Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
16-17
Ladd(6.5)-Little(4.7)-Wheeler(5.6)
Perreault(3)-Scheifele(3)-Stafford(4)
Ehlers(1.6)-Lowry(2)-Burmistrov(2)
Stempniak(2.5)-Copp(1)-Petan(0.9)
Thorburn(1.2)

Enstrom(5.75)-Myers(5.5)
Byfuglien(7)-Trouba(5)
Chiarot(1)-Postma(0.9)
Stuart(2.6)-Morrissey(1.3)
Pavelec(3.9)-Hutchinson(1.5)

Total: 72.45. Cap might be 72-73.

I've been pretty generous to some players.
If true, we're no longer a budget team.

I like the look of this lineup. Although in 2016, I would hope we could play Ehlers up either with Ladd and Little, or with MP and Scheif and move Stafford to #3RW (and move Burmi to the left as Stafford seemed to struggle on the left). By 2016 we may need to find room for guys like Armia and Kosmo as well.

If Buff can move to the left that looks really good too. I like the idea of having Chariot and Postma on the bottom, but I'd be hoping that by 2016 that Morrissey would be ready for a decent chunk of time as well.

And maybe by 2016 with only 1 year left on his deal, they could finally unload Pavs somewhere and save a few $? :naughty:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
16-17
Ladd(6.5)-Little(4.7)-Wheeler(5.6)
Perreault(3)-Scheifele(3)-Stafford(4)
Ehlers(1.6)-Lowry(2)-Burmistrov(2)
Stempniak(2.5)-Copp(1)-Petan(0.9)
Thorburn(1.2)
Enstrom(5.75)-Myers(5.5)
Byfuglien(7)-Trouba(5)
Chiarot(1)-Postma(0.9)
Stuart(2.6)-Morrissey(1.3)
Pavelec(3.9)-Hutchinson(1.5)
Total: 72.45. Cap might be 72-73.
I've been pretty generous to some players.
If true, we're no longer a budget team.

The only one I say is too high is Ladd. I don't think he makes six, he'll probably settle in around Wheelers number.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Note: it was just for the sake of cap. Haven't put any thought in line combos.

spellchecker45

Oct 3, 2011
Hey all, I was just reading on the score app that the red wings a re looking for a mean blue collar defenseman. I was thinking that mark Stuart is just like that kind of player or if not him theb buff. It sure would be nice if we could get a trade with Detroit going. Although I don't know how likely that would be. I doubt mark Stuart has much trade value to begin with. Maybe if they get phanuff they would look to trade another LHD player. I know this has been talked about before but since Detroit is looking it would be nice to take advantage.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hope we see Chevy do something soon.

I'm glad the season is over now, let's get the off season rolling. Bring on the draft.

Part of me can't wait and the other part of me shudders at what Chevy might do.....

Scary off season, Chevy can really blow this if he does the wrong things.

I'm very concerned......not a lot faith. Make or break off season for Chevy in my eyes.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm glad the season is over now, let's get the off season rolling. Bring on the draft.

Part of me can't wait and the other part of me shudders at what Chevy might do.....

I'm very concerned......not a lot faith. Make or break off season for Chevy in my eyes.

That was very much how I felt last year. Chevy didn't do any of the right things except for signing MP. Despite his failings we did make the playoffs. This year he absolutely must sign Ladd, trade Buff, sign Stemp and let Stafford walk. The only one highly likely is Ladd. He also must sign Burmi and fix the goaltending. Well Burmi is likely. He'll probably get everything else wrong. :sarcasm:

In spite of getting it all wrong we probably take another step forward this year.:)

jetkarma*

That was very much how I felt last year. Chevy didn't do any of the right things except for signing MP. Despite his failings we did make the playoffs. This year he absolutely must sign Ladd, trade Buff, sign Stemp and let Stafford walk. The only one highly likely is Ladd. He also must sign Burmi and fix the goaltending. Well Burmi is likely. He'll probably get everything else wrong. :sarcasm:

In spite of getting it all wrong we probably take another step forward this year.:)

Wow .... a lot of musts ....

Actually like last year and the year before and the year before , I'll let Chevy do what he does soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than what a lot of posters on here say what has to happen .

Surprised there isn't talk of tanking for Matthews already .

jetkarma*

Acctually seeing posts like this just emphasizes the faith in someone that actually is extremely competent.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Acctually seeing posts like this just emphasizes the faith in someone that actually is extremely competent.

Yet to be seen. He's done one move to-date (which was forced) and it's still unclear if we won that trade or even broke even.....will know more this season.

Haven't seen any demonstration of being competent yet in the area of player movement. Drafting sure, player movement not so much yet.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Yup pretty much agree with this post......sadly.

Fingers crossed, toes crossed.......please don't screw this offseason up Chevy. This summer has a Huge impact on the team. :popcorn:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Wow .... a lot of musts ....

Actually like last year and the year before and the year before , I'll let Chevy do what he does soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than what a lot of posters on here say what has to happen .

Surprised there isn't talk of tanking for Matthews already .

Can't wait for the tank thread when/if we hit a big losing streak! ;)

jetkarma*

Can't wait for the tank thread when/if we hit a big losing streak! ;)

I anticipate it , it will be amusing in a sick way to see those that once again espouse a certain and only way to build a team .

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I anticipate it , it will be amusing in a sick way to see those that once again espouse a certain and only way to build a team .

Not sure who really advocated tanking as the only way to build. If I recall it was a very small number on this forum, most advocated what we are trying to do which is a balanced approach.

I even setup a poll on the subject, balanced was the clear favour it.

jetkarma*

Team we bought was too good to truely tank.....it was never an option. :laugh:

Not according to many on here though . Some still believe the future of this team isn't drastically improved from the mess that was Atlanta and the horrid drafting and development model they created .

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Not according to many on here though . Some still believe the future of this team isn't drastically improved from the mess that was Atlanta and the horrid drafting and development model they created .

Who?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Not sure anyone here truely believes that.

Who? Name names

jetkarma*

Not sure who really advocated tanking as the only way to build. If I recall it was a very small number on this forum, most advocated what we are trying to do which is a balanced approach.

I even setup a poll on the subject, balanced was the clear favour it.

There were many , and some even thought they needed an avatar to declare it .

Of course hindsight is a positive tool if used correctly , a lot can be reviewed to see what was not correct .

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
There were many , and some even thought they needed an avatar to declare it .

Of course hindsight is a positive tool if used correctly , a lot can be reviewed to see what was not correct .

Yes hindsight is convenient for many. As is saying nothing and then claiming you knew all along.

My prediction for this year was bang on. I called for us to be a bubble team, either missing by a hair or just squeezing in to get swept. I called that back in Nov/Dec. Said we would be competitive all year for a playoff hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln