Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Ducks, Wed. 10/13, 9PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I, too, would probably rather see Perfetti with Ehlers than Copp, but damn people are harsh on Copp after some preseason games.:laugh:
yea, guy scored at a near-60 pt pace while playing part-time top-6 mins last year. he's earned an extended look imo, however, think Perfetti should be there if he's full time NHLer

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I totally understand that sentiment - and that wouldn't be the WORST thing that could happen. However, it would mean that our assets that could be a solution up there didn't perform well enough to be a fit there which isn't good. It also is a bit of a worry that we don't really have a lot of top 6 depth, which will hurt us this year when we invariably have injuries.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Bryan Little came back? God I miss 18

Yep, right when the playoffs start to avoid any cap issues.

Reactions: Jet

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I, too, would probably rather see Perfetti with Ehlers than Copp, but damn people are harsh on Copp after some preseason games.:laugh:

Copp’s ineptitude goes way beyond this preseason (in terms of offensive prowess). I really like Copp and what he brings to this team - but a top six forward he is not. PK yes, PP hell no.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nope. I think it is dumb that the NHL blacks out regional broadcasts and refuse to pay more. I pay for TSN so I should be able to watch all of it. I just watch games online now.

If they didn't black it out, it wouldn't be a regional broadcast. It would be a national broadcast and the rights for that are sold separately by the league ...... to SN. Ptooey!

Each team makes their own deal for regional rights and keeps the money.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah Beyak being so good makes it harder/worse. Without him it would be easy to just watch the opposing team's feed (and I have gone entire seasons in the past watching the opposing feed), but I wanna hear his PBP. This year I am likely gonna go to the opposing team feed again, Jets games are often rage inducing as is without the color commentator pissing you off :laugh:

How do you get access to opposing team feeds?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Copp’s ineptitude goes way beyond this preseason (in terms of offensive prowess). I really like Copp and what he brings to this team - but a top six forward he is not. PK yes, PP hell no.

So ........ the only thing the top 6 is expected to do is score goals. The only way into the top 6 is scoring a lot of goals. Got it. :sarcasm:

Reactions: WolfHouse

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Starting to get hyped for tomorrow! Can't believe opening night only has 2 games. Hope to see you all in the GDT.

Reactions: surixon

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
one-more-sleep-dq2mnl.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
So ........ the only thing the top 6 is expected to do is score goals. The only way into the top 6 is scoring a lot of goals. Got it. :sarcasm:

Yeah, that sounds about right. Using your logic, 81-55-26 should be our fourth line. It’s tough to score on a team if you never control the puck. Keep track of how many plays die in the offensive zone as a result of Copp’s inability to create and sustain pressure. I like Copp on the third - I can watch him and Lowry forecheck and cycle the hell out of teams all day. They make for a great defensive matchup. You put Copp on the second, you have now handicapped (possibly) your best scoring line (considering 81-55-26 usually get the toughest defensive matchup).

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, that sounds about right. Using your logic, 81-55-26 should be our fourth line. It’s tough to score on a team if you never control the puck. Keep track of how many plays die in the offensive zone as a result of Copp’s inability to create and sustain pressure. I like Copp on the third - I can watch him and Lowry forecheck and cycle the hell out of teams all day. They make for a great defensive matchup. You put Copp on the second, you have now handicapped (possibly) your best scoring line (considering 81-55-26 usually get the toughest defensive matchup).

Copp is not in the top 6 to score goals. He is there to help Dubois and Ehlers score more goals ..... and maybe give up fewer. He should score the odd one himself.

You don't think forechecking and cycling contribute to possession? And scoring? OK.

Whether it works out well or not remains to be seen. But it won't fail because Copp lacks finish.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I think we're just preparing for him to leave by mentally classifying him as a bad player so it won't hurt as much ;)
Great to see Perfetti in anywhere though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille