Jets extend Paul Maurice

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Shooting ourselves in the foot. 7 seasons, 2 playoff series wins. Second longest tenured coach in the league, team has one of the worst xGF seasons of all time, definitely needs to be giving multi year extension.

Congratulations, that would be considered a luxury and an achievement for the Florida Panthers.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Screenshot_20200212-200225.jpg
Seems decent-ish?
I don't think he ever got a world beater team before these playoffs appearances

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I was under impression many Jets fans didn't want him re-signed. Regardless of his past, without Buff in the lineup, what he's gotten this team to do with help from Hellebuyck is great. They have a shot at playoffs, if they get in, that'll be some story.
Help? It's almost entirely because of Hellebuyck. Without him playing at Vezina-level there's no way we're close to playoffs right now.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Any details on extension?
Jets don't release details. It's multiyear and apparently was supposed to be done last offseason but they postponed it due to Byufglien situation.
Supposed to be done last offseason. You know, the year that the Jets had terrible underlying stats & a poor record since December, even with Trouba, Buff, Myers and Chiarot all playing.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
As always, nothing against Maurice as a person..

This put a dagger in my heart. What the f*** is the rush to lock this guy up at this time of the year ???

Any belief in what, if anything, this team can do in the next 2 years has seriously diminished.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Jets have had one amazing season during his reign. I mean he has been decent, but not sure why the Jets are so loyal to him in an age where coaches have such short leashes...heck, Gallant was just fired not that long ago and he brought an expansion team to the bleeping Stanley Cup finals two years ago!

Patience and expectations just aren't universal in the NHL. Obviously the Jets see something about Maurice they find enlightening and believe he is the man to bring them to the promised land.

Reactions: Mbraunm

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
hahaha how stupid can the owner be?.. bye bye Nikolaj Ehlers.. He will ask to be traded this offseason..

Why would Nikolaj Ehlers ask for a trade? I am sorry but I don't know the history behind this.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I don't know whether to :biglaugh: or :cry:

The saddest thing about all this is how it will affect Laine's legacy. Laine could've been something truly special. Hope my Leafs is able to trade for Laine and save him from this situation. Would be nice to get Laine on the Leafs especially as he's said publicly that he would've wanted to play for the Leafs.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I don't know whether to :biglaugh: or :cry:

The saddest thing about all this is how it will affect Laine's legacy. Laine could've been something truly special. Hope my Leafs is able to trade for Laine and save him from this situation. Would be nice to get Laine on the Leafs especially as he's said publicly that he would've wanted to play for the Leafs.
I know you're Mulletman but Laine is the biggest reason Laine isn't "something truly special "

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00