Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Oilers need D. He'd be loved there.

...and this center stack isn't practical...
McDavid
RNH
Draisaitl

That trade is my happy place until it doesn't happen.

That's an ideal solution to our RHD abundance. But if they won't take Buff, would you move Myers instead, with the Jets extending Buff?

folix

Jul 24, 2011
A few times of thought of a Drai for Buff trade. But I think Oiler fans would consider adding a 1st as way too much. And you can't really blame since their first is usually the lottery pick or at least a top 5. If we started with Drai for an unsigned Buff is that fair? If not what is a fair add? At minimum I'd think the Oilers would want lottery or even top 5 protection on the pick...also some sort of hedge on Buff not extending with them.

My guess would be a conditional draft pick that hinged on the Oilers ability to resign him, but more then likely if the trade was agreed on their GM would be speaking with Buff's agent long before the deal became sanctioned. They would more then likely have a deal all worked out before he even got on a plane to go there.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
A few times of thought of a Drai for Buff trade. But I think Oiler fans would consider adding a 1st as way too much. And you can't really blame since their first is usually the lottery pick or at least a top 5. If we started with Drai for an unsigned Buff is that fair? If not what is a fair add? At minimum I'd think the Oilers would want lottery or even top 5 protection on the pick...also some sort of hedge on Buff not extending with them.

I think Drai for Buff is pie in the sky. Buff is essentially a rental and expensive. Draisaitl was 3rd OA and still on his ELC. They are going to want something with a little more shelf life.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014
Is N_H available from the Oilers?

Doubtful, at least not until mcdavid is established in the NHL. Can't see them being interested in moving any young pieces for buff either as he doesn't fit with their window any better than he does with the jets. If they are moving any of their high value pieces it will be for a young dman with upside.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think Drai for Buff is pie in the sky. Buff is essentially a rental and expensive. Draisaitl was 3rd OA and still on his ELC. They are going to want something with a little more shelf life.

Agreed, I don't see us getting Drai or anything as valuable/close to NHL ready. I see a late 1st Rd pick and a prospect (not a 3rd OA either). If Buff is traded I think some might be disappointed with his return if they think he's returning a kings ransom or a 3rd OA pick. For the record I would love Drai for buff, but Oilers would never do it.

With the MG signing with flames, Jets might get Buff at a reasonable rate. Who knows we might sign Buff, play him for a few years then trade him. Chevy if you sign him don't give him a FNMC in his contract.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Wait.....you guys think we could get Draisatl and a first for Buff? Wow.

Here's something a bit more realistic. Buff to COL for Siemens, a 1st and a 3rd.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Just

Just seen on tv while in a bar in regina that we signed leggio. Breaking story's from dirty old regina what's going on with you guys

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Not sure if this has been discussed.

Loui Eriksson to Nashville or Winnipeg. Link doesn't work.

Credibility of the rumor aside, I can see a Eriksson deal be of interest to Jets. Makes sense, Imo. He would replace Frolik with Ladd and Little. Question is price. Would not want to give up a whole lot. Not a 1st. Not a high A prospect either. I'd likely do Burmi and a 2016 4th.

Ladd-Little-Eriksson
Perreault-Scheifele-Wheels
Ehlers-Lowry-Stafford
Thorbs-Copp-Armia

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Taylor Hall is not a guy I want on the Jets at ALL. If he came super cheap, maybe. He is guy that plays the entire game with his head down. It's no coincidence he averages nearly 20 games missed per season. Not too mention he is not a very smart player. Very talented, but not the guy you want leading anyone. That's not even getting into the off-ice stuff. There's a reason he's "led" the team to the bottom of the standings for 5 straight years.

Well I'll give you this, when you hate a player, you really commit to it :laugh:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Why Siemens?

He's not a particularly good prospect at this point, I'm just suggesting that this is the type of prospect/young player that teams will move. Not freakin Leon Draisaitl, or Taylor Hall or RNH or........lets see......How about Aaron Ekblad, ya Buff and Thorburn for Eckblad..........or maybe Thorburn, Peluso and a 2nd for Jack Eichel? Ya that sounds good ;)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He's not a particularly good prospect at this point, I'm just suggesting that this is the type of prospect/young player that teams will move. Not freakin Leon Draisaitl, or Taylor Hall or RNH or........lets see......How about Aaron Ekblad, ya Buff and Thorburn for Eckblad..........or maybe Thorburn, Peluso and a 2nd for Jack Eichel? Ya that sounds good ;)

Gotta give to get.

Multiple 1st round picks from the 2011, 2012 and 2013 draft have already been traded.

Lemieux was a 14 pick. He was moved.

I don't think it is likely that we see one of Nuge or Hall moved, but I could see Drai moving for the right return.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think there is a text limit in these boxes.

Let's just agree to disagree :D

Condescending doesn't work but whatever. We'll see how far the Oilers get relying on a guy will continue to get hurt due to his "playstyle" (head down) and off-ice issues. Not too mention purely scoring wingers don't build teams (just ask Toronto).

McDavid might help change that. But until Hall smartens up on and off the ice (doubtful) he is not a guy teams should be targeting massively. Like Kessel or E. Kane, complementary pieces, albeit incredibly talented ones.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Credibility of the rumor aside, I can see a Eriksson deal be of interest to Jets. Makes sense, Imo. He would replace Frolik with Ladd and Little. Question is price. Would not want to give up a whole lot. Not a 1st. Not a high A prospect either. I'd likely do Burmi and a 2016 4th.

Ladd-Little-Eriksson
Ehlers-Lowry-Stafford
Thorbs-Copp-Armia

Rather keep Burmi as it would be highly unlikely we re-sign Eriksson in the offseason IMO.

He would be a nice fit though, I just don't see us at the stage next season where we would be adding soon to be UFA's.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010

Ladd-Little-Eriksson
Ehlers-Lowry-Stafford
Thorbs-Copp-Armia

Maybe Erickson and Zboril (or Morrow) for Byfuglien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA