Post-Game Talk: Jets "Crush" Wild In Game 2 - Jets 4 Wild 1

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Who are you taking out?

Well Sip--at least Gramps can fight--maybe take out Tanev for 1 game, and sick Gramps on Winnik--I'm sure he can handle him !!! Gramps is really tough. To bad it has to resort to this, as Tanev is very effective.

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
Hendriks is not seeing the ice unless there are a lot more injuries. Take out an effective forechecker, who plays a solid defensive game, for a guy that barely fits in the depth chart? A win is a lot more important than possibly ‘sending a message’.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Well Sip--at least Gramps can fight--maybe take out Tanev for 1 game, and sick Gramps on Winnik--I'm sure he can handle him !!! Gramps is really tough. To bad it has to resort to this, as Tanev is very effective.

Winnik should have been thrown out long before he got to Tanev. And Tanev answered the bell against a much larger opponent, which is all you can ask. I don't care who wins the fights, I care who wins the games. If that classless Boudreau wants to pull this shit, we'll just laugh at them as they watch from the sidelines in a few days.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
I
Hendriks is not seeing the ice unless there are a lot more injuries. Take out an effective forechecker, who plays a solid defensive game, for a guy that barely fits in the depth chart? A win is a lot more important than possibly ‘sending a message’.
If anything, Tanev out and Perrault in. This team does not currently need any extra glue.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Who are you taking out?

I hope no one comes out, we have dummied them 2 games in a row with skill, speed and physicality. Hopefully PoMo can resist his temptation. If anyone comes it will be Roslo.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Late to the party but thanks for the GDT theme, @Zhamnov5GoalGame. As a TV addict (aka person without a life) I watched pretty much all of those shows. Reminded me of a few I had forgotten about. Of course, objectively TV now is much, much better. I would probably cringe now watching some of these. But, nostalgia... It was like a walk down memory lane. Or in the case of Baywatch, mammary lane. :laugh:

my personal faves:
Manimal
Automan
We've Got it Made
You Again?
Warewolf

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

This isn't the last century, put in the player that will help you win games, not fights.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
American report card:

Copp is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He is so Fing smart that I always know he is going to have a sound shift. Very jacked he was rewarded with a goal going hard to the net.

Totally agree ... I never realized how good he is. A lot of GMs will be targeting the Jets players once their contracts are up.

Last edited:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
so let me get this straight...
some posters advocate putting Hendricks in the line-up so he can take coincidental fighting majors with Winnick to teach Winnick some lesson that the scoreboard or series lead can't teach Winnick?

this is almost as bad as my patient who, this morning, said the Leafs should put Martin into the line-up. like, do intelligent people actually think this way or are they just punking us?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

not-sure-if-serious-gif-1.gif

Death128

Apr 15, 2007
Winnipeg
I enjoyed the wild coming at the jets the last bit. I hope they make a game out of the next two. The goal and fights are the most appropriate response to being blown out. Dunno why we're all so mad here. It's as if we don't know hockey anymore in Winnipeg .

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
One skates fast, one just puts the puck in the net. Tough decision here
Well the fast skater also happened to score 29 goals, so a little more love probably is in order.

He had most of the Wild D wetting their pants every time he wound it up last night as well. It's insane how much he opens up the ice for others with is skating.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Would be shocked to see Minne put up much of a fight after last night's domination by the Jets.

Love the directness of Copp playing with Little and Roslovic.

Reactions: GNP

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
The NHL should allow each team to have a goon in the box, that you can access once a game. Each coach has a button and when pressed, a goon pops out of a box and fights.

Sunday, Winnik on the ice, goon button pressed and Tony P steps out and does the one thing he did better than most.

Buff will tag him before this series is over for taking liberties on a much smaller player.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
What a nice problem to have ... a supply of defencemen you can plug when someone does down without missing a beat. And we still have AHL D-man of the year in Niku and everyone's favorite Logan Stanley is having a good playoff in the OHL with 2 Goals 7 Assists including a GWG.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I'm liking this Myers beast mode thing, he's been nasty.

Laine has been so impressive, he's playing like he knows how much better he is than anyone on the Wild. He's been a force.

The Jets gaps and puck support were off the charts last night. Anyone who still wants to claim this is a poorly coached team needs their head examined. Last night was what happens when you have oodles of talent and a coach who gets them to play to the level of that talent. Remember when people said Maurice couldn't figure out how to get his team to breakout? (looks in mirror).......yeah, about that.

The Wild are a good team, the Jets are in another class.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
The NHL should allow each team to have a goon in the box, that you can access once a game. Each coach has a button and when pressed, a goon pops out of a box and fights.

Sunday, Winnik on the ice, goon button pressed and Tony P steps out and does the one thing he did better than most.

Buff will tag him before this series is over for taking liberties on a much smaller player.
You can choose a goon from another organisation to boot?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad