Post-Game Talk: Jets "Crush" Wild In Game 2 - Jets 4 Wild 1

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The Jets speed reduced the Wild's gaps to canyon sized chasms last night. Might as well ice 3 goalies.

I don't see how that changes. Dumba and Spurgeon can't handle those minutes against players like that.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
This isn't the last century, put in the player that will help you win games, not fights.

I agree, put in someone that can send Winnik a message--that way we'll be keeping "players in the game", that can help us win games, and not losing them because some goon wants to break their face, and extinguish them for the series.

The game should be decided on talent, but when a team uses goon tactics to intimidate your smaller guys--you have to address that, or you give them the upper hand.

How would you feel if it was Ehlers and the guy broke his jaw, and out for the rest of the year--"get my point." ???

Last edited:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
While I agree with the sentiment that Winnik acted like a cheap POS, I don't think we were anywhere near intimated. We certainly don't need to call up anyone to take care of Winnik.

I do agree we don't "have to" call up anybody, as Buff, Lowry, Chiarot, or Trouba could do the job--and I hope they will, and not leave it slide by and do nothing, because they'll do it again, and the next time it may be Ehlers or Connor, and we can't afford that-right ??

Last edited:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
LOL We certainly don't need to alter our lineup because of Daniel Winnik. I'll review the tape but I believe Tanev was a willing participant because he is a tough little SOB. He got pummelled and Winnik certainly took liberties and went with the smallest guy instead of dancing with Buff or Lowry but he is a non-factor and so is Seeler or whatever the scrub's name who tried to start that crap with Armia until big Ben stepped in. The Jets are not in the least bit intimidated by Boudreau's attempt at goonery and it is a road that the Minnesota Mild would be fools to travel down.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
LOL We certainly don't need to alter our lineup because of Daniel Winnik. I'll review the tape but I believe Tanev was a willing participant because he is a tough little SOB. He got pummelled and Winnik certainly took liberties and went with the smallest guy instead of dancing with Buff or Lowry but he is a non-factor and so is Seeler or whatever the scrub's name who tried to start that crap with Armia until big Ben stepped in. The Jets are not in the least bit intimidated by Boudreau's attempt at goonery and it is a road that the Minnesota Mild would be fools to travel down.

I agree as well. I think we want Tanev to be the guy dancing with Winnik and not Buff or Lowry. We need our key players to stay out of the knuckle dusting in the playoffs as punching a helmet can ruin a hand really fast.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
American report card

Helly is just rock solid which is not always easy when you stand around doing nothing for long periods.

Copp is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He is so Fing smart that I always know he is going to have a sound shift. Very jacked he was rewarded with a goal going hard to the net.

What a playoff debut for Rosie. He was all over the ice and chipped in two apples.....love that kids game (6 points in his last 4 games but who’s counting).

A very good summation by our brilliant poster PS 241-- I have to say I really agree with his comment on Copp --the guy impresses me a lot as well. He plays with a lot of intensity, has good size and speed, and looks like his goal scoring touch is coming back. He lost it for awhile during the season, but it's back now, and he's on a roll. He may keep developing into quite a star for the Jets. I like his game a lot-- beautiful tip in goal-- from a slick pass from "Rosloviv" who should stay in the lineup, and have Perrault sit for awhile or replace Tanev if he's ready.

Last edited:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

You may be right Gingy-- but I didn't like to see a 220 lb. Winnik punching a 160 lb guy like Tanev in the face and nobody coming in to help out Tanev. If Lemieux were on the ice, he would have taken care of Winnik, or let him know he'll have to answer if he picks on our smaller guys. We just can't have this !!!

There's no telling what Lemmy would have done -- that's the problem.:)

I think Tanev is a handful no matter who he's fighting. He's small, but Tasmanian.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

This is just it. Bringing in a dumbass (which I'm not sure the Jets really have tbh, a goon) would be just to make ourselves feel better. The Wild physicality between the whistles is basically a non-factor. All they can do is try shit after the whistle and 100 feet away from the puck.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I am sure the Jets are laughing off Winnick and that other useless scrubb. We are thus far winning the physical edge and some of the Minny guys are already avoiding contact with Buff. We play big and fastand hard to play against.

I had an absolute blast at the game last night.

Reactions: ps241

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I had that tweet still open from earlier with the picture of bettman in the stands. He re-tweeted Michael Russo who apparently thinks Dumba might be hurt. Man that'd be a huge blow for them given how many minutes he's been playing. He's handled them pretty well... for at least the first 40 minutes of the games.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I agree as well. I think we want Tanev to be the guy dancing with Winnik and not Buff or Lowry. We need our key players to stay out of the knuckle dusting in the playoffs as punching a helmet can ruin a hand really fast.
Willing to bet that was probably tanevs first fight

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Last thing Jets need to worry about is Wild throwing a temper tantrum at the end there. They still want to try and make this a series and they'll be playing their best kept game, not starting shot for fun. Keep the same lineup baby

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...

I was shown this YouTube video posted on the main GDT forum.

It has a different angle and Tanev did go after Winnik twice. He was trying to pull him off guys, but still was very involved.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
If anyone thinks any member of the Jets is intimidated by Winnik, watch an episode of hockey wives featuring Winnik’s wife.

Winnik is a little softie and last night was pure desperation for him to keep his career going. Anyone his size would frypan his face, if anything Winnik is shatting his tight jeans knowing what’s coming tomorrow

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Aye. We just witnessed one of the most dominant showings in recent history. The Wild had no answer for anything that the Jets put forth. No clue how removing skill and adding a pylon amounts to a net gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->