Injury Report: Jets Injury Report

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just wondering; if POSTMA gets SENT to us will he DELIVER?

Why is Meech even here as the 7th defence man if they are reluctant at playing him?

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
CJOB reported Stuart -Bogo as the shut-down pairing - and either Buff -Oduya or Buff- Jones - as the 2nd pairing, they didn't speculate ant further.

Oh boy. Can't say I am a fan of that. Buff with either Oduya or Jones... worries me. A lot. Perhaps for 1-2 games, ok, but 2-4 weeks? Color me concerned.

Ron Hainsey, please come back, asap.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This is an injury that is sure to hurt. For all those Enstrom haters not wanting him on the team, you kinda got your wish. Hope you're happy!:sarcasm:

I wasn't at all impressed at Enstrom after the first couple games (boy was I wrong) but I think he is a lot more important to us defensively than offensively. I think he is the best defence man on the team. (Duke will love this post)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bwahahahaha Byfuglien-Oduya?

I will be covering my eyes every time they are on the ice together :amazed:

If you want to get hammered with buddies you could make a drinking game: every time the announcer says giveaway when Buff and Oduya are on the ice you have to drink :laugh:

3rdManIn

Put'n on the foil!
I wasn't at all impressed at Enstrom after the first couple games (boy was I wrong) but I think he is a lot more important to us defensively than offensively. I think he is the best defence man on the team. (Duke will love this post)

Im glad you came around.I remember reading some of your posts about Toby.

Speedy recovery Toby.It's going to be a long 2-4 weeks.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
What does calling Festerling up do for us going into the future? I'd rather call up one of our young D-men to fill out the defense. To me this is a good time to get Kulda or Postma NHL experience.

I sure hope Hainsey gets well soon:handclap:

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
Im not as worried Buff isnt nearly as bad as he is thought to be. Im hoping they call up Kulda play him with Joney
Bogo - Stuart
Jones - Buff
Kulda - Joney
It sucks to have our Top guy out but I don't think it will be the end of the world as some are predicting.

bazaaa*

I'd love ot see Postma up, but it's obviously not the best choice for the team.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

If you want to get hammered with buddies you could make a drinking game: every time the announcer says giveaway when Buff and Oduya are on the ice you have to drink :laugh:

I don't want to pass out mid-game, man! :laugh:

I think more minutes could favour Bogo, as was talked about in his thread yesterday. Allow him to mature a bit since he's been playing a lot better as of late.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I don't want to pass out mid-game, man! :laugh:

I think more minutes could favour Bogo, as was talked about in his thread yesterday. Allow him to mature a bit since he's been playing a lot better as of late.

Speculation in the off season was that Bogo wanted 1st pairing minutes and lots of PP time. Hopefully he can excel, since he's going to get them.

PostmanPat1919

Jul 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure we tried the Byfuglien/Oduya and Byfuglien/Jones experiment before, do we REALLY need to try it again?

All it took was two badly placed injuries to totally bork up our defence. I'm really hoping that Enstrom's out for closer to 2 weeks, rather then 4.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

I don't want to pass out after the first period.

EDIT: Hammer Slammer beat me to the punch

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
What does calling Festerling up do for us going into the future? I'd rather call up one of our young D-men to fill out the defense. To me this is a good time to get Kulda or Postma NHL experience.

I sure hope Hainsey gets well soon:handclap:

This isn't preseason anymore, playing rookies might be nice but winning is the name of the game now and I think Festerling is the most solid option going forward.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Enstrom is hurt so the sky is falling!
ahhhhhhhhh!
We will get through this.
It wont be nearly as bad as some of you are prediciting.

PostmanPat1919

Jul 18, 2011
I think he's hurt as well. On IR?

Enstrom, Hainsey and Meech are hurt at the moment. Meech isn't on IR, though. That leaves us with Bogosian, Byfuglien, Stuart, Oduya and Jones as healthy defencemen.

Bogosian has clearly improved, but it's still a question mark whether he can stand up and be "the guy" on defence to log ~30 minutes to cover for Enstrom while he's injured.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
This isn't preseason anymore, playing rookies might be nice but winning is the name of the game now and I think Festerling is the most solid option going forward.

Like you said, "this isn't the preseason anymore". Festerling has done nothing to indicate he's a quality NHL d-man. He's played 83 game at the NHL level, but has also been passed around the AHL. He is what he is. His preseason was good, but so were other players that aren't currently with the team. I don't think Festerling is that much better (if at all) of an option than Kulda at this point (if we're talking defensive d-men).

IMO Festerling is the physical version of Meech.

Captain Clutch 13

Mar 7, 2011
Sometimes increased ice time just forces players to step up, maybe this will happen to Bogosian? Our D without Enstrom is scary regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad