Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
IOhJkQd.png

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Feel like that’s the first game all year I can definitively say our goaltending cost us the game. We were the better team and played a really strong game - a few groaners from Holtby and that’s all she wrote.

That Calgary OTL was also not a great goaltending performance either. Both the first goal when Demko's on his knees early and the bad misread on the OT goal.

Green just struggles to platoon these guys. Either one guy plays well and then Green just inexplicably goes to the other guy or he just rides 1 guy a game too long. Just how it is this year.

Reactions: mossey3535

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
We gamble, and we lost, better options available, we went for a boom or bust, and got the bust

There is no boom when you pay $4.3MM x 2 years, with an expansion unfriendly 2nd year, for a goalie who has been in a sharp 3 year decline posting an average of .890 over those years.

If you want .895 goaltending, just sign someone for $850k and upgrade the rest of your roster.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
conclusions

Dubois is a beast.

Holtby is not good

Roussel is toast

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hellybuck has concussion symptoms after taking that shot from EP40.

mcEwan is a better fighter than I thought after watching him fight a few times so far this season.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Damn Pettersson hattrick was in the cards. Really would've been a nice end to the week. Oh well

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pettersson, with 11 even strength points through the entire season so far.

Gradient Jersey is a curse, this goes back to when we had the original gradient jerseys. I'm starting to remember now. Even when our WCE was torching the score board, we would lose quite a bit dawning those jerseys.

Reactions: mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad