Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
So what are the rumors or what's being reported regarding to what is he looking for in terms of a contract? And vice-versa with respect to the team.

If he is looking for an OEL type contract, can you guys afford that?
!

Eugene Melnyks worth about 750 million dollars. David Thomson is worth 22 billion. The real question is if you guys could afford him :p

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Eugene Melnyks worth about 750 million dollars. David Thomson is worth 22 billion. The real question is if you guys could afford him :p

I am wondering if Cherith was making reference to the cap situation?

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I am wondering if Cherith was making reference to the cap situation?

Either way, the answer is yes. We can afford to sign him.

If we can afford to sign Toby to his deal, we can afford to sign Zach. Now, may not leave too much in the budget for a FA forward to add, but I think Zach, Wheels and Little are priority core signings.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I wish we weren't becoming divisional rivals with Dallas.

I would offer everything plus the kitchen sink for Loui Eriksson.

I think they could be largely interested in players like Byfuglien and Burmistrov and a package could be worked out from both sides. I just don't think it's doable anymore with the new divisional rivalry.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wish we weren't becoming divisional rivals with Dallas.

I would offer everything plus the kitchen sink for Loui Eriksson.

I think they could be largely interested in players like Byfuglien and Burmistrov and a package could be worked out from both sides. I just don't think it's doable anymore with the new divisional rivalry.

Don't tease me Sweech......Part of the reason I like Wennberg in the draft is his comps are Eriksson. Loui is a gem but I somehow think their owner is a bigger fan than the HFBoard types that pitch him in deals. he also has a no trade no move clause and is locked up for the next 3 years at the ridiculous value of $4.25 million per cap hit. He would fit our team like a glove though because he's a leader, two way player, and a 70 point a year type.....oh to dream!

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Don't tease me Sweech......Part of the reason I like Wennberg in the draft is his comps are Eriksson. Loui is a gem but I somehow think their owner is a bigger fan than the HFBoard types that pitch him in deals. he also has a no trade no move clause and is locked up for the next 3 years at the ridiculous value of $4.25 million per cap hit. He would fit our team like a glove though because he's a leader, two way player, and a 70 point a year type.....oh to dream!

His no trade doesn't kick in until next season. He could still be traded now/at the draft.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
His no trade doesn't kick in until next season. He could still be traded now/at the draft.

Thx for the timining of his NMNT I hadn't looked that close. I assume Dallas signing Gonchar for two years might have satiated their short term appetite for an offensive defensman but we can always hope.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Bob McKenzie tweeted the following Saturday,

It's not carved in stone, but in spite of what has been said in past, I expect PHI is likely to use compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov.

Also, PHI is in market for D and may be willing to move one of their young centres - B Schenn or Couturier - for the right deal.

If we could ever swap Byfuglien for a young up and coming center like Brayden Schenn, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
So it sounds like Little's negotiations are in the early stages, as are Bogosians, and nothing with Wheeler just yet.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 3m

Blake Wheelers rep Matt Keator says no talks with #nhljets yet. Anton Thun for Bryan Little says discussions are "very preliminary." #!,

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Bob McKenzie tweeted the following Saturday,

Quote:
It's not carved in stone, but in spite of what has been said in past, I expect PHI is likely to use compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov.

Quote:
Also, PHI is in market for D and may be willing to move one of their young centres - B Schenn or Couturier - for the right deal.

If we could ever swap Byfuglien for a young up and coming center like Brayden Schenn, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And acquire our new 1B goaltender at the same time! :)

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
What about Buff and Burmi to Edm for Eberle and their first?
I think Edmonton is looking for a more proven center at this point rather than a young guy with potential, and I don't think Buff is the kind of player they're looking for. They're loaded with offense as it is.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
We should absolutely trade for Couturier just so that the members of this fanbase who still complain about us taking Scheifele over him can be quiet about it finally.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Both Schenns or Cooter and Coburn is still my fav.

Need centres.

definitely agree with this. Wouldn't be into JUST B Schenn coming back for buff, but it wouldn't take much convincing from there on out. I think adding luke (or doing C & C) would take a bit more then buff going back, but i'd be into it.

We should absolutely trade for Couturier just so that the members of this fanbase who still complain about us taking Scheifele over him can be quiet about it finally.

definitly. That would be hilarious.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Both Schenns or Cooter and Coburn is still my fav.

Need centres.

I like those ideas.
Scheifele, Little, Burmi and one of Schenn or Coots... sign me up for that C depth in 2-3 years

I tried that last night, but didn't get a very hospitable reception from Flyers' fans.:laugh:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1443911&page=21

Lol, typical HFboard responses

You should have put up the factoid in my super stats GDT I made for WPG vs PHI... that Burmi actually has shutdown Malkin much better than Couturier ever did ;)

jetsfan101

May 10, 2013

The proposal the HNIC guys put out there a couple weeks ago of the Schenns for Buff/Burm was pretty good I thought. I might be a bit biased, but I think Philly should throw in a bit more. Nothing substantial, maybe a 2nd? Or flip 1st's (move up from 13 to 11)?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
The proposal the HNIC guys put out there a couple weeks ago of the Schenns for Buff/Burm was pretty good I thought. I might be a bit biased, but I think Philly should throw in a bit more. Nothing substantial, maybe a 2nd? Or flip 1st's (move up from 13 to 11)?

I'd be good with that.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

I like B Schenn, but I don't really like his brother though.

Clearly the Flyers do see value in him though, because the gave up JVR to get him.

That said, Schenn did take a pretty solid step forward this year and he is a bonified NHLer. A long term future as a stay at home #4 should be a reasonable projection. Adding him will also protect Kane from breaking his hand on Luke's face.

I would also want them to add a little, but the deal does make sense. It would also gives the Jets two young players with plenty of RFA time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad