Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 5-2 (Pettersson, Miller)

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Brandon sutter to his left facing our goalie was Quinn Hughes. To his right was a Winnipeg forechecker. Blind back hand pass hand pass to jets played instead of Hughes lead to the late jets goal. Poor Hughes part of the reason why his minus is so deep is because of his team.

yes, Hughes is just unlucky every single game that we get scored on when hes on the ice. Just a terrible coincidence every game.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Baumgartner should’ve been gone long time ago, where the f*** did he learn to coach.

This is some shameless shit

If you have played for the organization, you get a job regardless of qualifications.

Cloutier
Malhotra
Baumgartner
Green
Linden
Higgens

etc etc etc.

Cant wait to see Zack Kassian as our next GM

Reactions: Peter10

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The combination of our ownership, front office, coaching staff, and the lack of fans makes this the easiest season to be apathetic for ever. Wake me up when this is over

Guess what.... we are salary capped next year. This is the exact same team next year too lol.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How much better do you guys think this exact same team is with a decent 3C, decent backup goalie, one of Gallant/Boudreau/Julien and no other changes?

I have us finishing 8-10th last right now as a benchmark for comparison.

I think if we could manage to get a defensman like Tanev, a goalie like Markstrom and maybe a decent scorer like Toffoli, we would be a playoff team....but I dunno, those players are hard to come by.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Boeser’s shot goes post and in games tied 2-2. Instead stays out and Jets score on the PP a couple minutes later. Need some luck sometimes because this team ain’t good enough to fight back from behind.

we are 0-13 when getting scored on first.....so yeah I think'aint good enough' is an understatement. we have never won when we get scored on first. Score a goal on us, turn the TV off

Reactions: bh53

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If you have played for the organization, you get a job regardless of qualifications.

Cloutier
Malhotra
Baumgartner
Green
Linden
Higgens

etc etc etc.

Cant wait to see Zack Kassian as our next GM

I have no complaints about Malhotra, and Higgins has some of the background to do well (it's still early). Nepotism isn't always awful....just usually.

Also, could Kassian be worse than Benning? I have my doubts.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
when sutter gave that puck away with 2.8 seconds left. i had a feeling they weren't gonna win.. holtby sucks goddamn. wake me up when this season ends...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Is the parade cancelled now
not at all. I am currently planning the route
bring-out-your-dead-gif.gif

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Playing in the toughest division will make our team better next season when we play in the Pacific with weak California teams and Arizon. Of course we still have Edmonton, but no longer have to get torched against Toronto, Montreal and Winnipeg with elite offence weapons and goaltending.

It's a good buy low opportunity because we got a lot of good young players. I just hope Green or a new coach can eliminate our team's obsession with perimeter hockey.

Last edited:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Playing in the toughest division will make our team better next season when we play in the Pacific with weak California teams and Arizon. Of course we still have Edmonton, but no longer have to get torched against Toronto, Montreal and Winnipeg with elite offence weapons and goaltending.

It's a good buy low opportunity because we got a lot of good young players. I just hope Green or a new coach can eliminate our team's obsession with perimeter hockey.

I hate to tell you this, but the division isn’t very good save for Toronto and maaaybe Edmonton

Nov 1, 2011
I think if we could manage to get a defensman like Tanev, a goalie like Markstrom and maybe a decent scorer like Toffoli, we would be a playoff team....but I dunno, those players are hard to come by.

Markstrom is on IR, again.

Tanev is the worst rated defenseman in Calgary (per daily face-off).

Toffoli has 4 points in his last 10 games and 7 points in the 15 games that they didn't play us while getting top line minutes and #1 PP duties.

I know the narrative is we really screwed up letting these guys go but the reality is we really didn't. The only deal that I would have liked is Toffoli but he hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard either.

Our team has issues but not having Markstrom on IR isn't one.

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
How many time have we seen this? Pettersson wide open and Hughes trying to shoot through 10 guys from the point. Like he did last night with 2 minutes left and an empty net. I think it's because he still has a fringe hope of being the top dog on the Canucks. Some sort of internal competition going on.

Reactions: hoglanderisbeast

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I hate to tell you this, but the division isn’t very good save for Toronto and maaaybe Edmonton
Montreal has one of the deepest forward groups in the NHL and Winnipeg has great forwards + Vezina goaltender. And of course, Edmonton and Toronto where the 2 best players in the world reside.

We are going to do better in the Pacific because California is 3 bad teams with old, unmotivated players. They are using random young players in the bottom 6 compared to strong teams like Montreal who have Phillip Danault and Corey Perry in their bottom 6. You must only tune in for Vancouver games.

Don't be surprised when we are top 4 next year challenging for #2 behind Vegas.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The death march resumes after a brief one game winning streak. Jets rediscovered how to handle the puck, and the Canucks were stuck coming from behind. Which they don't do this year.

--Who the hell does TSN3 have for Jets games? God those guys were annoying. And people say the Johns are bad.

--Good thing Juolevi is scratched. Boy, I'd hate to have to play the rookie and see if he can develop into anything useful at the NHL level. Yup, far better to have Hamonic and Benn rumbling around back there. Made a big difference when it mattered tonight...not.

--Hoglander still noticeable in a good way, but not showing up on the scoresheet. If the team played with half his energy, they'd be in playoff position.

--Holtby with another weak performance. Keep driving that tank, B.

--Hughes desperately needs a defensively solid partner and there's just none left. Honestly wouldn't be the worst idea to give him a few games as a forward and see what happens. Can't be any worse in his own zone.

--Sutter sucks.

--Coaching sucks. Got a good laugh when the colour guy on TSN was going on about Nolan Baumgartner's great hockey career. Almost as funny as him describing Hughes as a good dman in his own zone. Like...do you even hockey?

--Boeser was imho the best of the top 6 tonight.

Tank on, amigos.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How many time have we seen this? Pettersson wide open and Hughes trying to shoot through 10 guys from the point. Like he did last night with 2 minutes left and an empty net. I think it's because he still has a fringe hope of being the top dog on the Canucks. Some sort of internal competition going on.

I think he’s just a dumb dumb.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
To everyone thinking losses = a new GM. I’d like to remind you Benning got an extension after a losing season. Combine that with “I’m not making any changes” and we are stuck with him.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
It’s like the idea of resting/rotating players to keep guys fresh in a condensed season has never even occurred to him.
Benning and Green seem to be overmatched by their positions.

It's like they can't see past their predicament to perform all of their basic tasks with an attention to detail and care. It's just all coming at them at a 100 miles an hour and it's all they can do to hold on.

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad