Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Odds that wheeler is traded by season's end? He is my pick for player traded this year. I am saying 50/50 odds

Could get us blue chip dman from Philly.

Wheeler is so attractive due to cap hit for team looking to make run next few years.

While I'm in agreement with trading Wheeler, I doubt it happens this offseason. If we had a real proactive GM, yes it might happen, but alas. Wheels has 2 more years on his contract after this one. Scheif has made strides towards taking over the captaincy, but he's not nearly ready yet. So if Wheels is traded (and I hope he is), makes more sense to wait until the summer after when he is going into his last season.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Trouba/Little

Not going to happen, but I find the fate of Little to be fascinating for this franchise. Based on how things are currently going for the team, I expect him to be traded this summer.

Nope, trading Little would be a huge mistake. We don't have a #2C that can step in there. Roslo or Petan may eventually work out, but trading Little would really force that position on one of them.

Little has always been highly undervalued. Whens he's out of the lineup, he's missed more than almost any player. He's the one vet I'm most keen on re-signing.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Edmonton fan just offered Eberle + Caleb Jones + 2017 1st + 2018 1st for Wheeler.

Let's just pretend he'd waive to go play on McDavids wing, would we take this offer? We'd get a worse replacement in Eberle, a pretty solid LHD prospect and likely two mid to late first rounders.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Edmonton fan just offered Eberle + Caleb Jones + 2017 1st + 2018 1st for Wheeler.

Let's just pretend he'd waive to go play on McDavids wing, would we take this offer? We'd get a worse replacement in Eberle, a pretty solid LHD prospect and likely two mid to late first rounders.

If we did that, I'd also want to move some other vets out, as we'd be signing off on their time in Winnipeg. It's an interesting thought, but not in isolation.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

It's completely fair value, but I don't know if that's what the Jets will be looking for in exchange for Wheeler.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Nobody has any thoughts about this proposal?

I don't think the Islanders would do that. Wheeler is a very good player, but there's a lot of value coming back from their side, including some youth. Enstrom would have to waive his NMC, and his contract is up soon.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
While I'm in agreement with trading Wheeler, I doubt it happens this offseason. If we had a real proactive GM, yes it might happen, but alas. Wheels has 2 more years on his contract after this one. Scheif has made strides towards taking over the captaincy, but he's not nearly ready yet. So if Wheels is traded (and I hope he is), makes more sense to wait until the summer after when he is going into his last season.

why wait until summer? highest value would be trade deadline.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

If I'm trading Wheeler for a D prospect, it had better be one of the best in the world.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It's completely fair value, but I don't know if that's what the Jets will be looking for in exchange for Wheeler.

Agreed. It seems like a decent return in a vacuum, but I'm personally not a fan of Eberle's overall game, and all three of Jones and the two picks could turn into meh.

I'd ideally get a lot more proven assets back myself if we're dealing Wheeler.

Winnipegjetters

Oct 7, 2016
Boston wpg

Boston likes there big D. Theres lots of "ifs": If Buff would waive his nmc. Could we trade buff for mcvoy and carlo. I keep on hearing buff is buff. Or more or less he's un coach able, in boston he can go to a playoff team with structure allowing him to do his thing they would love him and chara for a few years.. Trouba might be more willing to sign here. Carlo would fill in our 2nd Rd untill myers comes back becoming our 3 rd. Mcvoy might be rdy as early as next year to play our 3rd pairing Ld and in 2 years take over for enstome. OUR CORE GETS SHAKEN UP. Win for eveyone. And we 7f 3d expansion

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Boston likes there big D. Theres lots of "ifs": If Buff would waive his nmc. Could we trade buff for mcvoy and carlo. I keep on hearing buff is buff. Or more or less he's un coach able, in boston he can go to a playoff team with structure allowing him to do his thing they would love him and chara for a few years.. Trouba might be more willing to sign here. Carlo would fill in our 2nd Rd untill myers comes back becoming our 3 rd. Mcvoy might be rdy as early as next year to play our 3rd pairing Ld and in 2 years take over for enstome. OUR CORE GETS SHAKEN UP. Win for eveyone. And we 7f 3d expansion

Say no to Carlo!!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Joined in Oct - 1st post in Jan?

Welcome.

I like some of Boston's D prospects. Your proposal works better if McAvoy was LHD. I don't think they are likely to move Carlo right now although, IMO he is overrated.

If trading D with Boston I would be looking for McAvoy and Lauzon, 1 LHD & 1 RHD. Exactly what it might take to get those 2 from Bruins I don't know.

I would do Buff but i doubt they would. Too much cap hit and they would want more youth. I'm not sure how we could make it attractive to them.

Trouba would be more likely to suit them. Less cap hit immediately and much younger player. The drawback for us is that the payoff is a year or two away and unproven. Either or both could flop although both look pretty good right now.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Nope, trading Little would be a huge mistake. We don't have a #2C that can step in there. Roslo or Petan may eventually work out, but trading Little would really force that position on one of them.

Little has always been highly undervalued. Whens he's out of the lineup, he's missed more than almost any player. He's the one vet I'm most keen on re-signing.

I'm just doubting he will re-sign.

Winnipegjetters

Oct 7, 2016
Sorry i thought mcvoy was a lefty. But personally i would prefer 3 more years of trouba then 4 more of the current buff.
But if this defensive core being one of the most highly paid in the league continues to play this lazy in there own end something needs to be done and with no d in the pipline we need to trade for like 2 blue chip prospects in the next year or 2 or where screwed 3 years from now. So why not shake the whole thing up by tradingr one our "top" guys.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

I'd be down just because McAvoy looked really good at the wjc

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I would trade Trouba to Colorado for Matt Duchene then trade Little for L/H defense.

Don't mind this.

Trouba trade before expansion draft.

Protect 7-3-1 (keep Lowry, Armia, Dano).

Trade Little for D.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
an option for expansion draft is that this trade deadline will be a buyers market. could load up on players knowing that jet's will only lose one player.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I started a trade proposal thread on the main board, based on rumours out of COL and NYI. Assuming Trouba wants out...

To Avs: Trouba
To Isles: Little, Dano
To Jets: Duchene, Hamonic

Jets give up Little, Trouba and Dano for Duchene and Hamonic.

Early comments on the main board are that the Jets make out like bandits, which isn't a surprising reaction.

Thoughts?

HalfWallWheeler*

Jan 16, 2017
I started a trade proposal thread on the main board, based on rumours out of COL and NYI. Assuming Trouba wants out...

Early comments on the main board are that the Jets make out like bandits, which isn't a surprising reaction.

Thoughts?

how about trouba little dano +1st top 3 protected pick for duchene/barrie

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Thoughts?

Here's a hot take- Hamonic is closer to Myers in value than he is to Trouba. His shot numbers are nothing to write home about and alternate between solid to "oh-my-god-bad" from one season to another. Maybe that's usage related? But I don't wanna take a chance.

At this point I think I will be disappointed if Hamonic is the main piece returning for Trouba. Jets should target d-men like Gardiner, Slavin, Pesche, Gostisbehere and Klingberg (Frankly if I am Dallas I am salivating to move Klingberg for Trouba).

I think value wise the trade is fair for all parties, however I feel Hamonic is too much of a downgrade from Trouba and the Duchene upgrade on Little+Dano is not enough to make up for it

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

Thoughts?

I think it's an overpay and would hurt the team considerably. Little is underrated and Hamonic is overrated, which is why the main board is bent.

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
I would be looking more to trading Little to Anaheim for Lindholm or to Philadelphia for L/H defence not for Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad