GDT: Jets @ Devils, 7:00 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lindy “I can tell you who was at fault on both goals and it wasn’t Blackwood”

@Bleedred
It's a little unreasonable to nail him on goal 1, as I see rebounds like that lead to goals all the time, but I think you'd like a save on goal 2.

Was it a screen? Well, we see Blackwood beaten by those all the time and more often than most goalies who someone still have that puck hit them.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I can't really tell how many points into a playoff spot we're in right now, because everybody down at the bubble has played an uneven number of games so far.

We're 16 points ahead of the team in wild card 2, but we have 3 games in hand on them so that's potentially even more points than that. We have I think 19 more points than the team with the best point percentage for the wild card 2 spot and they have 2 games in hand on us.

This could change by season's end, but the number of points needed for wild card 2 in the East is 91 points. We only need 6 more wins to get to that.

Detroit is 9th in pts%. We have 79 pts. They have 60 and a game in hand.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm pretty sure there was a missed assignment that caused a screen on the 2nd goal....but who cares.

Play good defense and score one more than the other team... profit.

Reactions: Mr Bojanglez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I wish people would stop saying stuff like ''We're not there yet. This isn't our year yet. Can't be picking up rentals yet because we're not there yet''. I know there's only a couple people still talking like that and not many.

But this is as good of a time as any.

This could be our best chance until 2-3 years from now, as we have several pending UFA's that either won't be back or will be a year older and maybe not as good as they've been this year. We have guys like Mercer still on his ELC. We have cheap contracts for contributors like Zetterlund, who you may as well consider him being on an ELC. Siegenthaler is still paid dirt cheap this year before his extension kicks in.

I'm not saying we're gonna win the cup this year, but we might have a better shot this year than next year. I'm not saying this year will be our last year of having a shot. Just that I think this year is better than next year.

The only thing we have against us is the ''Playoff inexperience'' thing which I see thrown out there as well.

Reactions: Unknown Caller

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
And I wish people would stop saying stuff like ''We're not there yet. This isn't our year yet. Can't be picking up rentals yet because we're not there yet''. I know there's only a couple people still talking like that and not many.

But this is as good of a time as any.

This could be our best chance until 2-3 years from now, as we have several pending UFA's that either won't be back or will be a year older and maybe not as good as they've been this year. We have guys like Mercer still on his ELC. We have cheap contracts for contributors like Zetterlund, who you may as well consider him being on an ELC. Siegenthaler is still paid dirt cheap this year before his extension kicks in.

I'm not saying we're gonna win the cup this year, but we might have a better shot this year than next year. I'm not saying this year will be our last year of having a shot. Just that I think this year is better than next year.

The only thing we have against us is the ''Playoff inexperience'' thing which I see thrown out there as well.

I’m not picking up sizable rentals because I think those are generally dumb moves.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Should realistically win 2 of these next 3 at home. March is gonna be brutal
March as a whole doesn't look too bad, but we have a brutal stretch with Tampa 3 times in a week, along with at least one against Carolina and Boston (I think?) in that same week or 10-12 day span.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Glad they churned out the goals in the 3rd. It was one of those games we looked good all night except for scoreboard until the 2 goal burst.

Then haula and zetts turned on the juice and then D E V I L S chant went on and mcleod pulled a hughes and woody turned into a goal scorer!

Place was buzzing in the 3rd. Then went strangly ultra quiet for that 2nd pk of the near end of 3rd. Everyone was sqeezin tight cause MB was in there. Give him credit, he held it up to put a nice win out after that doozy 1st.

Hope Mercer didnt hurt his leg (post) and head (hit)..

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The Jets got owned by this goofball

FpYNgR7XoAAv2mr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad