Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Klingberg is going to the KHL

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2015/6/12/8770341/report-carl-klingberg-to-sign-in-khl

Basically we got Stempniak for free. Way to go Chevy.

What a reminder it is to think that he was one of, if not the top at one point (maybe him or Cormier?), prospect in a very depleted Thrasher/Jets talent cupboard.

Chevy, Zinger, and the scouting staff have done a tremendous job with this franchise. To get a veteran like Stempniak who helped the Jets get to the playoffs in return is a steal, especially considering the NYR could have used him in their own run in the SCP. Sather looks like an idiot today.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
What a reminder it is to think that he was one of, if not the top at one point (maybe him or Cormier?), prospect in a very depleted Thrasher/Jets talent cupboard.

Chevy, Zinger, and the scouting staff have done a tremendous job with this franchise. To get a veteran like Stempniak who helped the Jets get to the playoffs in return is a steal, especially considering the NYR could have used him in their own run in the SCP. Sather looks like an idiot today.

1 Klingberg, 2 Cormier, 3 Postma, 4 Redmond, 5 Melchiori.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I was thinking:
If we somehow miss out on both Frolik and Stafford we'll have a hole at 2RW. Somebody will mention Burmistrov now, but I doubt Chevy likes that idea. Somebody will mention Ehlers, but pencilling a rookie into your top6 is generally a bad idea.
What about Boston's Reilly Smith as a trade target? Boston might have big cap problems, and Pastrnak looked good on the right wing. Also, Bruins fans are souring on Smith, you can read ridiculous things like "is he even tradeable with his contract" on these boards... Thoughts?

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I was thinking:
If we somehow miss out on both Frolik and Stafford we'll have a hole at 2RW. Somebody will mention Burmistrov now, but I doubt Chevy likes that idea. Somebody will mention Ehlers, but pencilling a rookie into your top6 is generally a bad idea.
What about Boston's Reilly Smith as a trade target? Boston might have big cap problems, and Pastrnak looked good on the right wing. Also, Bruins fans are souring on Smith, you can read ridiculous things like "is he even tradeable with his contract" on these boards... Thoughts?

If we miss out on both Frolik and Stafford I would put that money to work and offer sheet Brandon Saad.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
If we miss out on both Frolik and Stafford I would put that money to work and offer sheet Brandon Saad.

latest

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was thinking:

What do Bruins fans have against him? 91 points the last 2 seasons from a 24 yo 3rd round pick looks pretty good.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
What do Bruins fans have against him? 91 points the last 2 seasons from a 24 yo 3rd round pick looks pretty good.

From the Bruins board:

Smith isn't very fast, he isn't physical, he doesn't stand in front of the net and screen goalies, he brings nothing physically, he can snipe and provide skilful goals but more often than not the Reilly Smith toe drag causes more turnovers than Jordan Caron ever did. He has low hockey IQ, tries to force plays, instead of making the easy pass he tries to skate through 2 defenders and he mishandles the puck a lot. His 'snake bite' period lasts too long and he isn't mentally strong enough to overcome this for whatever reason, he is lazy defensively some games and misses the net by 10 feet with his one timers. But he is young, it was only his second season and he can only get better....right?
Smith isnt going anywhere with that awful contract
Smith is dog excrement. If Neely and Sweeney want to put the "get tougher" mantra into action, Smith -> anybody is a first step.

The even better news is that Smith has value to teams that are thrilled with his goal every couple weeks contribution.

:dunno:

(not that I think any of this is accurate)

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I was thinking:

umm Thor still has 2 more years on his contract thankyouverymuch

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
From the Bruins board:

:dunno:

(not that I think any of this is accurate)

At least we know where they stand. I have no idea if it is accurate or not. Some of our good stats guys might have an opinion. ;)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Public perception varies wildly based on eye test vs stats, when in reality they should align. Those criticisms about Smith seem steeped in personal bias. They want a hard-nosed grinder for a winger, when it sounds like he is a bit of a skill guy. Perhaps they notice the turnovers so often because he has the puck that much more?

Yeah, we should see his HERO and WOWY first.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
CBC reported that Mantha and 2015 1st could be available from Detroit

Any interest in a deal around Mantha / 1st + one of their young LHD for Buff+Burmi

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
CBC reported that Mantha and 2015 1st could be available from Detroit

Any interest in a deal around Mantha / 1st + one of their young LHD for Buff+Burmi

Nope , i would like to see both Buff and Burmi on the Jets and mix our own young guys into this years lineup .

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I wonder how this would work:

To Jets: Mantha + 19th

To Det: Buff + 25th + 5th (or 4th 2016)

Thoughts?

Not what I would be looking for.

I want a good NHL LHD who is ready for 1st/2nd line minutes (DeKeyser) or a nice looking player who is NHL ready now or as soon as next season (Ouellet).

Option A:

To Jets: 19th + DeKeyser (signed until 15/16/RFA)

To Wings: Buff + 25th

Having 17th and 19th would give us incredbile choice. We can draft whoever we want as our LHD "problem" now would be covered with adding DeKeyser to our LHD pool. I think Buff for DeKeyser is relativley fair but still has an advantage for Detroit. Moving up from 25h to 19th would be enough for what I want. I think people will think "Buff has more value" but I'm not even looking for the best net value, I'm looking for what would make our roster stronger and more well rounded. I would love to get Danny DeKeyser on our team.

Enström Trouba
DeKeyser Myers

What a beautiful top 4.

Option B:

To Jets: 19th + Ouellet + Mantha + 73th

To Wings: Buff + 47th + Burmistrov

I think the Red Wings are the best fit for Burmistrov league wide. If there is a team that would not have to worry about Burmistrov, it's the Detroit Red Wings and Pavel Datsyuk. He is his childhood hero and the reason why he wants to play in the NHL IMO.

Again, 17th and 19th pick give us so much choice. Hell, we'd have 17th, 19th AND 25th :amazed: We could easily move into the top 10! I like Mantha a lot actually, not soooo sure about Ouellet but I'd want a LHD prospect like him at least. The 73th sweetens the deal and makes it more fair for both sides. It's a risky trade for us but the option to have 17th, 19th and 25th + Ouellet AND Mantha is crazy IMO.

Last edited:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
It's so difficult to judge value this offseason. All big trade chips are either UFA 2016, or locked up forever, or prospects which could be either bluechips or busts (Mantha, Rychel).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Seems like Mantha is on the outs in Detroit so I am a bit leary of trading for other teams failed prospects. He is young still and maybe he just needs a change of orgs but I didn't like it when Detroit went public last season calling out Mantha, that feels like a last ditch effort at lighting a fire under a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad