Speculation: Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
I would NOT do that trade! But I'd do it in a second for Matt Duchene.

Should have had a pool on when that would appear. :nod:

And FWIW I wouldn't do the trade (Trouba+Burmi) for ROR or Matty.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Grant Clitsome for Cam Barker?

I don't actually want Barker, but it'd be nice to have the 3rd (Barker), 4th (Ladd), 5th (Wheeler) and 6th (Montoya) overall picks from the 2004 draft all on our team.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Should have had a pool on when that would appear. :nod:

And FWIW I wouldn't do the trade (Trouba+Burmi) for ROR or Matty.

Neither would I. Burmi is not far off of ROR. Whatever the difference is, it's not Trouba.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Neither would I. Burmi is not far off of ROR. Whatever the difference is, it's not Trouba.

Yup. Don't see Trouba being part of any deal.

ROR is a nice player, but so is young Burmi. I'd like to see what we have in Burmi in another year or two, before we consider moving him for a 'slight upgrade' which will cost us a bit more in salary.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Yup. Don't see Trouba being part of any deal.

ROR is a nice player, but so is young Burmi. I'd like to see what we have in Burmi in another year or two, before we consider moving him for a 'slight upgrade' which will cost us a bit more in salary.

Exactly this. Burmi is a great player and I'm pretty sure we would regret trading him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
After Pav's last couple of games I'm thinking it might be a good idea to inquire about Bernier. Given the kings need some defenseman would a deal based around one of Redmond or Postma and a mid round pick work?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
A)Pavs played a back to back, which is hard on anyone, nevermind a goalie.
B) He didn't receive a lot of help out there, but he hasn't been stellar.
C)Bernier isn't a tried and true starter yet. I would rather have him for a backup so he and Pavs can split starts, a'la Vancouver and St. Louis.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I have no idea why people think Bernier is all that good.

A) I'll admit some prejudice, I'm not at all a fan of shorter (anything under 6') goaltenders.
B) His numbers really aren't all that fantastic.
C) Hasn't really played enough. Even as a backup he gets very few games and it's really hard to tell what he can bring.

I wouldn't at all be comfortable in giving up any decent assets to get him.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I have no idea why people think Bernier is all that good.

A) I'll admit some prejudice, I'm not at all a fan of shorter (anything under 6') goaltenders.
B) His numbers really aren't all that fantastic.
C) Hasn't really played enough. Even as a backup he gets very few games and it's really hard to tell what he can bring.

I wouldn't at all be comfortable in giving up any decent assets to get him.

I am wishy washy on him.

He did really well in the ahl last year I think?
Didnt have the best sv % and gaa?

But how well that translates to the nhl remains to be seen.

He has the potential to be good, but so did steve mason.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Before the avalanche of goalie proposals, can the people who want to trade more assets for another goalie explain what we'll do with Pavelec's 3.9 million dollars for 4 more years?

Sit it on the bench? That's a terrible use of cap space.
Trade him? If he's bad enough that we need to trade him, who's taking him?
Buy him out? Does that seem like a TNSE move?

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Wholesale changes are years away. There is no incentive.

STHs are locked in for another 2 - 3 years. There will be a >95% renewal rate. Small inroads on the wait list will take place, but nothing major.

Will build up through decent draft position for next 3 - 5 years.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Wholesale changes are years away. There is no incentive.

There will be no wholesale changes but significant change is actually most likely soon pending. The Jets have a significant number of UFA contracts that expire at the end of this season, and a glance at the list implies that few of them are players that the team needs to bring back...

http://capgeek.com/jets
Change is indeed coming.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
There will be no wholesale changes but significant change is actually most likely soon pending. The Jets have a significant number of UFA contracts that expire at the end of this season, and a glance at the list implies that few of them are players that the team needs to bring back...

Change is indeed coming.

You are quite right Gump. I was speaking more in terms of the stated approach of building through the draft. That doesn't happen overnight.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk

Change is indeed coming.

Good point. As painful as the last 3 games have been, we can at least be excited about the trade deadline and offseason if the poor play continues. As you say, LOTS of expiring contracts and a good stockpile of draft picks that can be added to at the deadline.

Hopefully they turn it around but it will be exciting either way (to me anyway - I love the GM side of the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad