Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Stuart

for

Tarasenko

Blues finally get some grit in their lineup and the Jets take on the enigmatic Russian risk.

Win-win.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Trade our 21 year old top pairing D so we can sign our captain who is showing signs of being on the decline when we aren't a playoff team.

Hmm..

Yeah, I'm so glad that mainstream media is so on top of these things. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Statistically someone already showed Ladd to have 2nd line possession numbers in a different thread and 1st line possession numbers in previous years. Regardless how you feel about Ladd his numbers prove him to be a 1st to 2nd line forward even today.
So if you think because he's playing like a bum and sucks you're WRONG.
I know you're wrong because statistics say you're WRONG.
That being said, he may never be the player he was in previous years and now would be the best time to trade him, while the value is high.
Regardless if Ladd is traded or signed I would trade Trouba to get Hamonic in a heart beat. Heck trade Ladd and Trouba, how's that for cost certainty. I won't argue Trouba isn't a highly skilled defenseman. Trouba does have high end talent. I argue he lacks the integrity or character to continue to be in his mid to late 20's. Trade Trouba, get Hamonic call it cost certainty if you want but in 5 to 6 years we could be thrilled that we did. Trade Ladd and get a late 1st round and a prospect ?

Did I say get rid of both ?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I hope we can find a way to land hamonic while holding on to trouba.

He has too much upside still in my mind.

Hamonic would certainly be worth a package involving Myers and is still feel that's the most fair deal given their contracts, ages, and league status as "top 4 d men"

And I like Myers a lot (his passing skills though, leave a lot to be desired...) but his wingspan is very advantageous.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Statistically someone already showed Ladd to have 2nd line possession numbers in a different thread and 1st line possession numbers in previous years. Regardless how you feel about Ladd his numbers prove him to be a 1st to 2nd line forward even today.
So if you think because he's playing like a bum and sucks you're WRONG.
I know you're wrong because statistics say you're WRONG.
That being said, he may never be the player he was in previous years and now would be the best time to trade him, while the value is high.
Regardless if Ladd is traded or signed I would trade Trouba to get Hamonic in a heart beat. Heck trade Ladd and Trouba, how's that for cost certainty. I won't argue Trouba isn't a highly skilled defenseman. Trouba does have high end talent. I argue he lacks the integrity or character to continue to be in his mid to late 20's. Trade Trouba, get Hamonic call it cost certainty if you want but in 5 to 6 years we could be thrilled that we did. Trade Ladd and get a late 1st round and a prospect ?

Did I say get rid of both ?

Trading Trouba for Hamonic would be incredibly silly. At 21, Trouba is already a better player then Hamonic is...and he hasn't even hit his prime years yet.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Trouba talk is non sense. It does scare me that there is smoke in many different media sources but I just don't see it. Enstrom won't be here forever and he is a more likely trade target than Trouba IMO. I'd prefer they move Myers for some help but I get the feeling the Jets will not move him. So then why not run with this as your top four after next year, assuming Enstrom is moved next summer?
Trouba Buff
Morrissey Myers

edit: I still think you can land Hamonic for Enstrom plus a prospect of some type, maybe Harkins or Spacek. Enstrom still has 4 good years left in him at least, and let NYI pick a combined prospect with a pick and we are set on D.

Trouba Buff
Morrissey Hamonic
Chych Myers ;)

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I should add using a first acquired in a Ladd trade could also help you land hamonic. Could essentially become Ladd for hamonic plus whatever you add or get.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Trouba talk is non sense. It does scare me that there is smoke in many different media sources but I just don't see it. Enstrom won't be here forever and he is a more likely trade target than Trouba IMO. I'd prefer they move Myers for some help but I get the feeling the Jets will not move him. So then why not run with this as your top four after next year, assuming Enstrom is moved next summer?
Trouba Buff
Morrissey Myers

edit: I still think you can land Hamonic for Enstrom plus a prospect of some type, maybe Harkins or Spacek. Enstrom still has 4 good years left in him at least, and let NYI pick a combined prospect with a pick and we are set on D.

Trouba Buff
Morrissey Hamonic
Chych Myers ;)

What a beautiful d corps. Wow.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Holy crap, that's horrific! :laugh:

Trouba for Seidenberg, Khoklachev and a 2nd suddenly looks a very good one to a) free up salary and b) convince the Jets their needs are being filled. It also gives the Jets a younger few players to shore up their prospects and develop.

So, they spend a part of the article blowing up Seidenberg in comparison to Trouba, then offer Seidenberg, a prospect, and a 2nd for Trouba, so that we can shore up our prospects with some younger players?

How about we just keep our younger player - y'know, that Trouba guy? They also ignore the fact that they think the Jets are going to be in cap trouble trying to sign Trouba (+ some other RFAs), then proceed to give us a HIGHER cap hit. Seidenberg is also 34 freakin' years old. He'd be the oldest Jet BY FAR.

:shakehead

Terrible, terrible, terrible article.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

What a terrible article. The analysis was fine, but the author decided to go into full hf mode and only see a trade from his (Bruins) side and completely shafts the Jets. What a terrible offer. Have to lol that he thinks the Jets #1 concern is wingers.

One of the big problems with the net, is that any moron can (and do) write garbage opinion pieces and others somehow give them weight. And then you have 3 or 4 nonsense articles that reference each other, and somehow they believe this is proof of "rumors" or something happening.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
What a terrible article. The analysis was fine, but the author decided to go into full hf mode and only see a trade from his (Bruins) side and completely shafts the Jets. What a terrible offer. Have to lol that he thinks the Jets #1 concern is wingers.

One of the big problems with the net, is that any moron can (and do) write garbage opinion pieces and others somehow give them weight. And then you have 3 or 4 nonsense articles that reference each other, and somehow they believe this is proof of "rumors" or something happening.

Or you hear the infamous "where there's smoke, there's fire". No, there's just some terrible speculation taking place, with confirmation bias.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
The simple fact is...the Jets are bad. They're pretty much in rebuild mode and ripe for the picking here. If the Bruins aggressively pursue Trouba, the resolve could weaken, particularly if the Jets are given resources in return.

Swell logic..If Trouba was over 30 and not the perfect age to fit into a rebuild like he is.

However, the Bruins should be looking to drop Seidenberg into a deal here at every opportunity, particularly with a Winnipeg team who are looking for both veteran help and have the cap room to facilitate it.

We really need to drop this aging vet! Winnipeg has cap space they should give us a young stud defender for our old vet who doesn't fit into their expected window for competing. It makes sense trust us!

So much wrong with this article. :laugh:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
What is the ever lasting fascination with Hamonic? 2 concussions, Snow wants a mint...and RD.
This has been offered to Chevy for a year now, and has gone nowhere...now Buff is signed...so unless Hamonic rides in on a magical unicorn with rainbows and sparkles shooting out it's ass that guarantees no goals will be scored so long as Prince Hambone is on the ice...I seriously doubt that will ever happen.
The fork was in this the moment Buff signed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad