Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 5-2 (Pettersson, Miller)

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
How much better do you guys think this exact same team is with a decent 3C, decent backup goalie, one of Gallant/Boudreau/Julien and no other changes?

I have us finishing 8-10th last right now as a benchmark for comparison.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Virtanen, Sutter, and Holtby are all done. They are hurting more than helping.
Edler isn’t far behind.
Time to purge.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Missed the game, got in a accident, what a day, and my 8-1 victory prediction looks ultra stupid now (as opposed to most of my preddies) :shakehead

Looking at the stats at least Hughes +/- didnt get worst :nod:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
How much better do you guys think this exact same team is with a decent 3C, decent backup goalie, one of Gallant/Boudreau/Julien and no other changes?

I have us finishing 8-10th last right now as a benchmark for comparison.
We could be better if we didnt have near 13M in Eriksson, Baertschi, and Ferland

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Missed the game, got in a accident, what a day, and my 8-1 victory prediction looks ultra stupid now (as opposed to most of my preddies) :shakehead

Looking at the stats at least Hughes +/- didnt get worst :nod:
Are you gonna be a parent?
Jokes aside hope you’re doing fine.

we have two guys on this board who’s injured rn

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Are you gonna be a parent?
Jokes aside hope you’re doing fine.

we have two guys on this board who’s injured rn

Three. After seven years of Benning . . .

563f5466ea516f0dd46383cd9658d8a6.gif

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Green has no answers post game, but he sure loves to remind everyone even though his team didnt play well, the other team has something to say about it.

Reactions: bh53

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I didn't get to see the 2nd or 3rd period but Miller talking about effort all of a sudden is funny.

He clearly has upped his give a shit meter the last few games but it's nowhere long enough of a stretch where it would make sense for him to call out other guys lol

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Green sends Sutter as out as an extra attacker. How is this guy not another Willie? Seattle can go ahead an hire him
He's not as bad as Willie, that's why he hasn't quite received the same heat. I'm no Green fan but I'll tell you, Willie was another level of awful. That being said, maybe having better players insulates Green a bit. I don't know.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Absolutely horrific coaching and bench management.

Pettersson should have been up around 22-24 minutes tonight in a must-win game we were chasing.
Not to mention Sutter who continued to tank the 3rd line when he could have moved either Roussel or McEwen up to get 3 lines going.

Also Benn in the back to back over Juolevi is criminal, Both him and Edler looked ancient

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whew!.....was slightly worried that the tank might be in jeopardy.

As far as some individual performances, Holtby didn't give the Canucks NHL goaltending. But he had a lot of company. Watching Edler and Myers in these back-to-backs is like watching two guys skating in cement. Why do they refuse to use Juolevi? Other teams use their taxi squads so much more effectively, particularly when the schedule gets tough.

Sutter had a nightmarish night.....I mean giving up a goal with two ticks left on the clock in the second period, is just not acceptable in the NHL. Obviously Sutter was out there for defensive purposes, but he's another guy who's skating falls off a cliff in the second night of a back to back.

But of course for reasons known only to the coach, Hoglander was stapled to a line with Gaudette and Sutter for most of the night. Hoglander has been their most consistent forward, but leaving him with those two guys is like watching a thoroughbred with a couple of Shetland ponies.

It'll be such a relief to see a new coaching group behind the bench for next season. It just drives you nuts watching this guy behind the bench night after night. These players and the fans need a change.

Yourwifeson

Dec 19, 2019
He's not as bad as Willie, that's why he hasn't quite received the same heat. I'm no Green fan but I'll tell you, Willie was another level of awful. That being said, maybe having better players insulates Green a bit. I don't know.
Is he better? We are having a historically bad season. Willie managed to get more out of less in my opinion. They probably are about the same. I dont think the gap is that largd between them

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not to mention Sutter who continued to tank the 3rd line when he could have moved either Roussel or McEwen up to get 3 lines going.

Also Benn in the back to back over Juolevi is criminal, Both him and Edler looked ancient

It’s like the idea of resting/rotating players to keep guys fresh in a condensed season has never even occurred to him.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Sutter with a brutal turnover for that backbreaking goal against. Sutter out with some 2:00min left when the team needed 2 goals.

Yeah.
Sutter at 17:00ish marknof the 3rd is classic classic lazy Sutter.

Lazy boardwork then floats back.

But the he shows that flash. When he went around the Dman to get his chance and it has people thinking hes more tham he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad