Eklund Rumor: Jets interested in Galchenyuk

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If the Jets believe Trouba is worth Gal + Sergachev why the heck are they not locking him up ?

It takes two to tango. Currently there is little point for Trouba to sign an extension, which, by the way, would kick in after next season. He is still under his current contract.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
You shouldn't hate the idea of Myers+ for Gal, you do that and turn to tradeLittle for futures to keep building the prospect pool, which hopefully leads to those damm important quality ELC contracts when the new core is locked up.

But Montreal would be terrible after that trade.

Remind me again why Habs trade a 30/30 young 1st lienr for an overpaid 4-5-6D and a +??

If Galchenyuk Leavs, one of Scheiffle-Trouba-Little is coming back. Otherwhise there is NO REASON for habs to trade Galchenyuk. We have enough middle 6 FORWARD AND ARE NOT INTERESTED in the likes of middle/bottom 6er like Armia/Lowry. If anything, WE will be adding to Galchenyuk for a better 1st liner, not the opposite

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Remind me again why Habs trade a 30/30 young 1st lienr for an overpaid 4-5-6D and a +??

If Galchenyuk Leavs, one of Scheiffle-Trouba-Little is coming back. Otherwhise there is NO REASON for habs to trade Galchenyuk. We have enough middle 6 FORWARD AND ARE NOT INTERESTED in the likes of middle/bottom 6er like Armia/Lowry. If anything, WE will be adding to Galchenyuk for a better 1st liner, not the opposite

Galchenyuk has never hit 30+30 in his career, so you're wrong there. Myers is also better than you give him credit for.

What Galchenyuk has proven so far in his career is so far off from Scheifele and Trouba's league. A second line winger with below average defensive abilities carries way less value than a center who just had a full PPG season (and not 0.9 PPG in about 30 games, which every Habs fan seems to rave about passionately) and is defensively responsible, or a defenseman of his age who is a 1D in today's league and still has room to grow. Little is also a better player for us to have, as Galchenyuk has neither proven to be better than him, nor to be a center in the NHL.

We don't need to add a player like Galchenyuk to be good. That's why we would not entertain your offer for a second.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
200_s.gif

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs are desperate for offense from their Forwards and Galy is among the few options they have. Jets are a much better team, but with limited good DMen depth and horrible Goaltending.

This rumour makes so little sense, each team trading from a position of weakness to add to the others strengths??? They are horrible trading partners and there is no good offers that can be made.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'm scared of what that + would be on-top of Myers. Trouba is obviously a hell no, would have considered Gal + Sergachev, but that's now neither here or there. MTL doesn't need a RHD and would be looking for a C in return I would assume. No way Little is added to Myers, doubt Roslovic would be either. I just don't see a logical trade to be made here, unless MTL wants futures which we have, but that doesn't seem viable for a team looking to compete. Myers with retention + Perreault maybe? I just don't know.

That is correct, yes.

In what universe is Myers worth Galchenyuk + Serg? Dear lord the over valuing going on with Jets fans is incredible. This guy is a 2nd pairing D who can't stay healthy.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Can we not ban Eklund rumours?

He has NEVER got one thing correct. He is just some schmuck making money by posting this crap.

And, his rumour mongering usually creates fights on this board.

He should have been banned 9 years ago.

If anyone else here posts a rumour with no link, it gets deleted very quickly no questions asked. If the same poster started just posting non stop rumours, then that poster would get deleted.

Its time the mods put a stop to people positing this guys garbage.

I am 100% with this. How about nobody clicks the links, goes to the page, and that idiot doesn't have his own thread title. I would say it is the TMZ of hockey, but even TMZ at least something right on occasion...

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Holy cow Jets fans are so high on their players it's crazy. You'd think with all the all-stars the have on their teams they would be contending every year but somehow the only thing they've been contending for since they came back are lottery picks.

Keep your Myers & Trouba. We DON'T need them especially at the expense of Galchenyuk and while we're at it just re sign Little for 8 years so we can stop with this Little for Galchenyuk non-sense

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Holy cow Jets fans are so high on their players it's crazy. You'd think with all the all-stars the have on their teams they would be contending every year but somehow the only thing they've been contending for since they came back are lottery picks.

Keep your Myers & Trouba. We DON'T need them especially at the expense of Galchenyuk and while we're at it just re sign Little for 8 years so we can stop with this Little for Galchenyuk non-sense

Will do!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
In what universe is Myers worth Galchenyuk + Serg? Dear lord the over valuing going on with Jets fans is incredible. This guy is a 2nd pairing D who can't stay healthy.

Your not reading it correctly.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs are desperate for offense from their Forwards and Galy is among the few options they have. Jets are a much better team, but with limited good DMen depth and horrible Goaltending.

This rumour makes so little sense, each team trading from a position of weakness to add to the others strengths??? They are horrible trading partners and there is no good offers that can be made.

much better team ? where do people come up with this ? never made the playoffs ? were they even a 500 team ? do they have a goalie ? oh i forgot they signed kulikov for 4 mil. sorry

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Eklund rumour so huge grain of salt, you were warned.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1

Jets offering a packaging including Myers? Depends on package, sure hope Chevy knows he can sign Trouba.

Less likely Trouba, so Jesus I hope not Trouba.

lol if you really think about it.. This is Ecklund's genius.

Think about it. Everyone knows the rumor that Galchenyuk MAY be on the trading block. Then imagine you are a GM and see that a 23 year old with one season of 30+ goals may be available. Aren't you going to be at least interested enough to call Bergevin to talk about it?

Well if you follow Ecklund, every few days he will have a "new" rumor taht another team is interested. Bergy talks to GMs every day. Do you think the 31 GMs havent already asked about Galchy? So Ecklund is always right about the "interested" part, but the rest (what could be offered in return, whether the talks have gone past the initial informational discussion) is all speculation.

for example, last week he released "Montreal interested in Duchene" and i was like DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH my sources told me that since the beginning of his career! And ive known that he will be traded like 18 months ago.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
much better team ? where do people come up with this ? never made the playoffs ? were they even a 500 team ? do they have a goalie ? oh i forgot they signed kulikov for 4 mil. sorry

lol funny quote indeed. "Much better team, with horrible goaltending, etc... " lol may have taken that seriously if he had said "much better offense" ...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Galchenyuk has never hit 30+30 in his career, so you're wrong there. Myers is also better than you give him credit for.

What Galchenyuk has proven so far in his career is so far off from Scheifele and Trouba's league. A second line winger with below average defensive abilities carries way less value than a center who just had a full PPG season (and not 0.9 PPG in about 30 games, which every Habs fan seems to rave about passionately) and is defensively responsible, or a defenseman of his age who is a 1D in today's league and still has room to grow. Little is also a better player for us to have, as Galchenyuk has neither proven to be better than him, nor to be a center in the NHL.

We don't need to add a player like Galchenyuk to be good. That's why we would not entertain your offer for a second.

Myers can't stay healthy and is NOT a 1st pairing D. He'd actually be behing Weber-Petry at MINIMUM on our depth chart.

2nd point, I have rarely see a 2nd liner hit 30goal or ppg pre-injury. Could you name another one ofr me please? cause I can't see it. Galchenyuk is DEFINTIELY a 1st lien talent, but we unfortunately have 2 1st line LWer (one of which is our captain). If Trouba still has room to grow, why wouldn't Galchenyuk?? He's already a 1st lien talent on the wing and could very well end-up a 1st line C still.

Trading a guy thatw as ppg last year before his injury and has already scored 30+ G in a season for a 2nd pairing D often injured and a pleotra of crapp* players isn't the direction Habs should take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad