Injury Report: Jets Injury Report

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
This is an injury that is sure to hurt. For all those Enstrom haters not wanting him on the team, you kinda got your wish. Hope you're happy!:sarcasm:

Injuries are a part of the game. Let's see some guys step up and play some big time minutes and situations. I hope some guys will thrive in the moment.

I do hope Enstrom comes back soon, it's hard to showcase his talents for a trade while on the IR.:naughty:

I all seriousness I hope he is back soon to contribute to the hockey team and I never like to see anyone injured.

wpgyotes

Bye Bryz
Jul 6, 2006
For all that is Holy, keep Oduya and Byfuglin off the same pairing.

Can either guy skate backwards?? They'll have their back to the play trying to defend and/or attempt to intercept cross-ice passes with their stick rather than getting a body in the lane. This won't be pretty.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Some +/- stats that point out how much we might miss our injured D men.

Active

Byfuglien -5
Oduya -4
Bogosian -4
Stuart -1
Jones -1

Injured

Enstrom +2
Hainsey +2
Meech +1

Anyone detect a pattern?

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
Some +/- stats that point out how much we might miss our injured D men.

Active

Byfuglien -5
Oduya -4
Bogosian -4
Stuart -1
Jones -1

Injured

Enstrom +2
Hainsey +2
Meech +1

Anyone detect a pattern?

Redmond in StJ is +6 so he should be the best defensive dman prospect we have and should be called up.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
Way to use a stat without any context what so-ever. That really gives a clear picture of what each player has done.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Sometimes increased ice time just forces players to step up, maybe this will happen to Bogosian? Our D without Enstrom is scary regardless.

Believe it or not, this worked for Bogosian last year. The couple of games were rough, but after that, he was much better and went on to have a good 2nd half last year.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Redmond in StJ is +6 so he should be the best defensive dman prospect we have and should be called up.

I'm not against to calling up Redmond. I think he's going to be a solid NHL defenseman pretty soon.

However, this is only his first season in the AHL. By comparison, Postma and Kulda are in their 3rd and 4th seasons respectively and have paid their dues IMO. I think they deserve a call up.

Festerling is kind of redundant with Jones and Meech IMO. All of them are fringe NHLers.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010

for some reason i have always read your name as postmapat...i thought it was a witty reference to our defenceman....not as funny now that i see its postmanpat...i think you should change it.

anyways....really disappointing news...hopefully it isnt a long term thing and he can come back healthy....hopefully its something mechanical and not head.

third worst record in the league, our best players cant score and our two best defenders are out....yikes.

i do appreciate how much king woodballs is a glass half full kind of guy....

John Cena*

This could be a turning point in the season even though it's early. We went 0-4-2 last year when Enstrom missed time with an injury. And the very game he returned we won 3-2 over the Rags and he recorded a point. Damn he will be missed. Get back soon Toby!

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
Terrible news. Any speculation as to what the actual injury is?

Will be worse if Hainsey isn't back soon. Is he on the road trip? Is Meech injured as well? Although Meech seems too offensive for what we need now.

I agree NOOOOOO Buff and Oduya. It would seem the smart move to put Buff with Stuart or Jones. Putting in Bogo I think it would make him concentrate too much on covering some of Buff's mistakes or rushes and wouldn't help with his development....or would it???

I'm not sure who they are going to call up but everyone has already made some solid points on why it could be a few.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Terrible news. Any speculation as to what the actual injury is?

Will be worse if Hainsey isn't back soon. Is he on the road trip? Is Meech injured as well? Although Meech seems too offensive for what we need now.

I agree NOOOOOO Buff and Oduya. It would seem the smart move to put Buff with Stuart or Jones. Putting in Bogo I think it would make him concentrate too much on covering some of Buff's mistakes or rushes and wouldn't help with his development....or would it???

I'm not sure who they are going to call up but everyone has already made some solid points on why it could be a few.

I heard it's the same as what Hainsey has which is I believe a shoulder strain.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Im not as worried Buff isnt nearly as bad as he is thought to be. Im hoping they call up Kulda play him with Joney
Bogo - Stuart
Jones - Buff
Kulda - Joney
It sucks to have our Top guy out but I don't think it will be the end of the world as some are predicting.

I'm not sure how many of you saw Kulda play in preaseason,but from what I saw I do think he is even close to making the NHL and I'm not sure if he ever will,I also think Festerling should get the call if it was buff or bogo that went down then Postma should get the call.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Brett Festerling and Mark Flood have been recalled.

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/H...ets-recall-Festerling-and-Flood-from-IceCaps/

Not only is Enstrom out, Mark Stuart is also suffering from an upper body injury and will be a game time decision tomorrow. Hainsey might be back by Sunday.

http://twitter.com/#!/WiebeSunSports/status/131838064963231745
http://twitter.com/#!/WiebeSunSports/status/131838193912918016

Make it stoooooooooooooooooop.

These type of things make creating a GDT really tough haha.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Now Stuart... Oh. My. God.

Bogosian, Byfuglien, Oduya, Jones, Festerling, Flood.

:help:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Now Stuart... Oh. My. God.

Bogosian, Byfuglien, Oduya, Jones, Festerling, Flood.

:help:

Some positives can come of this. Buff is going to have to be defensively more responsible. If he is not willing to play a team game, I won't even speculate what some fans may suggest.:naughty:

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Kinda feel bad for Postma. He's definitely NHL ready, but he's stuck in the AHL getting overlooked for Flood and Festerling.

Westender

Flying W
Jul 3, 2011
Pine Street
I like the Festerling call-up, and Flood, OK. I agree Postma is earning himself a call-up sometime soon, but for current needs we desperately need defensive defencemen - if/when Postma comes up it'll be for his offence.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The replacements are....

garylawless gary lawless
by ICEzzyG
Jets recall flood and festerling #winnipegjets
5 minutes ago

And the WFP story

You have got to be kidding me!!! Flood and Festerling over Postma and Kulda. :shakehead Wow. Just wow. Not impressed at all.:shakehead

How many career AHLers does one team need, with McArdle, Stapleton, Mannino, Flood, Meech, Festerling all with the big team, this is gonna be HARD to watch...

BuffsEnough

Oct 17, 2011
Why has the league not suspended Skille for that hit yet? And how about the other headshot in the game? Free headshots on Winnipeg, or what?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad