Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Are the Hawks allowed by law to send brown paper envelopes filled with coloured paper to help TNSE with the retained?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Here's the thing about Chicago. They have Panarin signed to a $812.5k cap hit. He has however already earned his $225k roster bonuses and it would be almost impossible for him not to earn the max schedule A bonuses of $850k. If he finishes the year top ten in points (he's currently 7th) he will earn another $1.725M in bonus. (There are other ways he could earn that bonus as well.)TT is still on an ELC as well and could earn bonus money. It seems likely the Hawks will carry a huge bonus overage next year on a flat or falling cap number. This season may really be their last kick at the cat for a couple years. They may have to go all in. That's why Ladd to Chicago makes sense for them. If you're gonna go all in.....go big.

That would also be why they might consider Shaw as part of the return. He is an RFA getting 2 mil and will need at least a small raise.

Edit: Scuderi cleared. They are up to 3 mil cap space today.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
We have a premium rental piece here. Lets make sure we fix a problem when we move him. No B or C level prospects who probably never really make it in the NHL. No prospects who cover a position we already have well covered. It is not written in stone that it must be a 1st and a prospect, especially if that prospect is just going to improve the Moose.

Target an A level LHD prospect. If that is too much do 1 for 1, give up the pick. Still too much? Shouldn't be but OK. If it is, add something if necessary. Get a good player who is going to help us win a cup some day.

Don't aim for scraps.

Yup. Totally agree with this. Someone will want him come dad line day...if not Chicago then someone else. We should be able to get a great prospect and a first from someone come deadline day considering the amount of teams that will want/need him.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
At this point don't know who Ladd is traded to if he is traded but agree would rather see an area of need come back and hell no to scraps but if he is traded for a first and a prospect wouldn't it be wonderful if it was to a team that is maybe just barely in the playoffs or a few points out and after the trade that team plummets and that first turns out to be a pretty good pick so in addition to our own pretty high pick we get another.....wishful thinking but in this dreadful season wishful thinking is all we have.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Any interest in Yakupov if the price is low?

Probably a stretch that Edmonton moves him within the conference but since PM has coached in Russia, maybe he could help Yak?

Burmistrov + ?

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011

Probably a stretch that Edmonton moves him within the conference but since PM has coached in Russia, maybe he could help Yak?

Burmistrov + ?

Burmi + a 3rd for Yakupov. Otherwise I have no interest in Yakupov.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
No Yakupov please.

For the offseason: Does anybody else think we should target one of Edmonton's centers that they want to trade for defence (RNH Draisatl)

I think we absolutely need a offensively talented center to really compete. I like Little and Scheifele, but in my idealized world you have

Ehlers XXXX Little
Connor Scheif Wheeler

as your top 6. If Draisatl or RNH were on the table for Trouba, I would think long and hard about that....

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
No Yakupov please.

For the offseason: Does anybody else think we should target one of Edmonton's centers that they want to trade for defence (RNH Draisatl)

I think we absolutely need a offensively talented center to really compete. I like Little and Scheifele, but in my idealized world you have

Ehlers XXXX Little
Connor Scheif Wheeler

as your top 6. If Draisatl or RNH were on the table for Trouba, I would think long and hard about that....

well hopefully the way this season is going, we keep Trouba and that XXXX is Matthews.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
No Yakupov please.

Ehlers XXXX Little
Connor Scheif Wheeler

I doubt they move Draisaitl. I'd think he's nearly untouchable.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No Yakupov please.

Ehlers XXXX Little
Connor Scheif Wheeler

Wouldn't do it for RNH but might for Drai.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Holy crap, that's horrific! :laugh:

So, they spend a part of the article blowing up Seidenberg in comparison to Trouba, then offer Seidenberg, a prospect, and a 2nd for Trouba, so that we can shore up our prospects with some younger players?

How about we just keep our younger player - y'know, that Trouba guy? They also ignore the fact that they think the Jets are going to be in cap trouble trying to sign Trouba (+ some other RFAs), then proceed to give us a HIGHER cap hit. Seidenberg is also 34 freakin' years old. He'd be the oldest Jet BY FAR.

:shakehead

Terrible, terrible, terrible article.

I just want to say I'm sorry about that, what a awful offer for Trouba :laugh:

I'm sure he is Sweeneys dream target but definitely not expecting him to get traded to Boston, but I would offer a ton for him.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Drai is a talent but I don't think he's going to end up miles better than Trouba.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I like the idea of adding a center for Trouba if we don't win the lottery. But honestly, its a tough spot because I don't think RNH is going to end up much better then Scheifele. Could be pretty close. And right now, IMO Little is better then RNH, although RNH "should" be better then Little eventually. Trouba is just a bit too much to give up for not much of an upgrade IMO.

But for fun, if we get Matthews

Ehlers- Scheifele- Wheeler
Perreault- Matthews- Little
Stafford- Lowry- Armia/ Petan

And if we get 2/3 and just for fun say did Trouba for RNH (which I would not do)

Ehlers- RNH- Wheeler
Perreault- Scheifele- Little
Stafford- Lowry- Puljujärvi/ Laine

Not bad at all, even without adding RNH/ or a center it is still promising for the future.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Burmistrov + ?

Eh. Yakupov doesn't really interest me. His value is pretty low as of right now. I'd do Burmi for Yak straight up, but that's it.

As for the rest of the Oilers, I build around a forward core of McDavid, Hall, Drai, and Eberle. I trade Yakupov and RNH for depth and D, sign some more depth players in the off-season, and go from there.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I like the idea of adding a center for Trouba if we don't win the lottery. But honestly, its a tough spot because I don't think RNH is going to end up much better then Scheifele. Could be pretty close. And right now, IMO Little is better then RNH, although RNH "should" be better then Little eventually. Trouba is just a bit too much to give up for not much of an upgrade IMO.

And if we get 2/3 and just for fun say did Trouba for RNH (which I would not do)

Ehlers- RNH- Wheeler

Not bad at all, even without adding RNH/ or a center it is still promising for the future.

I don't now about anyone else....but I'm getting tired of being promising for the future.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Burmistrov + ?

Get rid of the "+" besides Burmistrov and we have a deal, no question.

Burmistrov - 249-28-41-69 ( 24 years old 16/17 - $1.6MM )
Yakupov - 228-46-56-102 (22 years old 16/17 - $2.5MM)

IMO this is the last season you will see Burmistrov with the Jets. He came back, they tried it for a year. Not saying Yakupov would work out better, but the potential is still there and for $900,000 more per season, I would take a chance on that one season to see if you can make him into a player. If it doesn't work out with Yak, so be it, but it would still be worth it to try, if the cost was just Burmi.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Ehlers- RNH- Wheeler

1,2,3 C all same age haha. Wonder how often in NHL history that would have ever happened. :laugh:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Edmonton winning the lottery does create some interesting trade options for them with McDavid, Matthews, RNH, and Draisaitl. I don't think they're going to get value for RNH, but the others are interesting.

I wonder if they'd opt to trade Matthews in that position, not wanting to pay two superstars in 3 years. If we picked in the 4th slot, would Trouba be enough to switch spots? Plus Petan?

I'd certainly consider Trouba straight up for Drai, though I worry that he may be a product of Hall right now.

I think we have to find that #1a centre to Scheifele at 1b. Little will probably be gone after next season.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Edmonton winning the lottery does create some interesting trade options for them with McDavid, Matthews, RNH, and Draisaitl. I don't think they're going to get value for RNH, but the others are interesting.

I wonder if they'd opt to trade Matthews in that position, not wanting to pay two superstars in 3 years. If we picked in the 4th slot, would Trouba be enough to switch spots? Plus Petan?

I'd certainly consider Trouba straight up for Drai, though I worry that he may be a product of Hall right now.

I think we have to find that #1a centre to Scheifele at 1b. Little will probably be gone after next season.

Because Chevy is such an active trader, right?

If we were to get an upgrade at 1C Little likely moves to RW. He might be traded if the right deal came along but I don't see it as being the most likely scenario.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Get rid of the "+" besides Burmistrov and we have a deal, no question.

Burmistrov - 249-28-41-69 ( 24 years old 16/17 - $1.6MM )
Yakupov - 228-46-56-102 (22 years old 16/17 - $2.5MM)

IMO this is the last season you will see Burmistrov with the Jets. He came back, they tried it for a year. Not saying Yakupov would work out better, but the potential is still there and for $900,000 more per season, I would take a chance on that one season to see if you can make him into a player. If it doesn't work out with Yak, so be it, but it would still be worth it to try, if the cost was just Burmi.

Burmi traded at the TD - yes please.
Other than Ladd, wouldn't mind seeing Stafford dealt, Pavs/Thorburn/Peluso we could be so lucky, Hutch would be nice, Stu - injured so no chance :(

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Burmi traded at the TD - yes please.
Other than Ladd, wouldn't mind seeing Stafford dealt, Pavs/Thorburn/Peluso we could be so lucky, Hutch would be nice, Stu - injured so no chance :(

Whoa, slow down...breathe!
Might be easier next time to just list who you want to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad