Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hey, I've got an idea. Why not flip one of our RHD over to LD? Why can't the Jets think about these kind of things?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You think they haven't ?

I didn't put the sarcasm emoji in my post. Yes, of course they did. They envisioned a top 4 of...

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers

Add in Morrissey and LD is no longer a problem.

They could still flip Buff or Myers over to LD and have Poolman or Postma as the 3rd pairing RD and they'd have good depth and balance.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I didn't put the sarcasm emoji in my post. Yes, of course they did. They envisioned a top 4 of...

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers

Add in Morrissey and LD is no longer a problem.

They could still flip Buff or Myers over to LD and have Poolman or Postma as the 3rd pairing RD and they'd have good depth and balance.

I'm willing to try Myers with Buff and see what happens. Toby can play with Postma or groom Poolman if Posty leaves.

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
Hey, I've got an idea. Why not flip one of our RHD over to LD? Why can't the Jets think about these kind of things?

Okay, that made me laugh. :laugh::laugh:
On my rec team, I'm the RHD who has to play LD, and the trade demand or "career potential" jokes never seem to get old.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Oh, right.

I still can imagine the Jets trying Myers or maybe Buff on the left side. Lots of teams have a player on their offside.

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Buff
Myers-Postma / Poolman

That doesn't look half bad.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
Oh, right.

I still can imagine the Jets trying Myers or maybe Buff on the left side. Lots of teams have a player on their offside.

Morrissey-Trouba
Enstrom-Buff
Myers-Postma / Poolman

That doesn't look half bad.

Enstrom has had 2 weak seasons in a row. I know his PDO is low but I wouldn't bank on a bounce back year at his age which makes this top 4 quite a bit weaker, also considering Buff being Buff

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
How about Brett Howden and a 2018 1st from Tampa for Myers? Not sure what their Cap situation is like though.

That would be a great haul. Can't see them parting with howden they love him. Plus they would trade a 2017 instead cause I think they have two? Just checked they only have one but next year is much stronger draft so they'd still do 2017.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Jets need a LH dman to play with Buff. I was trying to think of who is a young "Niklas Hjalmarsson-type" player that the Jets could get to play with Buff.

Now i'm wondering if the Blackhawks need to move a dman, would Hjalmarsson become available and if so, would they want to trade him to Winnipeg and would Hjalmarsson include Winnipeg in his list of teams he would agree to go to?

He'll be 30 in the summer, with two years left on this deal. He could be the guy that moves the needle enough to be a playoff team. Would a draft pick and prospect (not named Connor or Roslovic) get it done?

Morrissey-Trouba
Hjalmarsson-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers

Still need another LH dman - as Chiarot, Stuart, Melchiori all are sub-par.

He's a guy i would hope the Jets have interest in, and would pursue if he's available.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Jets need a LH dman to play with Buff. I was trying to think of who is a young "Niklas Hjalmarsson-type" player that the Jets could get to play with Buff.

Now i'm wondering if the Blackhawks need to move a dman, would Hjalmarsson become available and if so, would they want to trade him to Winnipeg and would Hjalmarsson include Winnipeg in his list of teams he would agree to go to?

He'll be 30 in the summer, with two years left on this deal. He could be the guy that moves the needle enough to be a playoff team. Would a draft pick and prospect (not named Connor or Roslovic) get it done?

Morrissey-Trouba
Hjalmarsson-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers

He's a guy i would hope the Jets have interest in, and would pursue if he's available.

They're already a play-off team with a goalie. They're still not a play-off team without one.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Ya Hjarlmarson is great and would be a great partner for Buff. If the Jets could get him for what you suggest would be great, but I think it will cost quite a bit more and maybe not be worth it since his age doesn't really fit in with the Jets young core.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Hoping jets are in on Will Butcher. LD who will be free agent in Aug.

He could still sign with the Avalanche. The Jets might be interested, but they generally favour bigger players.

What about Jake Kulevich? Was his time with the Moose not impressive enough for the Jets to sign him, or are they still deciding?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He could still sign with the Avalanche. The Jets might be interested, but they generally favour bigger players.

What about Jake Kulevich? Was his time with the Moose not impressive enough for the Jets to sign him, or are they still deciding?

:laugh: Still evaluating.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

Morrissey-Trouba
Hjalmarsson-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Myers

No.. absolutely no reason for Chicago to move him. He's their second best defenseman by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad