Speculation: Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Versteeg only plays well against us....Imagine how great he would be in practice everyday???? He would score on every shot :D

He is a 50 pts guy max...not sure I would deal Burmi for a player with a 50 pt ceiling?????

Burmi is still so young and shows some flashes but still has a lot of work to do....I just think we are a team that may peak in about 4 to 5 years so Burmi still has time to develope....Not an easy choice to know when to pull the plug on a young player????

Last edited:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
According to TSN, the Panthers may be looking to trade Versteeg. If that's the case, Chevy should go hard after him.

Gives us another top six forward that we desperately need, and then we NEVER have to worry about playing against him again!

My wife would go insane...she hates Versteeg and "his stupid face" more than Hainsey.

I know, Hainsey hate right? Is that grounds for a divorce?

I see one of three things happening if Versteeg puts on a Jets jersey.

1. His production tanks, no longer has the Jets padding his stats :sarcasm:

2. He puts on the jersey and instantly bursts into flames and starts melting saying that creepy sounds like a tape getting eaten horror movie ending "NOooooooo, Nooooooo, NNNNOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!"

3. He puts on the jersey, laces up and proceeds to notch a hat trick.

He is good friends with Ladd...so I wonder......

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
NHL13 controller in hand... :D. I really do hate doing this but what the hell...

Chevy pulls the trigger and puts his stamp on the team in a rather big way, acquiring both Stastny and Versteeg.

Trade pieces: Burmistrov, Postma, 2nd round pick, Prospects, etc.

If the Avs were to trade Stastny, O'Reilly and Duchene become the undisputed 1-2 centers, leaving Burmistrov as the no. 3 center or top 9 RW. Possible fit there. Maybe Chevy also gets a guy like Kobasew who can add a bit of sandpaper/stability to the bottom 6? God knows we need it.

Burmistrov + (Not sure what the + would be?) for Stastny + Kobasew

2nd + Postma for Versteeg

Yes, I still do believe Versteeg has good value. Had a great year last year and he is on a good contract (in my opinion) for the next 3 seasons after this one. Florida could probably use an offensive defenseman with a big shot. Aside from Campbell who has 6 goals, they only have 2 goals all year from the rest of the defense. Postma could maybe fit where Garrison left.

Kane - Stastny - Versteeg
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Wellwood/Miettinen - Jokinen - Antropov
Wright - Slater - Kobasew

All just for fun. Does it happen? well, I may win the lottery before it does but... :laugh:, I would be ok with these moves because it doesn't mortgage our future, it adds nicely to our core and fills needs both today and the future, in my opinion.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
We're at our roster limit without Peluso and Enstrom.

Something has to give, hell we may end up moving two players.

Something is brewing.

edit: derp, forgot about Redmond. But the point still stands. 24 players with Enstrom and Peluso back.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
NHL13 controller in hand... :D. I really do hate doing this but what the hell...

Chevy pulls the trigger and puts his stamp on the team in a rather big way, acquiring both Stastny and Versteeg.

Trade pieces: Burmistrov, Postma, 2nd round pick, Prospects, etc.

If the Avs were to trade Stastny, O'Reilly and Duchene become the undisputed 1-2 centers, leaving Burmistrov as the no. 3 center or top 9 RW. Possible fit there. Maybe Chevy also gets a guy like Kobasew who can add a bit of sandpaper/stability to the bottom 6? God knows we need it.

Burmistrov + (Not sure what the + would be?) for Stastny + Kobasew

2nd + Postma for Versteeg

Yes, I still do believe Versteeg has good value. Had a great year last year and he is on a good contract (in my opinion) for the next 3 seasons after this one. Florida could probably use an offensive defenseman with a big shot. Aside from Campbell who has 6 goals, they only have 2 goals all year from the rest of the defense. Postma could maybe fit where Garrison left.

Kane - Stastny - Versteeg
Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Wellwood/Miettinen - Jokinen - Antropov
Wright - Slater - Kobasew

All just for fun. Does it happen? well, I may win the lottery before it does but... :laugh:, I would be ok with these moves because it doesn't mortgage our future, it adds nicely to our core and fills needs both today and the future, in my opinion.

I'm good with those moves. Though I'm thinking the line combos might be a bit different.

Kane/Stastny/Wheeler - wheeler and stastny played together during lockout
Ladd/Little/Versteeg - Ladd and Versteeg played together in Chicago.

Antro/Jokinen/Miettinen

Wright/Slater/Kobasew

Wellwood/Peluso

Pretty decent top 6 (or 9), imo.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
We're at our roster limit without Peluso and Enstrom.

Something has to give, hell we may end up moving two players.

Something is brewing.

edit: derp, forgot about Redmond. But the point still stands. 24 players with Enstrom and Peluso back.

Meech, Peluso, Tangradi could be sent to St. Johns. Peluso could be claimed by St. Louis but either Meech or Tangradi would have to stay yp with a claiming club so would be unlikely they were taken. I think the whole reason the Jets traded for Tangradi rather than claiming off of his inevitable place on waivers was for the ability to assign him to st Johns.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Two hours ago, maybe...but now we have Kulda back! :D

I kind of wonder if the Kulda thing has been in the works for a while, I was really surprised we didn't put a claim in on Hamrlik. Though he was waived on the same day that Kulda's team was eliminated from KHL playoffs, so who knows.

Meech, Peluso, Tangradi could be sent to St. Johns. Peluso could be claimed by St. Louis but either Meech or Tangradi would have to stay yp with a claiming club so would be unlikely they were taken. I think the whole reason the Jets traded for Tangradi rather than claiming off of his inevitable place on waivers was for the ability to assign him to st Johns.

This is an interesting thought, would make a fair bit of sense, but it makes swapping him for Ponikarovsky seem kind of ridiculous.. Unless they thought Miettinen could replace Poni's minutes or something.

jetkarma*

I kind of wonder if the Kulda thing has been in the works for a while, I was really surprised we didn't put a claim in on Hamrlik. Though he was waived on the same day that Kulda's team was eliminated from KHL playoffs, so who knows.

This is an interesting thought, would make a fair bit of sense, but it makes swapping him for Ponikarovsky seem kind of ridiculous.. Unless they thought Miettinen could replace Poni's minutes or something.

Miettinen looked pretty good last night and showed that he can play with and compliment Kane's game imo.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Miettinen looked pretty good last night and showed that he can play with and compliment Kane's game imo.

Agreed. I think meittenen works well as a utility/two way sort of guy. He's willing to do whatevers necessary and i think that will make him useful, he seems to adapt well.

I was one who was actually really looking forward to how mittens would do this season.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Do you guys think there is anything to the stories that Burmistrov might be available? Or is it just because there is a slow market and the media wants to stir something up with a highly-touted player that isn't producing flashy offensive numbers?

If he is available, what would it likely take from St. Louis?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Do you guys think there is anything to the stories that Burmistrov might be available? Or is it just because there is a slow market and the media wants to stir something up with a highly-touted player that isn't producing flashy offensive numbers?

It COULD be true, yes. But I think it's more a guessing game and a bit of talk due to the 4 weeks deadline countdown coming up.

St. Louis?

Well we can not afford to give him up for a center replacement, IMO.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

I think everyone is available for the right price but I find it suspect the Jets are actively shopping him. Dreger started the rumour saying that the Jets was a bonafide first or second line Centre and to get something good you have to give up something good.

Honestly not sure a trade with St. Louis would make sense given the Jets wants.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I'd be interested something around Berglund for Burmistrov...

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

It's tough to say. His age and talent would make you think a developing team like the Jets would want to keep him and see what he can become.

Comments from Hnidy and Dreger (not from the team but you know what I mean), his recent play, and subsequent loss of ice time has me wondering if indeed the Jets would be open to trading him.

As for St. Louis, it's interesting you mention the Blues. I was going to ask a hypothetical question about if Burmistrov was traded, is there a team in the league either through being near the cap, or near their own internal cap that may value Burmistrov's low salary, and may be looking to deal a player on a higher salary back.

St. Louis came to my mind as I believe that they have an internal cap, and some high priced RFA's coming up (Stewart, Berglund, AP, Russel, Cole, Shattenkirk). Any possibility that a guy like Stewart could be moved for $ purposes?

I'd rather get a player coming back to help our the Jets myself, otherwise, I guess a deal around a 1st and prospects of some kind would the other alternative if a roster player wasn't suitable.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's tough to say. His age and talent would make you think a developing team like the Jets would want to keep him and see what he can become.

Comments from Hnidy and Dreger (not from the team but you know what I mean), his recent play, and subsequent loss of ice time has me wondering if indeed the Jets would be open to trading him.

As for St. Louis, it's interesting you mention the Blues. I was going to ask a hypothetical question about if Burmistrov was traded, is there a team in the league either through being near the cap, or near their own internal cap that may value Burmistrov's low salary, and may be looking to deal a player on a higher salary back.

St. Louis came to my mind as I believe that they have an internal cap, and some high priced RFA's coming up (Stewart, Berglund, AP, Russel, Cole, Shattenkirk). Any possibility that a guy like Stewart could be moved for $ purposes?

I'd rather get a player coming back to help our the Jets myself, otherwise, I guess a deal around a 1st and prospects of some kind would the other alternative if a roster player wasn't suitable.

If he's traded I can't see it being for picks and prospects. It should be a hockey transaction for a similar aged and developed player who fits are style of play better.

Players I'd target on St. Louis would be Berglund, Schwartz and Perron.

Burmie for Berglund 1 for 1
Burmie for Schwartz and a 2nd
Burmie, Postma and a 2nd for Perron

The above are some trade idea's that I'd go for.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
If he's traded I can't see it being for picks and prospects. It should be a hockey transaction for a similar aged and developed player who fits are style of play better.

Players I'd target on St. Louis would be Berglund, Schwartz and Perron.

Burmie for Berglund 1 for 1
Burmie for Schwartz and a 2nd
Burmie, Postma and a 2nd for Perron

The above are some trade idea's that I'd go for.

no way would i trade burmi for schwartz.

the other two i like, but doubt stl would do em

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Trade him for scraps you say?

This is what I don't get when people say we should trade him for grit and grinders. What the hell does that do? We already have a great defensive player who will chip in offensively in Burmistrov, and he's 21. What good does it do to trade him for a player who, at best, does what Burmistrov already does?

Is the fact that he's a tad shorter than some people would like really that important? Oh, silly me, of course he needs to be a giant to play for the Jets.:laugh:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Trade him for scraps you say?

This is what I don't get when people say we should trade him for grit and grinders. What the hell does that do? We already have a great defensive player who will chip in offensively in Burmistrov, and he's 21. What good does it do to trade him for a player who, at best, does what Burmistrov already does?

Is the fact that he's a tad shorter than some people would like really that important? Oh, silly me, of course he needs to be a giant to play for the Jets.:laugh:

yah thats kinda how i feel romang. Realistically i don't see anyone offering us much better then what burmis is "now" for him, so why would we bother>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad