GDT: Jets @ Devils, 7:00 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
The first goal was Graves coming back after the shooter buried it. We almost never have 2 Dmen tight in the crease with the goalie though on point shots - that's not the system they play so I dunno how Lindy wants to say that if that's not the system they use. *shrug*
Oh I'm just assuming it'll be that if he wants to say neither were on Blackwood. How the second isn't on him is beyond me though.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh I'm just assuming it'll be that if he wants to say neither were on Blackwood. How the second isn't on him is beyond me though.
I just think it's in poor taste and a bad look if he feels the need to publicly critique the goalie in a game where he only allowed 2 goals.

I'm sure he thinks Blackwood could have had that one. If we lost that game, especially if he gave up another goal or two, I'm not saying he would have called him out for that goal, but I don't think he would have been so quick to publicly throw him a bone.

And it's like he said when Blackwood had the stinker against Boston. There's breakdowns every game that are always somebody's fault and it's up to the goalie to stop them or not. That one may not have been his fault, but I think it's safe to say he could have had it, but I doubt the coach is gonna make anything about it after the big win and him only allowing 2 goals overall.

That was actually one of the most Blackwood goals against there is. Typical shot from way out where he somehow can't find it, despite the fact that most goalies aren't screened on that. Not to mention questionable positioning on it as well.

That's what a lot of me doesn't understand why Blackwood isn't a better goalie than he is, as he's got so much size and girth, pucks should just hit him in the shoulder or to the sides that just clear average sized goalies.

Ben Bishop wasn't anything impressive athletically or even technically, but he had so much girth that he made a pretty good career out of pucks just hitting him. He would give up a lot of bad angle, low-ish danger stinkers, but lots of pucks hit him because there was so much of him and he had quite a few dominant years because of that and that alone. And he was made of glass and a chronic injury case, but it never seemed to really do anything to lessen his performance, until so many of them happened that he just couldn't play anymore.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I just think it's in poor taste and a bad look if he feels the need to publicly critique the goalie in a game where he only allowed 2 goals.

I'm sure he thinks Blackwood could have had that one. If we lost that game, especially if he gave up another goal or two, I'm not saying he would have called him out for that goal, but I don't think he would have been so quick to publicly throw him a bone.

And it's like he said when Blackwood had the stinker against Boston. There's breakdowns every game that are always somebody's fault and it's up to the goalie to stop them or not. That one may not have been his fault, but I think it's safe to say he could have had it, but I doubt the coach is gonna make anything about it after the big win and him only allowing 2 goals overall.

That was actually one of the most Blackwood goals against there is. Typical shot from way out where he somehow can't find it, despite the fact that most goalies aren't screened on that. Not to mention questionable positioning on it as well.

That's what a lot of me doesn't understand why Blackwood isn't a better goalie than he is, as he's got so much size and girth, pucks should just hit him in the shoulder or to the sides that just clear average sized goalies.

Ben Bishop wasn't anything impressive athletically or even technically, but he had so much girth that he made a pretty good career out of pucks just hitting him. He would give up a lot of bad angle, low-ish danger stinkers, but lots of pucks hit him because there was so much of him and he had quite a few dominant years because of that and that alone. And he was made of glass and a chronic injury case, but it never seemed to really do anything to lessen his performance, until so many of them happened that he just couldn't play anymore.
I'm not saying he should say yeah he should've had them, I think outside of the two goals on 4 shots he played well, I said as much yesterday. He settled in and made some big saves. I just thought it was weird how Ruff specifically said neither were on him.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad