Eklund Rumor: Jets interested in Galchenyuk

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Myers can't stay healthy and is NOT a 1st pairing D. He'd actually be behing Weber-Petry at MINIMUM on our depth chart.

2nd point, I have rarely see a 2nd liner hit 30goal or ppg pre-injury. Could you name another one ofr me please? cause I can't see it. Galchenyuk is DEFINTIELY a 1st lien talent, but we unfortunately have 2 1st line LWer (one of which is our captain). If Trouba still has room to grow, why wouldn't Galchenyuk?? He's already a 1st lien talent on the wing and could very well end-up a 1st line C still.

Trading a guy thatw as ppg last year before his injury and has already scored 30+ G in a season for a 2nd pairing D often injured and a pleotra of crapp* players isn't the direction Habs should take.

I think that Galchenyuk is going to turn out into a very good hockey player but calling him a 1st line talent right now is an extreme stretch considering the team he plays for (a team that struggled to find scoring in the playoffs) was using him in their bottom 6 during their last playoff run.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Jets are a much better team, but with limited good DMen depth and horrible Goaltending.

See, I try to stay out of the nonsense on these boards. The Jets are my second favourite team, so I really hate slagging on them, but who in their right mind makes a statement like above?

The team that missed the playoffs in a 14-team conference yet AGAIN, is "much better" than the 103-point division winner?

It's honestly posts like this that make me fear for humanity.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
At this point I think the average HF user holds more credibility. It's more like a proposal is made on HF that one day turns into an actual trade

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
If they wouldn't, it's why they will never win. Over-rating one's assets is the quickest path to failure.

It's more about team need. Take a second and look at our fwd depth, then D depth. Then ask yourself if that makes any sense for the jets. Value is fine and isn't the reason it would be declined. Doubt MTL does that either as it doesn't address scoring and trading 2 top 6 fwds for a another #1rhd makes zero sense for them.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
It's more about team need. Take a second and look at our fwd depth, then D depth. Then ask yourself if that makes any sense for the jets. Value is fine and isn't the reason it would be declined. Doubt MTL does that either as it doesn't address scoring and trading 2 top 6 fwds for a another #1rhd makes zero sense for them.

It definitely doesn't address a need for either team. But if a team offers you value well above what they should, you always take the assets. They can be flipped. But on the next post - there isn't a team in the league who couldn't find use for Lehkonen.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
It definitely doesn't address a need for either team. But if a team offers you value well above what they should, you always take the assets. They can be flipped. But on the next post - there isn't a team in the league who couldn't find use for Lehkonen.

I'm sure we could find a use. At the same time we have around 10+ guys fighting for bottom 6 spot, all of whom deserve it, not taking into account younger prospects who may come into camp and surprise. Which considering some of the players in the pipeline, wouldn't be really much of a surprise.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I don't see how each of these pieces adds enough significant value to either side to make the swap.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Just spitballing here..would Perreault and Stanley be of any interest?
Get another French speaking Canadian who can play C/W in your top 6 and replace your hulking LHD prospect you traded earlier for Drouin. An additional fwd prospect cpuld be added, but then id be looking for a pick coming back aswell.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm scared of what that + would be on-top of Myers. Trouba is obviously a hell no, would have considered Gal + Sergachev, but that's now neither here or there. MTL doesn't need a RHD and would be looking for a C in return I would assume. No way Little is added to Myers, doubt Roslovic would be either. I just don't see a logical trade to be made here, unless MTL wants futures which we have, but that doesn't seem viable for a team looking to compete. Myers with retention + Perreault maybe? I just don't know.

hahaha way to overrated your player and underrate ours.

some fans realy cant be partial. its ****ing laughable.

it may doesnt make sense for either side, but chucky and trouba hold the same value, sergachev + 2nd was traded for drouin who likely in terms of player holds the same value as trouba, so saying chucky + sergachev for trouba is fair is a huge joke.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

it may doesnt make sense for either side, but chucky and trouba hold the same value, sergachev + 2nd was traded for drouin who likely in terms of player holds the same value as trouba, so saying chucky + sergachev for trouba is fair is a huge joke.

Exactly why I asked if Trouba was that good why aren't the Jets signing him long term ? Most of his peers from the 2012 1st round have signed new deals.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax

A 23 year-old #1RHD holds more value than a top 6 w. I don't think youd find any jets fan that would trade Trouba for Drouin straight up. So No, they do not hold the same value.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Exactly why I asked if Trouba was that good why aren't the Jets signing him long term ? Most of his peers from the 2012 1st round have signed new deals.

Most Jets fans (myself included) would be totally fine with Trouba getting 8x8.

It takes 2 to tango though. We will soon find out if the rumors of Trouba just wanting out of Winnipeg are true.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

You traded a prospect D, albeit a good one, for Drouin. Do you really think its far-fetched to say that trading for a established top pairing D is going to be more expensive than a 60 point winger in Galchenyuk??

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax

Your question was already answered, but here we go again. Trouba has stated he doesnt plan to negotiate a new contract until his current one is up. Likely will increase his value this up coming season, putting him in a better position to more money. Also it has been indicated that WPG wants to lock him up long term and that he is an integral core peice of the franchise, however Trouba is the one who decides if he stays long term, not WPG. it has yet to be determined if we're in his long term plans. Regardless he will command a significant return, hense my previous post. Galchenyuk + Sergachev is much different then Galchenyuk + Drouin, which I havnt suggested nor will. I was merely stating that prior to Sergachev getting dealt, that that's the kind of return we'd be looking for.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
You traded a prospect D, albeit a good one, for Drouin. Do you really think its far-fetched to say that trading for a established top pairing D is going to be more expensive than a 60 point winger in Galchenyuk??

Thats what we call team need. I woulnt trade galchenyuk vs trouba 1 for 1. Not because i dont lile trouba, because it just doesnt make sense. Jets didnt trade trouba for drouin because they are stacked down the wing, so it indeed doesnt make sense. Does that mean the players doesnt hold fair value! Absolutly not, it just means they hold more value to their current team. Yes trouba is realy good, but calling him a #1 Dman at the stage of his career is kinda pushing it, he still has things to prove. He still has room to grow, he might reach his ceilling, might stagger where he is, might go even further than expectation, but we can say the same about both of the player i stated.

Pongs21

Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Thats what we call team need. I woulnt trade galchenyuk vs trouba 1 for 1. Not because i dont lile trouba, because it just doesnt make sense. Jets didnt trade trouba for drouin because they are stacked down the wing, so it indeed doesnt make sense. Does that mean the players doesnt hold fair value! Absolutly not, it just means they hold more value to their current team. Yes trouba is realy good, but calling him a #1 Dman at the stage of his career is kinda pushing it, he still has things to prove. He still has room to grow, he might reach his ceilling, might stagger where he is, might go even further than expectation, but we can say the same about both of the player i stated.
He proved last year that he is absolutely a #1D and he looking like he's just hitting his stride, hense his insane value. No Jets fan or habs fan proposed Myers and many from both sides have stated it makes no sense

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Can we not ban Eklund rumours?

He has NEVER got one thing correct. He is just some schmuck making money by posting this crap.

And, his rumour mongering usually creates fights on this board.

He should have been banned 9 years ago.

If anyone else here posts a rumour with no link, it gets deleted very quickly no questions asked. If the same poster started just posting non stop rumours, then that poster would get deleted.

Its time the mods put a stop to people positing this guys garbage.
Eklund has Darren Dreger kind of credibility...it has to stop...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I understand that team needs need to be accouned for, not going to argue that. But you said Chucky and Trouba hold the same value, which isn't true. Nothing exists in a vacuum, i get that, but on the open market, Trouba, as - at worst, a #2 RHD - holds more value then Chucky - at worst - a 1W. Montreal doesnt make the trade (and neither do the jets), but in terms of pure value, thats a win for Montreal, and i'm not even sure you could debate that.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Galchenyuk, a forward, only outscored Trouba by 11 points with 2 extra games played. But let's keep pretending they're close in value :laugh: :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad