Oct 22, 2002
The Jets got owned by this goofball

FpYNgR7XoAAv2mr
I want that tshirt

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I wonder if he has a smelling salt capsule in there so he can whiff it while on the ice before faceoffs and such.

smelling salt.... we do know jack likes the salt, his ritual on the bench pre game is to pour gato over the back of his neck and then other places.....its fun to see if the camera catches it.....then one of the ring worthy guys behind him hand him the stuff.... and it gets snorted right before puck drop.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
smelling salt.... we do know jack likes the salt, his ritual on the bench pre game is to pour gato over the back of his neck and then other places.....its fun to see if the camera catches it.....then one of the ring worthy guys behind him hand him the stuff.... and it gets snorted right before puck drop.
iu

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I honestly want Boq to stick around for a while. The 3rd goal was in part because of him and I loved his reaction after Miles scored. He’s a good skating possession guy, he’s reliable and I rarely see him making mistakes out there.

But what I like most is that he was always seen as a “skill”/top-6 kind of player, but he seems to be embracing the bottom-6 role without any complaints. He’s adjusting to this role very well and he’ll be a damn useful player if he keeps on getting better at it.

Last edited:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Finally back from the game! Unreal atmosphere. If regular season games are this fun, the playoffs will be wild!!!

It's a little unreasonable to nail him on goal 1, as I see rebounds like that lead to goals all the time, but I think you'd like a save on goal 2.

Was it a screen? Well, we see Blackwood beaten by those all the time and more often than most goalies who someone still have that puck hit them.
The 2nd goal was terrible positioning. If you pause at the point of the shot, Blackwood is on the opposite post, eve though the shooter was basically center to net.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I really wonder what Mercer’s role is here longterm. A huge middle-six contributed for us, just hard to reconcile his potential with current role.

A 50-60 point W/C with top six upside isn’t bad of course. He’s a great fit on a line with Nico but also could be a play driver for the bottom-six too.
I think he can take over the Palat role in a few years and top out around 70 points. It's just whether that's what he wants to be. On a team with less options, I he'll be a PPG player. He's a fantastic player.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I really thought this game had the recipe for disaster. B2B against a tough team, MBW on net, fairly new line combinations, Hughes still getting back on track from his injury. But they all played great!

I'm really liking these new line combinations, I don't know if we are wasting Palat on the third line, but hard to complain when things are working. Mercer and Nico seems like a perfect fit, weird that we haven't really tried it sooner(?), hope they keep it up!

I wonder what happens if we acquire 'some' top6 winger in the TDL, I guess either Yegor or Tatar drops into the 3rd line, but that again messes up the chemistry.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Zetta iz zhe bezt.
_____
Always like the Mercer game.

We should NOT trade Mercer for Meier. It would be stupid. We have a chance to have cost controled young Mercer for the next 9 years. With expirience he will play as top-6 regular player. May be even top-3.
We were luckey that our arizona`s pick was translated into Mercer, who wasn`t picked before. I wanted him as a pick when Arizona`s pick was in 9-12 range. Mercer is 4th in goals and points from that draft.

If SJ want only Mercer for Meier than they can go find another buyer.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Zetta iz zhe bezt.
_____
Always like the Mercer game.

We should NOT trade Mercer for Meier. It would be stupid. We have a chance to have cost controled young Mercer for the next 9 years. With expirience he will play as top-6 regular player. May be even top-3.
We were luckey that our arizona`s pick was translated into Mercer, who wasn`t picked before. I wanted him as a pick when Arizona`s pick was in 9-12 range. Mercer is 4th in goals and points from that draft.

If SJ want only Mercer for Meier than they can go find another buyer.
Yup. I’m 99.9% sure Mercer, Luke and Nemec are all off the table.

We have good enough prospects/assets that a fair move can be made by both sides without these 3 untouchable guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad