Eklund Rumor: Jets interested in Galchenyuk

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Britt knows her hockey

ba9f805484f629c8841bc5d34721bd3b.jpg

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Lol at all the Jets fans. We don't need neither Myers or Trouba. Keep your **** and continue to contend for a lottery picks.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Galchenyuk, a forward, only outscored Trouba by 11 points with 2 extra games played. But let's keep pretending they're close in value :laugh: :laugh:

Trouba only outscored Beaulieu by 5 points while having much more PP time. Beaulieu was traded for a 3rd round pick. That sets Trouba's value at a 2nd pick.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
There rarely is any logic in Eklund rumors

There is logic, not to the actual rumors he makes up but to the teams he chooses :laugh: Click click click.

He probably has an app now to make up the rumors, just has it weighted towards Canadian teams @ 80%, 15% chance the more popular non-Canadian teams, 5% chance the less popular markets. Then it randomizes 80% top 6 fwd/top 2 d-man/top prospect, 15% middle 6 forward/2nd pairing d-man/middle of the pack prospect, and 5% 4th liner/3rd pairing/horrible prospect, e1 to e5 all with their own individual randomized %'s.

Then it spits out:

Winnipeg/Montreal e4: Trouba + Prospect for Galchenyuk + Petry.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'd be down for something like Myers+Dano+picks. Not because it would make us better or anything like that but because I think it would be fun to score 7 every game. Maybe sign Jagr too and we can go for Laine-Scheif-Ehlers Connor-Little-Wheeler Gal-Perreault-Jagr

edit. and yes I know Jagr wont come to cold winnipeg but a man can dream, right?
I'm pretty sure he'd go to any NHL team that offered a contract. I'd love him on the Jets, but I think we're set for wingers.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Playing 8-10min+ a night with PP time lol

Are you suggesting Trouba plays the full 2 minutes on 4 to 5 PP's per game?
People also need to realize his defensive impact.
Trouba performed like a very good 1d last season now he has to prove he can do it consistently.
I'd expect Little to re-sign this summer.
Trouba will wait until next summer to maximize his value.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Are you suggesting Trouba plays the full 2 minutes on 4 to 5 PP's per game?
People also need to realize his defensive impact.
Trouba performed like a very good 1d last season now he has to prove he can do it consistently.
I'd expect Little to re-sign this summer.
Trouba will wait until next summer to maximize his value.

The other Jets fan focused solely on points to up his player value and lower ours. I was just showing him that points is useless to see what value a player hold.

We will probably never know which players holds the most value between Galchenyuk and Trouba but I think it's pretty close. I'm laughing at those who believes Trouba = Galchenyuk + Sergachev. These Jets fans are out of their god damnit minds.

This thread was and is going to continue to be useless. Montreal has Weber for another 7-8 years as a RH #1 D and Petry is a very solid #3 who's locked up for another 4 years and has a NMC. There's simply no room for either Trouba or Myers. We can discuss who worth what but at the end of the day there is 0 chance a deal is made arount those two to Montreal.

So why keep the thread open?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The other Jets fan focused solely on points to up his player value and lower ours. I was just showing him that points is useless to see what value a player hold.

We will probably never know which players holds the most value between Galchenyuk and Trouba but I think it's pretty close. I'm laughing at those who believes Trouba = Galchenyuk + Sergachev. These Jets fans are out of their god damnit minds.

This thread was and is going to continue to be useless. Montreal has Weber for another 7-8 years as a RH #1 D and Petry is a very solid #3 who's locked up for another 4 years and has a NMC. There's simply no room for either Trouba or Myers. We can discuss who worth what but at the end of the day there is 0 chance a deal is made arount those two to Montreal.

So why keep the thread open?

Agreed, the Jets want to make the playoffs this year and subtracting from our defence to add offence is the last thing we should do. There's close to zero chance the Jets make any kind of major change to their roster. They've done what they need to do so far.

We can stop worrying about value etc... Neither team is going to do anything like this.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Perreault, Comrie, a 3rd and Myers for Galchenyuk and Patches.

If the Habs were to trade two 30 goal scorers I would want more than 3rd line center, a 3-4 DMan and a goalie prospect that isn't needed at all. A number one center needs to be coming back and I don't see the Jets parting with one.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Might as well shut this thread down.

Jets/Habs don't make good trade partners.

I actually think that something around Little could benefit both teams. He'd be a number one center on the Canadiens and his age is in line with their core. Meanwhile Galchenyuk is young and fits better with a rebuilding team. Obviously, this wouldn't be a straight up deal.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I actually think that something around Little could benefit both teams. He'd be a number one center on the Canadiens and his age is in line with their core. Meanwhile Galchenyuk is young and fits better with a rebuilding team. Obviously, this wouldn't be a straight up deal.

No it is it. I like Little but if we are trading Galchenyuk I expect something elite to come back

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
It definitely doesn't address a need for either team. But if a team offers you value well above what they should, you always take the assets. They can be flipped. But on the next post - there isn't a team in the league who couldn't find use for Lehkonen.

Sure, but that only ever happens on HF, not IRL.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Only way I would be interested in Galchenyuk is if we got him cheap, too many issues/red flags with him to be considered a prime target to go after.

warrenm

Jul 22, 2017
First post. Long time Jet fan now residing in the GTA.

This cannot be true. The Jets do not need a top 6 forward. And as for the comment on signing Little as 2C long term, I would prefer to see what happens with the development of Connor, Roslo and Petan. If Connor pans out the way we all hope he does, I just don't see a roll for little in 2019 or beyond.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
First post. Long time Jet fan now residing in the GTA.

This cannot be true. The Jets do not need a top 6 forward. And as for the comment on signing Little as 2C long term, I would prefer to see what happens with the development of Connor, Roslo and Petan. If Connor pans out the way we all hope he does, I just don't see a roll for little in 2019 or beyond.

Not familiar with Eklund, huh? Almost nothing he posts is true. The only way this trade makes sense is if Perreault or Little were traded, and GMKC didn't feel confident in fast tracking Connor and/or Roslovic into the NHL.

No it is it. I like Little but if we are trading Galchenyuk I expect something elite to come back

You would have to add to that, then. Chucky hasn't shown he's anything beyond a 2nd line player yet, and has had very little development as a centre.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Lol at all the Jets fans. We don't need neither Myers or Trouba. Keep your **** and continue to contend for a lottery picks.

Chevy has fixed our holes this offseason, our young players will organically be better and I think it's reasonable we should have better health than last year's injury plagued season.

We're built right to take big steps this year. When we don't have major holes, we're not looking to create any by trading for unneeded pieces.

Cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->