Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why won't Stu be sent down? He has sat in the pressbox most of the season, they clearly don't see him as being a part of the team's future anymore.

He meets the expansion requirement so I can't see them moving him. They can punt Chariot for all I care.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yep. Jets are in good shape as far as the requirements go, they have enough of everything. If you look at the Coyotes or the Oilers, they're going to have trouble coming up with enough forwards to expose to meet the requirement. Carolina has nowhere near enough D. There's still a lot of salt to shake out before this thing is readable. After the trade deadline is probably a good time to revisit and see where everyone's at.

Howden doesn't matter, he's RFA so he doesn't meet the under contract requirement.

Howden could be signed. I'm just trying to think of a reason it would be worth doing. Haven't come up witb one. He isn't going to be picked.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Brad Hunt on waivers. Please, please, please let us pick him up. Best Corsi on St Louis (albeit only played 9 games) 5 points in those 9 games, LHD, over a PPG in the AHL, coughfiveninecough great passer, bomb of a shot. Has never been given a fair shake in the NHL because of his size, also not known for being great defensively, but I'd rather have someone who is good offensively and meh defensive than Stuart or Chiarot, who are just bad in both areas.

I don't think Brad Hunt is the answer. It's hard to imagine a player being worse than the Jets' current options for that bottom pairing, but then again, it was hard to imagine a worse defenseman than Chiarot until Stu laced 'em up again.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Would you trade Kyle Conner and Jacob Trouba to Nashville for Juuse Saros?

Saros looks amazing so far but he is not yet proven at this level, loosing trouba would be a huge hit for the jets defence,, i dont know if I'd make that trade, if saros really is as good as he seems it should be an no brainer.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Would you trade Jacob Trouba and Kyle Connor for Juuse Saros?

Awful.

Look at what the best unproven goalies were traded for. Try a barely-top-10 pick for Schneider.

Trouba and Connor should get you a Vezina candidate if one was ever available.

What a joke. :shakehead

Saros looks amazing so far but he is not yet proven at this level, loosing trouba would be a huge hit for the jets defence,, i dont know if I'd make that trade, if saros really is as good as he seems it should be an no brainer.

Are you just trying to be polite?

It's called variation. Yeah, Saros looks great. So did Hammond. So did Hellebuyck, once.

notwolfy

Nov 15, 2013
Awful.

Look at what the best unproven goalies were traded for. Try a barely-top-10 pick for Schneider.

It's called variation. Yeah, Saros looks great. So did Hammond. So did Hellebuyck, once.

Saros has been elite wherever he has played.He is a most scrutinized goalie due to his size.Winnipeg has a vital need for a goalie,you can say what you want but my observations show an invisible Connor and a maybe disgruntled Trouba who is playing good not great.Things may change and Hellebuyck could turn out fine,but at this point it sure doesn't seem so.At this point the Jets need a boost in goal.But like another poster stated maybe Nashville wouldn't make that trade as they know what they got in the 4th round.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Saros has been elite wherever he has played.He is a most scrutinized goalie due to his size.Winnipeg has a vital need for a goalie,you can say what you want but my observations show an invisible Connor and a maybe disgruntled Trouba who is playing good not great.Things may change and Hellebuyck could turn out fine,but at this point it sure doesn't seem so.At this point the Jets need a boost in goal.But like another poster stated maybe Nashville wouldn't make that trade as they know what they got in the 4th round.

All of those things were accurate of hellebuyck. Unfortunately you just never know with goalies

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Awful.

Just fyi Hammond did not track great at any time beyond a fluke 20 game sample to end the season and start his career a couple years ago. I and many many other said OTT would be stupid to re-sign him.

Hellebuyck is the opposite a goalie who was tracking through the roof prior to last little bit in NHL. Hellebuyck is type of guy smart people bet on versus a Hammond type.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It is tough to make trades in the modern NHL. We may have to wait until the deadline for Chevy to make some moves. By then it will be very clear the Jets are sellers (or not?).

I wonder what the market is for Perreault?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
It's tough to make trades this year because of a couple things

1. Salary Cap, can say trade Stafford or someone but.. he's getting paid a bit still and not many teams have the space just yet

2. Expansion Draft. Really hasn't been any trades have there?

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Trouba, Petan and 2nd pick for Leddy and Strome from the Isles.

If not Leddy, Hamonic.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Our D is a mess. Trouba doesn't want to be here? or does he? Buff is a wild card, great 2nd pairing with controlled minutes. JMo is great. Toby is good but I think we want someone more physical. And, we need 6 D, overplaying the top pair like we do now is bad.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If I am Chevy I am asking Enstrom if he is interested in moving to a contender in the east. I start soliciting offers for Perreault. I identify a stable, stay at home D to compliment/cover Buff so coach can have Morrissey and Trouba be the top pairing. Keep the youth movement and start trading the vets. Identify coaching staff for the summer and an experienced hockey guy to assist with operations.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

Vezina goalies are worth that kind of package. Young and/or prospect goalies might get you a middling 1st.

As BB88 stated, though, teams don't trade prospect goalies.

Just fyi Hammond did not track great at any time beyond a fluke 20 game sample to end the season and start his career a couple years ago. I and many many other said OTT would be stupid to re-sign him.

Hellebuyck is the opposite a goalie who was tracking through the roof prior to last little bit in NHL. Hellebuyck is type of guy smart people bet on versus a Hammond type.

Hellebuyck compares for Saros's status as an elite prospect.

Hammond compared to Saros's early and unsustainable hot streak when entering the league.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Trouba, Petan and 2nd pick for Leddy and Strome from the Isles.

If not Leddy, Hamonic.

Why are you including Petan and the 2nd? Don't want Strome.

Trouba for Leddy is fair value.

Trouba doesn't fit the Isles though, with Boychuk and Hamonic there.

The only thing that would work is Trouba for Hamonic. Isles have to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad