Jets extend Paul Maurice

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I know you're Mulletman but Laine is the biggest reason Laine isn't "something truly special "
No. Paul Maurice is the single biggest reason Laine is struggling. He broke Laine with empty promises of more icetime, forced him to become a 2 way player and has ruined the powerplay so that Laine can't even score any powerplay goals. And the worst thing of all is that if it wasn't for Laine's spectacular play lately, Paul Maurice would've most likely been fired now. It's like things have gotten so bad that Laine has Stockholm syndrom.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
No. Paul Maurice is the single biggest reason Laine is struggling. He broke Laine with empty promises of more icetime, forced him to become a 2 way player and has ruined the powerplay so that Laine can't even score any powerplay goals. And the worst thing of all is that if it wasn't for Laine's spectacular play lately, Paul Maurice would've most likely been fired now. It's like things have gotten so bad that Laine has Stockholm syndrom.

upload_2020-2-12_12-55-59.png

11nj69.jpg

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Why would Nikolaj Ehlers ask for a trade? I am sorry but I don't know the history behind this.
Lets just say they are not writing Christmas card to each other or on good terms :laugh:.. Ehlers have always been Maurice Scape goat.. for some reason Maurice have never liked the way Ehlers play. Ehlers TOI have been declining the last 3 seasons. Take a look on some of Ehlers underlying numbers and who he is playing with and how little PP he gets... i would say he and Vrana are some of the most underappreciated players in the league.
Im 100 procent sure he will ask for a trade this off-season when Maurice is still the coach

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Too little too late. Laine needed more icetime after scoring like Gretzky and Bossy in November 2018. 18 goals in one month wasn't good enough to get more icetime. The only thing it got Laine was more talk of 2 way play. Paul Maurice and Winnipeg management was more interested in sandbagging Laine in order to get him signed as cheap as possible, than to actually support him in becomming the best pure sniper that the league has seen...

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Too little too late. Laine needed more icetime after scoring like Gretzky and Bossy in November 2018. 18 goals in one month wasn't good enough to get more icetime. The only thing it got Laine was more talk of 2 way play. Paul Maurice and Winnipeg management was more interested in sandbagging Laine in order to get him signed as cheap as possible, than to actually support him in becomming the best pure sniper that the league has seen...

You're being terribly disingenuous to Laine's play last season. Outside of one month, he was absolute hot garbage. This year he is a million times better. He's driving the play way more than he ever has.

WHAT AM I DOING TRYING TO MAKE A COUNTERPOINT TO MULLETMAN!?

Reactions: McNurse and Duke749

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
You're being terribly disingenuous to Laine's play last season. Outside of one month, he was absolute hot garbage. This year he is a million times better. He's driving the play way more than he ever has.

WHAT AM I DOING TRYING TO MAKE A COUNTERPOINT TO MULLETMAN!?
Laine was only terrible after Paul Maurice denied him his god given right to more icetime. It's only natural that Laine wouldn't perform after being denied his rights.

Packofwolves

Nov 5, 2017
congrats on the cfl title

I think there were some fans who wanted
Bombers coach fired midseason No

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad