Post-Game Talk: Jets "Crush" Wild In Game 2 - Jets 4 Wild 1

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The NHL should allow each team to have a goon in the box, that you can access once a game. Each coach has a button and when pressed, a goon pops out of a box and fights.

Sunday, Winnik on the ice, goon button pressed and Tony P steps out and does the one thing he did better than most.

Buff will tag him before this series is over for taking liberties on a much smaller player.
Lol ... I can see Vince McMahon starting a new hockey league.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...

I agree with this, and if I were Maurice, I'd call up Brendan Lemieux for a couple games, and I'd tell him to deal with Winnik. I think he'd take him on quite easily. We can't let the message get around we can be intimidated like this.

While I agree with the sentiment that Winnik acted like a cheap POS, I don't think we were anywhere near intimated. We certainly don't need to call up anyone to take care of Winnik.

Reactions: one other person

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
with his one shoulder?
Matt's gotta be out for a while
I’d kinda forgotten about him tbh until someone mentioned him. He has been part of the interesting progression the Jets have made this year. If he can recover in time, hopefully he’ll be available for the team should the need arise and I hope it doesn’t.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I have a feeling that because of the shenanigans at the end of the game, PoMo inserts Hendo for game 3.

I sure hope not. We absolutely dominated. Who cares if Winnick and Hendricks dance, I want to dominate hockey games and win, not throw in a 30+ veteran who plays 9 minutes a night and hasn't played an NHL game in over a month.

Reactions: Gotaf7

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Dumba will be talking to himself and have nightmares when this series is over, he can't handle those types of minutes especially if the Jets continue to go at him, his neck got a work out tonight.

They should test spurgeon as well...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So, this kind of shellacking.

gameShots-2018-04-13-2017030162-MINatWPG.png

Also...

seeler.png

tumblr_n1mzbeBnoq1re1ut0o1_500.gif

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
That Byfuglien hit on Koivu might be the hardest legal hit I've seen in this era of NHL hockey.

Funnily enough, this hit was referred to yesterday in the broadcast. Apparently, Stone was asked about this hit the day after it happened, and to no one's surprise, the answer was "I hurt everything."

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
What I loved about that play was just prior to the hit, Koivu was buzzing around our net and our defenders were trying to take the puck off him. I was literally yelling, "somebody just take the body, never mind the puck!" Then comes Buff with that bone crunching check. Loved it.

Yeah, Koivu was looking extremely dangerous. Great hit by Buff. And he supposedly let go a bit? :amazed: And Koivu is a strong dude himself who's strong on his skates. Buff hitting someone sized like Kane or Marner with full force would probably be life ending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad