Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Maybe Erickson and Zboril (or Morrow) for Byfuglien.

Yep that's the deal I'd like to see as well. Not sure we'd really have need for Erickson after this season, but a year to see & a good defense prospect would be a heck of a lot more than we'll get if they don't decide what to do with Buff soon

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not sure which thread to put this in but there are some significant changes to the Jets scouting staff

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets Mark Hillier becomes Dir of A. Scouting. Marcel Comeau remains as amateur scout (more time w family).

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets name Kjell Dahlin, European Amtr scout, Jari Grönstrand, European professional scout and Mark White as a college FA scout.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=777945

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Not sure which thread to put this in but there are some significant changes to the Jets scouting staff

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets Mark Hillier becomes Dir of A. Scouting. Marcel Comeau remains as amateur scout (more time w family).

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets name Kjell Dahlin, European Amtr scout, Jari Grönstrand, European professional scout and Mark White as a college FA scout.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=777945

Maybe we'll pick more Swedes in the draft now.

Our Swede numbers are too low. Right Romang? :naughty:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yep that's the deal I'd like to see as well. Not sure we'd really have need for Erickson after this season, but a year to see & a good defense prospect would be a heck of a lot more than we'll get if they don't decide what to do with Buff soon

I think thats a reasonable scenario. I didn't check but I think Ericksson is UFA after this season too. They are obviously on Zboril though..............they might be looking at him as untouchable.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think thats a reasonable scenario. I didn't check but I think Ericksson is UFA after this season too. They are obviously on Zboril though..............they might be looking at him as untouchable.

Don't think we'd get Zboril in a Buff deal, either.

Eriksson+Carlo (or Morrow)+2016 1st maybe. I would not want that 1st lottery protected either.

Edit: garret won't like that deal (Carlo). :D

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Don't think we'd get Zboril in a Buff deal, either.

Eriksson+Carlo (or Morrow)+2016 1st maybe. I would not want that 1st lottery protected either.

Edit: garret won't like that deal (Carlo). :D

Carlo isn't a bad prospect, just wasn't a 1st round quality prospect like some were thinking :P

Last edited:

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Carlo isn't a bad prospect, just wasn't a 1st round quality prospect like some were thinking :P

Fair enough.

I don't mind an Eriksson+Carlo+2016 1st Rd for Buff. May need to add a little, say Harrison or Clitsome or Postma, but I think that's a deal that may help both teams. Boston replaces Hamilton with Buff. We gain a useful vet for 1 year (and could move him at TD) and two prospects for a guy that is very difficult to keep based on our cap situation for 2016 and beyond.

Plus, I would first try to sign Eriksson to a two year extension and move Stafford. Even with Armia and Ehlers coming, a quality veteran like Eriksson would be a nice add.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Fair enough.

I don't mind an Eriksson+Carlo+2016 1st Rd for Buff. May need to add a little, say Harrison or Clitsome or Postma, but I think that's a deal that may help both teams. Boston replaces Hamilton with Buff. We gain a useful vet for 1 year (and could move him at TD) and two prospects for a guy that is very difficult to keep based on our cap situation for 2016 and beyond.

Plus, I would first try to sign Eriksson to a two year extension and move Stafford. Even with Armia and Ehlers coming, a quality veteran like Eriksson would be a nice add.

Boy I would love to see this happen. If we start the season with no development on the Buff front, I could actually see something to this effect happening.

If Boston's defence ends up being as inept as some are predicting, wouldn't it be nice to ship Buff & a Harrison/Pardy type player (without Buff I'd probably want to hang onto Postma) and get a return like that back. Heck at that point I'd be happy to get Erickson + Carlo/Morrow + 2016 2nd

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Fair enough.

That would be a very good deal IMO, but I'm not sure the difference between Buff and Eriksson is a 1st and a good prospect. I think Buff is more valuable, but I don't think by that much.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That would be a very good deal IMO, but I'm not sure the difference between Buff and Eriksson is a 1st and a good prospect. I think Buff is more valuable, but I don't think by that much.

Ya, I wouldn't be a fan of that deal. Eriksson is a UFA and I think we can do better. Buff needs an ROR type of deal where the agent can talk to the team in advance so an extension can be signed. This will maximize his value and get us a good roster player that has term left plus a prospect or pick(s).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Ya, I wouldn't be a fan of that deal. Eriksson is a UFA and I think we can do better. Buff needs an ROR type of deal where the agent can talk to the team in advance so an extension can be signed. This will maximize his value and get us a good roster player that has term left plus a prospect or pick(s).

Personally if Buff was to be traded I prefer a more futures oriented deal myself (or at least with the return of a player that's not going to become a UFA).

But with salary likely needing to come back our way, getting a now piece and a nice futures piece isn't terrible either (depending on how good the futures piece is).

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Thoughts on this Raffl fellow?

This is Thomas Raffl who signed the PTO, not Michael Raffl (of the Flyers).

29, 6'4", 215 lbs, was 3rd in scoring in the Austrian league last year. 1st in scoring on his team (Salzberg) who won the championship. Would be a real surprise to make the Jets. The Moose maybe...

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
This is Thomas Raffl who signed the PTO, not Michael Raffl (of the Flyers).

29, 6'4", 215 lbs, was 3rd in scoring in the Austrian league last year. 1st in scoring on his team (Salzberg) who won the championship. Would be a real surprise to make the Jets. The Moose maybe...

Honestly, I'm surprised he's even risking this.

Europe, especially a captain > AHL
at least in terms of $, job security (ie ability to get LT contracts), and plus other bonuses.

I mean, he could go back to Austria if he doesn't make Jets, but I believe (IIRC) the season will have started for them already.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I know the other deal is unrealistic but why Seimens. He is a bust of a first rounder that hasn't done anything yet.

Just Draisaitl would do. ;) He might be a little but out of reach, but...

Expecting a good prospect in return for arguably the Jets' best player isn't that unrealistic.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Expecting a good prospect in return for arguably the Jets' best player isn't that unrealistic.

A potential 1C with size would be a good return. So would a potential 1LD. There are a couple of teams who have those.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I know the other deal is unrealistic but why Seimens. He is a bust of a first rounder that hasn't done anything yet.

I know, I'm suggesting what realistic value might be. You cant get elite young talent without offering the same.....unless of course there is either damaged goods involved, or George McPhee.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

I'd do LD for Buff but I'm certain Edm wouldn't.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I know, I'm suggesting what realistic value might be. You cant get elite young talent without offering the same.....unless of course there is either damaged goods involved, or George McPhee.

Siemens for Buff isn't realistic value in my opinion,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad