Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Ducks, Wed. 10/13, 9PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Let the grind commence.

Every season is a box of chocolates, I look forward to seeing what transpires.
I get what you mean but don't like the analogy.

For me, every box of chocolates begins with excitement and anticipation. Half way through I'm still loving the variety, but by the end of it I am filled with self-loathing! :o

I wish the box of chocolates season on the Leafs and Habs! There must be a different analogy for our team's season, a long grind that burns calories and ends with unadulterated pleasure....:sarcasm:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I get what you mean but don't like the analogy.

For me, every box of chocolates begins with excitement and anticipation. Half way through I'm still loving the variety, but by the end of it I am filled with self-loathing! :o

I wish the box of chocolates season on the Leafs and Habs! There must be a different analogy for our team's season, a long grind that burns calories and ends with unadulterated pleasure....:sarcasm:

When I think of the Leafs and Habs and a box of chocolates... I think of this gem...

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I dunno, I always hated those guys.
I've always ducking hated the Ducks too. I hope we duck them up good.

Duck them, and duck vegas
20148218_1_600_583.jpg

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Interesting sked in October, start the season in Anaheim and head back there to end the month, in between they come here and we are down with them this year

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
That is really pathetic Saturday night HNIC exposure. One late game against Calgary makes CBC and one early game against Ottawa is on Sportsnet/City. Also an afternoon game vs. St. Louis on CBC.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That is really pathetic Saturday night HNIC exposure. One late game against Calgary makes CBC and one early game against Ottawa is on Sportsnet/City. Also an afternoon game vs. St. Louis on CBC.

Thankfully it’s not the old days before the comprehensive regional TV deals. Back then we use to take the crumbs to watch. Today we get it all on TV so I could give a shit less if they don’t want our tiny market tainting their national ratings. I embrace that part of our identity and relish the role.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Thankfully it’s not the old days before the comprehensive regional TV deals. Back then we use to take the crumbs to watch. Today we get it all on TV so I could give a shit less if they don’t want our tiny market tainting their national ratings. I embrace that part of our identity and relish the role.
Yeah I could give a tiny shit less about who else watches us. I just want a crew that doesn't make me barf in my mouth when I watch.

I like Dennis - he is obviously a big fan. I would LOVE someone different doing color, even someone like Jennifer Botteril who could actually analyze what is happening and how the team is playing without throwing out ambiguous platitudes and generalities.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario

I just think it's a questionable long-term strategy for marketing the NHL in Canada to continue to throw all their eggs in the Leafs and (to a lesser extent) Habs baskets, instead of marketing all seven teams more evenly, as clubs/brands rather than as local representatives. I've noticed on NFL advertising they don't even say the city names very much anymore (which I notice because, not being a fan, I'm constantly forced to try to remember where the "Titans" are from, etc.). Same with soccer/football, where no one cares that Manchester and Barcelona are miles down the list of economic powerhouses of Europe.

Reactions: ps241

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
First 2 games at 9pm is brutal and what's even worse is both games on Sportsnet . :mad:
They'll be forced to broadcast the Jets in the playoffs, with Calgary, Ottawa and Montreal not making the post-season, and Vancouver, Edmonton and Toronto not making it out of their division.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I live in BC and am constantly annoyed that I dont get to watch the regional broadcast.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad