Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm with you PS. I think we'll do good.

This teams adv numbers were not terrible, and I actually expect them to be better (unless horrendous management decisions are made)

I think we also need to avoid bad coaching decisions....

Thorbs, Stuart, etc...

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Looking at that layout of the roster gets you thinking.. in a few years if those boys all hit there stride like they should how are we going to pay them all? I guess that's tomorrow's problem but has to be taken into account.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Looking at that layout of the roster gets you thinking.. in a few years if those boys all hit there stride like they should how are we going to pay them all? I guess that's tomorrow's problem but has to be taken into account.

Well the cap will rise which will help.
There's also only so many goals to go around, and scoring drives contracts.
And lastly, you continue to bring in a crop of young players and trade older players to teams needing depth to help you afford the aging core.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I really think the jets need to go hard after a solid LHD prospect or 1st year pro.Haydn Fleury comes to mind or Travis Sanheim I wonder what it would take to acquire either of these guys? 22nd overall + Dano and maybe a cap dump from philly.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Somewhere, Evander Kane is praying he's left exposed for the expansion draft...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Somewhere, Evander Kane is praying he's left exposed for the expansion draft...

Considering he will be a UFA the summer following Vegas' first season he will soon have the opportunity to pursue that dream...Assuming they want him.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I really think the jets need to go hard after a solid LHD prospect or 1st year pro.Haydn Fleury comes to mind or Travis Sanheim I wonder what it would take to acquire either of these guys? 22nd overall + Dano and maybe a cap dump from philly.

Avoid Haydn Fleury. Giy has bust written all over him. If he becomes more than 5-6 guy id be shocked. Yet another reach due purely to size and skating.

snake schneibler

May 4, 2016
I wonder...if Myers comes back looking good and Dano/Armia do the same, what could we get in a expansion exempt LHD for Myers and one of Dano or Armia.
That way we could go 7-3-1, and don't leave much for Vegas. Any suggestions on What kind of LHD that could return?

northendninja

Feb 25, 2016
based on the Mckenzie tweets.. if the jets really favor Puljujarvi over Laine, and Columbus is interested to move up, I think there is a deal to be made.

To Columbus
2nd overall
Jack Roslovic (hometown boy - centre, 1st round talent)

To Winnipeg
3rd overall
zach werenski (Left shooting D)
Hartnell (they are keen on moving his contract, value there for columbus)

thoughts?

Nationals28

Sep 21, 2011
I wonder...if Myers comes back looking good and Dano/Armia do the same, what could we get in a expansion exempt LHD for Myers and one of Dano or Armia.
That way we could go 7-3-1, and don't leave much for Vegas. Any suggestions on What kind of LHD that could return?

I was thinking the same thing, Philly looked like a good trade partner in this situation we send Myers/Dano/Armia to them and take back one of there young LHD like Provorov or Sanheim maybe Morin but I don't know much about him.

To Philly
Myers
Armia

To Jets
Provorov
Streit/Macdonald (Some salary retained by flyers)
2nd round pick or maybe a swap of picks 18 and 22

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
based on the Mckenzie tweets.. if the jets really favor Puljujarvi over Laine, and Columbus is interested to move up, I think there is a deal to be made.

To Columbus
2nd overall

To Winnipeg
3rd overall

thoughts?

So Columbus gets the best player (Laine) we exchange prospects (relatively even slight plus to Werenski) plus we take on a cap dump that has a NMC?

How is this good for the Jets?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Exempt D are going to be unproven prospects for the most part. Here's the sort of LD that would be exempt: Sanheim (PHI), Provorov (PHI), Chabot (OTT), Skjei (? NYR), Matheson (? FLA), Nurse (? EDM), Werenski (CBJ), Carlsson (CBJ), Hanifin (CAR), Fleury (CAR), Kylington (CAL), Zboril (BOS), Larsson (ANA), Theodore (ANA). I think those guys are exempt, anyway.

Add the top LD from this year's draft (Juolevi, Sergachyov, Chychrun, Bean, McAvoy)

Ideally a potential trade partner will have room to protect Myers and Dano or Armia (or those will be an upgrade on guys they were going to protect). With that in mind, Philly and Carolina seems like the best candidates...

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

To Columbus
2nd overall

To Winnipeg
3rd overall

thoughts?

Why are we doing Columbus favours? Do they have compromising pictures of Chevy? :D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So Columbus gets the best player (Laine) we exchange prospects (relatively even slight plus to Werenski) plus we take on a cap dump that has a NMC?

How is this good for the Jets?

IMO the gulf between the proposed 2015 prospects in this trade is huge. Werenski is really good and would easily be the best defender in the draft this year. He is as blue chip as a non #1 overall gets.

2016 2OA
Roslovic

for

2016 3OA
Werenski

tempting.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMO the gulf between the proposed 2015 prospects in this trade is huge. Werenski is really good and would easily be the best defender in the draft this year. He is as blue chip as a non #1 overall gets.

2016 2OA
Roslovic

for

2016 3OA
Werenski

tempting.

But where's the premium for taking the Hartnell cap dump. Your proposal is better than the original one

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

2016 2OA
Roslovic

for

2016 3OA
Werenski

tempting.

That's very interesting offer, heck if we could fit it in the cap I would take on Hartnell to make it work.

Depends entirely on how the two GM's view the two Finns. I'm still not sold on the Jets 100% selecting Laine. But either one will be good

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
But where's the premium for taking the Hartnell cap dump. Your proposal is better than the original one

Hartnell had 49 points in 79 games last year, 60 in 78 the year before. Sure he's 34, but he's still a contributing top 6 NHL player

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

To Columbus
2nd overall

To Winnipeg
3rd overall

thoughts?

I would push for a small sweetener but I likely would do it assuming we can fit Hartnell contract into cap over the next 3 years. Hartnell is still a productive player and I love his grit.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Tyler Myers is a good - not great, 2nd pair RHD, still only 26 years old and on a good contract. Outside of Winnipeg right shot D are much more rare than left shot D. RHD bring a bit of a premium for that reason.

If we could find a trade partner with the opposite imbalance to ours we should be able to make a straight up deal for a similar level of LHD. Detroit is in that position.

Brendan Smith is a little below Myers but he is only 1 year from UFA. Detroit would have to add significantly.

Danny DeKeyser is a closer match. He is currently an unsigned RFA so a less attractive contract position. I'm pretty sure Detroit fans would insist that DDK is significantly better than Myers and therefore we should add. The figures do not bear that out however.

5AN1pd7.jpg
[/IMG]

Contract status considered I would say that Detroit should add a bit. I'm not sure that correcting the L/R balance would be enough incentive for Detroit to do this but add in the relative contract status and they should do this straight up. Don't think they would but they should.

Anaheim is another team with a lot of LHD. The Ducks don't care much about cap. It is actual $$$ they are most concerned with. That should make Myers' contract all the more attractive to them. Cam Fowler is the most likely fit.

Wn0EcLv.jpg
[/IMG]

Once again the numbers seem to favour Myers but widely held perception says that the Jets should add. Anaheim would need some incentive beyond L/R balance to get them interested in this. IDK if the $$$ saving from Myers' contract would do it or not. I suspect not but that is based on fan reaction not real GM reaction.

IMO those are comparable players we should be able to get for Myers without throwing in Dano or Armia. None of them are expansion exempt though. I would prefer to get an exempt younger player or prospect. The purpose of that is to be able to protect Dano and Armia so it doesn't make sense to include them in the deal.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hartnell had 49 points in 79 games last year, 60 in 78 the year before. Sure he's 34, but he's still a contributing top 6 NHL player

He has a NMC which means we have to expose a younger forward in expansion. we're helping Columbus out of a problem they have. IMO the Jets don't take that on without a premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad