Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 1, 2011
Meh, win some and lose some.

Decent game but we should have been able to lock down the win in the 3rd prior to giving up 3 straight goals.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
LOL Holtby and Demko have almost identical stats. Their results are essentially the same. You can quibble about Holtby being overpaid but it's amusing to see so many feelings about him expressed in this thread.

No, he wasn't good tonight, I'll say more when I review the goals because I was doing calculations for school rather than really watching.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I can see why so many teams gave up on Miller. All the skill in the world isn't enough to make up for a crap attitude and lazy play.

Also, worth repeating again.

Brock Boeser is 2nd in league goal scoring and all he does on the PP is play catch with Miller or pass to Bo. Some Big Brain meme stuff there.

Newell Brown hasn't had an original thought since 2010. He's entirely coasting off good players.

Reactions: JiffyPB

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
OJ was looking good with 12 minutes through 2 but only plays 1 minute of the third. Tough with the penalties but just gets lost in the shuffle.
they can only win so many games when qh and oj are huge liabilities at es and edler can’t effectively defend in transition anymore

really need another nate schmidt in the top four

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Nucks are three points back of the Habs but they have played five more games. Playoffs aren’t going to happen unless the team goes on a huge run.
I mean, I don't think the Habs are very good at all, I'm not convinced they'll make the playoffs either. But if they do, it'll be because our goaltending gave it to them

Reactions: lawrence

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Did Jake even play? I honestly don't remember a single shift.

It's amazing how Roussel continues to stay in the lineup ahead of MacEwen (and even Hawryluk/Michealis).

I mean it won't change the outcome of the game but c'mon lol

lawrence

May 19, 2012
OJ was looking good with 12 minutes through 2 but only plays 1 minute of the third. Tough with the penalties but just gets lost in the shuffle.

we were chasing a lead once again, so his ice time obviously got cut down. Blame the team, poor Hoglander and Juolevi. Those guys getting punished because of the team.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
And honest effort by the Canucks, but bottom line is they got a single point and gave up four points to a team they'll have to somehow beat out of a playoff spot. You keep losing these two and three game series and sooner or later you run out of runway, and that's coming up quickly.

On to the Oilers for a two game set, and you're almost hoping for a sweep in regulation for the Oilers so you can finally put this season to bed. I'd really like to see some lineup changes. You have to start setting the table for next season.

Reactions: xtra and mossey3535

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Nucks are three points back of the Habs but they have played five more games. Playoffs aren’t going to happen unless the team goes on a huge run.

Have you checked the predicted points needed???? We need to legit play above .800 hockey from now on lol.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why exactly did we spend $4.3MM on Holtby?

Someone please explain it to me, haven't gotten a reasonable explanation since the signing. Does not move the needle for the team.

He was good 3 years ago and has a Cup ring. Typical Jim Benning pro scouting.

It’s obviously not completely his fault whatsoever, but I have seen completely enough of Holtby, He just gives me absolutely zero confidence, everygame.

Honest question, is Holtby actually any better than Louis Domingue?

Reactions: Mr4legs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad