Jets extend Paul Maurice

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Well we can probably say goodbye to Laine after next year.

That was my first reaction too.

I've been advocating for coach change, Maurice is the wrong man for the roster he has. Extending him, will drop my interest in following them in the future. They had a stanley cup roster but no stanley cup coach. Now they don't have either.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

My word does that seem over the top from Pierre. I guess it pays for coaches to be friendly with the media.

....or maybe NHL media and management look at things differently than the arm chair quarterbacks at HF Boards? I'm indifferent as to whether Maurice stays or goes but the overestimation of our knowledge and input as fans is humorous to day the least. We have no clue.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I will give him credit, he kept the room together, which, with the issues with Buff and losing Trouba and Chiarot, is pretty impressive. Would have been easy for the team to do a total tailspin.

He may not be the best coach, but he clearly hasn't lost the room

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Heard him on the radio today, and I will say this, Maurice has the media aspect down. He could probably sell vacuum cleaners for living and be very successful. When you listen to him, you sure believe in him. And when you see his results career wise, you wonder why his coaching record never matches his interviews?

Reactions: Hulide

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
No. Paul Maurice is the single biggest reason Laine is struggling. He broke Laine with empty promises of more icetime, forced him to become a 2 way player and has ruined the powerplay so that Laine can't even score any powerplay goals. And the worst thing of all is that if it wasn't for Laine's spectacular play lately, Paul Maurice would've most likely been fired now. It's like things have gotten so bad that Laine has Stockholm syndrom.

Man this is actually all true

Except Maurice getting fired.
He is there until Wheeler retires

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad