Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Their prospects are ok, not really super exciting, especially if your looking for a LHD. Which I really thought we were. Also there first is basically a bad loto ticket and more of a second rounder.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
They have 2 mil cap space as of today. That would be enough. If the offer is good retain a little salary to get it done earlier. Avoid the risk of him getting hurt. Either that or consign him to the PB until a deal gets done.

They need 2.2 to take him at 50%. They have 2.0 now and will have 2.6 at the deadline. That will change if Scuderi is claimed or sent down.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Their prospects are ok, not really super exciting, especially if your looking for a LHD. Which I really thought we were. Also there first is basically a bad loto ticket and more of a second rounder.

They don't have super exciting prospects, but I don't think teams will give up those high end prospects anyways for Ladd. 1st+B prospect probably. Also teams that have some reservations about actually contending for a cup this season probably aren't offering up their 1st for a rental either.

Just my speculation anyways but Chicago will probably have a competitive offer for Ladd in comparison to other teams offering. If they have the best bid will remain to be seen.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
They need 2.2 to take him at 50%. They have 2.0 now and will have 2.6 at the deadline. That will change if Scuderi is claimed or sent down.

Salary is prorated based on games remaining. Only about 1.45m for Ladd today, 725k if 50% retained.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Salary is prorated based on games remaining. Only about 1.45m for Ladd today, 725k if 50% retained.

Numbers on generalfanager are annualized for ease of use. So the actual number is much lower.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Hope we can get a pick from a bubble team not a team like the Hawks that are almost a lock for a deep run

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Hope we can get a pick from a bubble team not a team like the Hawks that are almost a lock for a deep run

Problem is a bubble team like Florida is unlikely to give us their first rounder. Chicago likely would.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

More thanhalf the season is gone. They only need to take on the remainder of his cap at 100%. Roughly 2 mil.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Today would be a great day for a trade. All doubt about if we should be a seller or not has now evaporated. The TD push usually gets rolling just about now. Com'n Chevy lets get the party started :nod:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Today would be a great day for a trade. All doubt about if we should be a seller or not has now evaporated. The TD push usually gets rolling just about now. Com'n Chevy lets get the party started :nod:

Still believe there is a chance we are going to hear about Ladd signing a new contract within the next 13 days.

As long as we don't hear something like: "As February 29th approaches, I am stating today that Andrew Ladd will not be traded before the NHL's trade deadline. I have said repeatedly that it is our hope to reach an agreement with Andrew on a new contract at some point, and with a number of games remaining in the season, our entire organization wants to focus on making the playoffs." <--- This would get Chevy run out of town.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Last year the ball didn't get rolling until 6 days before the deadline with 2 trades on Feb 24, 3 on the 25th and 4 on the 26th. (Deadline was Mar 2)

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think we should get rid of Stafford now too, while the getting (draft picks) is good.

I really like Stafford, but it would seems reasonable to move him. I know fans wouldn't be happy but I'd even consider moving Perreault and Little for the right price, although they would be more likely to be off season moves.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

At this point, cap considerations will come into play - teams will likely hold off until next week at least to get a bit more cap room to deal with. Sellers will probably ask for a bit more today to retain salary - buyers are content to wait for another week so they don't have to give up more to reduce the cap hit.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
See post 63. :)

:yo:

General fanager and cap geek before them do a lot of work in this area. They need to know all 30 teams roster and cap hit for each and every single day. They need to know bonus terms and get bonus overages exactly right.

They've really made it easy for us. I have no doubt there's the odd mistake here and there but they are 99% spot on especially for the cap teams which is really important. For teams like the Jets it's less important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad