Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Ducks, Wed. 10/13, 9PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets still pretending Copp belongs anywhere near the the top 6?
Ya i think that's what Maurice will start off the year with. Don't know about game 1 though because we don't have Scheifele , i would put Dubois up on the 1st line with Connor and Wheeler and have Stastny center the 2nd line for game 1 . Actually i'd have Dubois with Connor and Ehlers but that's just me.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ughh...start time 9 pm.

howard-the-duck-you-got-a-beer.gif

Ughh...game on Sportsnet.

824f0139ff648d85dd4b3af97c37f317a2706149.gifv
Greatest movie Evah! Lea Thompson...swoon.

Reactions: Guardian17

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'd like to see Perfetti rip up the AHL to such a degree that the Jets end up bringing him up to the top six around Christmas to put us over the top for the rest of the season.
I totally understand that sentiment - and that wouldn't be the WORST thing that could happen. However, it would mean that our assets that could be a solution up there didn't perform well enough to be a fit there which isn't good. It also is a bit of a worry that we don't really have a lot of top 6 depth, which will hurt us this year when we invariably have injuries.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Bryan Little came back? God I miss 18

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I totally understand that sentiment - and that wouldn't be the WORST thing that could happen. However, it would mean that our assets that could be a solution up there didn't perform well enough to be a fit there which isn't good. It also is a bit of a worry that we don't really have a lot of top 6 depth, which will hurt us this year when we invariably have injuries.

There are lots of scenarios that wouldn't be the end of the world. An injury to our bottom six and an under-producing Copp could lead to a very simple tinker that would see Copp return to his place by Lowry (where he belongs) and an opportunity for a young talent to shine in the top six. More fiction than fact? Perhaps, but it's something that could happen.

Injuries will most certainly happen. But if we're lucky, it will happen in a position that would lead to perhaps and even better fix (so, as long as the injury doesn't happen to Hellebuyck, Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor or any of our top four defensemen). Again, fingers crossed!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Well it's not like we have a lot of players currently that are likely a good bet for the top 6.

I'm a bit worried about how Stastny and Blake hold up over a full season where they are at in their careers. I'm also not at all sold that Copp can keep up with his linemates.

I hope Cole is ready midway through the season as we may need him in the top 6 to give us some more creativity.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Hate west coast games but how can one skip opening night … who needs sleep anyways
Ya it’s late for old guys like me :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad