Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Last few posts in last thread.

Link to last thread

But have you read the news?

Jacob MF Trouba is coming! :naughty:

Might be worth a look though, fair enough.

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports

For those of you wondering if the #NHLJets might hold D Ron Hainsey out of the lineup because of trade interest, he's on ice for warm-up

Looks like our biggest trade chip is safe for another game.

There is also a reason [Barker] has bounced from team to team. He is AT BEST a very very marginal player, and that's not including his....off-ice habits. Can't say anymore than that.

Don't want him anywhere near this team.

Besides, we already have Kulda and Postma who are much more talented than Meech, but our dumbshow coach won't put them in...

Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 6m

With all the trade talk going on hearing rumblings of possible big time Michigan player heading to Winnipeg? Could it be true? #tradetracker

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
TRADE EVERYONE!

I really wonder what the pricetag is on Drew Stafford. I'm guessing it's quite a bit higher than everyone thinks.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
We'll see. No interest in Barker though...as much as O would love for him to find his game and have that be here...I just don't see it happening anymore.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
TRADE EVERYONE!

I really wonder what the pricetag is on Drew Stafford. I'm guessing it's quite a bit higher than everyone thinks.

At this point I'm not certain moving Stafford is a priority for the Sabres time-wise. There's only so many hours before the deadline and I can't really think of a good reason why the Sabres would get a better return now than, say, at the draft. If they're serious about moving Pominville I think Stafford is probably a low priority.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Honestly I'd be just fine keeping the pick/prospect and gutting out the rest of this year. Then all we have to do is overpay Stafford short term through UFA a bit and we'd be better for it next year.

Edit: is he UFA or do I put down the pipe :s

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Honestly I'd be just fine keeping the pick/prospect and gutting out the rest of this year. Then all we have to do is overpay Stafford short term through UFA a bit and we'd be better for it next year.

Edit: is he UFA or do I put down the pipe :s

Stafford has two more years past this one at 4 mil per season.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Pomminville would be a great fit. But not at any price though.

jetkarma*

There is a steep price for some of these acquisitions.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Expecting Hainsey, Postma and Antro to be traded tomorrow. Possibly also another big name, depending on result vs NYI tonight.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Stafford has two more years past this one at 4 mil per season.

Thanks I was at work, too lazy to look up yadda...

If his season this year is the odd one out and his 20 goal seasons are still the norm I think he'd be a good fit. Does he seem like the kind of player that would fit well on a 3rd line or would he be the top six or useless category? I just worry because we already have Jokinen and Miettinen that are tweeners that just suck when they aren't scoring goals.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Screw it, Stej I'm on your side. Sell Hainsey. Get some assets for him. At very least this is a huge wake up call for the team, make playoffs or GTFO!!!

Right now this is the roster I see

Ladd - ??? - ????
Kane - Little - Wheeler
??? - Antropov - ???
Wright - Slater/Wright - ???

Enstrom - Byfuglien
??? - Bogosian
Kulda/Stuart - Postma
Kulda/Stuart

We have Burmistrov, Jokinen, Tangradi kicking around that can fill some roles, but we need huge improvements. This team has a reputation for starting great and falling apart, changes are needed...

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Screw it, Stej I'm on your side. Sell Hainsey. Get some assets for him. At very least this is a huge wake up call for the team, make playoffs or GTFO!!!

Right now this is the roster I see

Ladd - ??? - ????
Kane - Little - Wheeler
??? - Antropov - ???
Wright - Slater/Wright - ???

Enstrom - Byfuglien
??? - Bogosian
Kulda/Stuart - Postma
Kulda/Stuart

We have Burmistrov, Jokinen, Tangradi kicking around that can fill some roles, but we need huge improvements. This team has a reputation for starting great and falling apart, changes are needed...

Yup. Completely agree.

You might need to add Trouba in your top 6/7 dmen, though. :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. Completely agree.

You might need to add Trouba in your top 6/7 dmen, though. :D

I think you can also pencil a healthy Peluso onto the 4th line. I think this team will be going with more youth and potential next season and you would want someone around to ensure other teams don't take extra liberties.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Jokinen won't be moved. No point. I'm fairly certain he was brought in as a stop gap for Scheif when he's ready. If Scheif is playing well on the 2nd line next season, I could then see Joker moved, but now would be pointless. You might as well hold onto him for the rest of this season and going into next.

Also, If PHX makes a move tonight, I imagine it'll happen after their game.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
This is what we have:

Ladd - xxx - Wheeler
Kane - xxx - Little
xxx - xxx - xxx
Wright - Slater - Peluso

Enstrom - Byfuglien
xxx - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Kulda

Pavelec
xxx

This is what we have expendable:
Jokinen
Miettinen
Antropov
Burmistrov
Wellwood
Tangradi
Cormier
Thorburn
Hainsey
Postma
Montoya

Now make something happen Chevy. If he can turn any of our expendables into picks even, then that is a plus for the jets. They really aren't worth much of anything outside of Hainsey and Burmistrov.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Obviously with all the ~30 yr old D-men moved to date, Hainsey is seen as one of the least coveted by opposing GM's and Chevy will not get what he was hoping for for him tomorrow. Lucky if he's offered a 2nd round pick tomorrow so do not believe he will be moved. Unless of course he is part and parcel of a larger deal where he is a minor component which is not very likely IMO....

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I'll leave it up here, since this is the speculation thread, but this is in no way shape or form confirmed by anybody. This is a single post by a poster. Very very likely to be false.

Now, TSN does speculate something around Burmi and Stafford may have been discussed, but anything more is somebody pulling something out of their ass...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419753
The Jets were reportedly talking to the Sabres about a deal that would send Alexander Burmistrov to Buffalo for right-winger Drew Stafford.

"It's one of those things where at different points in time you're talking lots of different players with lots of different teams and different scenarios," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "This is the group that earned the opportunity to be battling at this point in time for a playoff position."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino