Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Would have been down for a Hutch/Pavs for Halak swap. Hell, I bet Calgary would be down for a Hutch/Elliot trade. They save some money and roll with Johnson. These would have been more inspiring moves than recalling Pavs.

Also, if we trade Trouba we may have one of the worst D groups in the league. We can't afford to lose him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Would have been down for a Hutch/Pavs for Halak swap. Hell, I bet Calgary would be down for a Hutch/Elliot trade. They save some money and roll with Johnson. These would have been more inspiring moves than recalling Pavs.

Also, if we trade Trouba we may have one of the worst D groups in the league. We can't afford to lose him.

That all depends on what comes back. We can't afford to lose him for nothing - or for wingers.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Odds that wheeler is traded by season's end? He is my pick for player traded this year. I am saying 50/50 odds

Could get us blue chip dman from Philly.

Wheeler is so attractive due to cap hit for team looking to make run next few years.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Odds that wheeler is traded by season's end? He is my pick for player traded this year. I am saying 50/50 odds

Wheeler is so attractive due to cap hit for team looking to make run next few years.

Only way Wheeler is traded this season is if he asks for a trade, and I don't see that happening.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

It would be painful, but the Jets could get a lot for him. Maybe something like
to Islanders Wheeler + Enstrom (or Myers) for Leddy + De Haan + Barzal +Strome/pick.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Can't see the Jets even considering trading Wheeler. Little maybe. Enstrom maybe. Perreault sure. Buff doubtful.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Can't see the Jets even considering trading Wheeler. Little maybe. Enstrom maybe. Perreault sure. Buff doubtful.

Buff and Enstrom have NMC for the next couple of seasons. I don't see them going anywhere, unless Toby wants a change of scenery.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
As a random aside, boy Jets did well losing Bogosian. Guy's career has just been tanking:
C2bmgTTWEAIxzG5.jpg

(Note: Treat XPM as a super Corsi. It is not a WAR that describes all of a player's impact, but it does describe a major component of WAR. The largest thing missing from XPM is a player's individual scoring, but there are other things missing too like penalty differential, shot production, etc.)

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
As a random aside, boy Jets did well losing Bogosian. Guy's career has just been tanking:
C2bmgTTWEAIxzG5.jpg

(Note: Treat XPM as a super Corsi. It is not a WAR that describes all of a player's impact, but it does describe a major component of WAR. The largest thing missing from XPM is a player's individual scoring, but there are other things missing too like penalty differential, shot production, etc.)

Is that table suggesting that Risto is really bad defensively?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's suggesting his defensive impact creates a lot of opportunities for the opposition to score, yes.

That reminds me. I like Trouba. He's good. Too bad he wants to play somewhere else. That makes me sad.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
It's suggesting his defensive impact creates a lot of opportunities for the opposition to score, yes.

I saw some sort of scatter graph (highlighting Sabres logos) recently (DTM?) on Twitter that appeared to suggest Bogo-Risto might be their best pairing??

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Arizona is loaded at LW. Cant see them trading OEL and not getting a top line centre back.

Trouba/Little

Not going to happen, but I find the fate of Little to be fascinating for this franchise. Based on how things are currently going for the team, I expect him to be traded this summer.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
How much are you adding to Trouba to make this happen?

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to!

Trouba/Little

Not going to happen, but I find the fate of Little to be fascinating for this franchise. Based on how things are currently going for the team, I expect him to be traded this summer.

Interesting. I'd like to see what analytics Garret has on Little. I've always perceived him as one of the most valuable players to this team's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad