Injury Report: Jets Injury Report

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
so Pavs is def starting tomorrow then... He needs to shake off that last game... I know that some of the goals weren't his fault but by the fifth one, I thought he was really rattled.

He'll show me something in tampa if he comes up big.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The one goal scored on Mason he looked like he hurt something.

Go to 4:15 in this video and check out his left leg.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the goal. I don't know if they showed it on the Jets feed but on the Flyers feed they showed he strained it on a shot wide to his right. He then pointed at his right groin to the bench.

PitbulI

Dec 22, 2010
Is there any update on Fehr? At the beginning of the season it was said he'd be playing in late October/Early November.

I'm thinking he could be a major part of our offence so I want to see him playing.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Is there any update on Fehr? At the beginning of the season it was said he'd be playing in late October/Early November.

I'm thinking he could be a major part of our offence so I want to see him playing.

Unfortunately I heard still about 3 weeks last night on the post game show. Hope they are just being cautious.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Yup, I heard 4 weeks (this was a week ago) so it should still be another 3 weeks till we finally see him on the team. To be honest I totally forgot about him :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Jets-head-to-New-York-without-Enstrom-133086553.html

Upper Body Injury? Hopefully it not a long term thing...but obviously if he's been sent back to the 'Peg...it's not too good....Look out when Florida visits....This could be the start of this years first big rivalry.....

I've been hearing 2-4 weeks, which is really going to suck for us. We need Hainsey back in the worst way. This team having it's 2 best defenders out, and relying on Byfuglien for big minutes is very bad news.

We have to hope that Jones keeps up his steady play and Oduya can find a way to rid himself of the atrocious giveaways he's prone to 2-3 times a game.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Changed the title to Speculation (for now) and what not. Figured we could use this as the Tobias Enstrom injury thread.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Ouch. Losing Enstrom and Hainsey is bad news.

Bogo's been playing 20+ minutes a night, but to expect him to keep up his play, AND fill in for some of Enstrom's minutes is asking a lot.

Until 1 or both are back, this will be a tough stretch.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
The guy I want to see here is Brett Festerling. He impressed me throughout camp/pre-season and I think he can add some steady defensive play and a physical element to our blueline.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
The guy I want to see here is Brett Festerling. He impressed me throughout camp/pre-season and I think he can add some steady defensive play and a physical element to our blueline.

These are also my thoughts. On the brightside if Enstrom is out for any length of time perhaps Buff can be more responsible defensively. :help:

Jones and Buff
Oduya and Buff

I prefer Jones with Buff.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think Kulda is the guy we need right now.

He might not put up points, but he's the most sound defensively.

I hope for Festerling first, but Kulda I think would be a decent second choice.

I would pick Festerling first because he has nearly 100 games of NHL experience, and we are going to need that.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Stuart - Byfuglien
Festerling - Bogosian
Jones - Oduya

Is what i'd do.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
On the brightside if Enstrom is out for any length of time perhaps Buff can be more responsible defensively.

Exactly what I was thinking. It will also be good to see if Bogosian can step up and be our number 1 defenseman.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Gah, hope he gets better soon. The team is going to feel him missing and also a few of my hockey pools are going to be hurting lol.

I third Festerling!

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Realistically though, it's probably going to be Postma. He was one of the final cuts after camp and he's been on fire offensively in St. John's. If we're to believe TNSE's "If you play well, we'll make space for you" mantra, I think Postma gets the call.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Stuart - Byfuglien
Festerling - Bogosian
Jones - Oduya

Is what i'd do.

CJOB reported Stuart -Bogo as the shut-down pairing - and either Buff -Oduya or Buff- Jones - as the 2nd pairing, they didn't speculate ant further.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Realistically though, it's probably going to be Postma. He was one of the final cuts after camp and he's been on fire offensively in St. John's. If we're to believe TNSE's "If you play well, we'll make space for you" mantra, I think Postma gets the call.

I'll be pretty concerned if this is the case. I think we need a defensive guy. Sometimes given the circumstances, you gotta fill the void with a certain type of player, and I don't think Postma is that player. Just my feelings, however.

Edit - But, it would be fun to see Postma and get a look at him.

Last edited:

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
This is an injury that is sure to hurt. For all those Enstrom haters not wanting him on the team, you kinda got your wish. Hope you're happy!:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad