Post-Game Talk: Jets "Crush" Wild In Game 2 - Jets 4 Wild 1

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I could here the chirping back a f forth but couldn’t quite make out what they were saying......I kept asking the people around me.

The 300 level sections were chanting their section numbers.
Someone started it on the other side of the building and then 316 sort of took down the championship.

People were still doing those chants on the way out of the building.

The 300 level also did the wave for a few minutes without help from the lower bowl... it took them quite a while to catch on.

Reactions: ps241

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Partially agree but in Helle’s case I think St Croix gets the kudos for recognising his promise. Watching Morrow at first really concerned me but he has definitely thrown the switch. Great find for depth. My old avatar may make a comeback after we win the cup.......Enjoy the ride!

Well don't forget--I think it would be Chevy that hired St. Croix--my point is that Chevy has a great eye for people and their assessing abilities. He sees the potential in people.

BTW- I hope we win the Cup, so I can see your old Avatar again--keep warm down their in Mexico--that's where I should be. Food there gives me cramps and stomach gas ?? - but I love the heat and the ocean, and friendly people.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
And then gave fly by violin, why give the other team bulletin board stuff?
LOL they can have the biggest bulletin board they want. They gave us their all and it still looked like men against...

Minnie_Mouse.png

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I have a feeling that because of the shenanigans at the end of the game, PoMo inserts Hendo for game 3.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
This guy is playing so well right now - maybe better than Trouba.

Agree. Trouba has been shit this series. Game 1 he was literally skating in circles... I was wondering if he was still concussed.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
you are probably the first person other than maybe Daniel Winnick's mother to ever describe him as "classy", and if she had your email address, she'd probably be composing an email right now to correct you.

i do congratulate you for being able to see a silver lining on a stick of ****. There is nothing that Winnick did there that was classy. he kept on punching Tanev when Tanev was down. he is one of the scummier players in the league. He's Matt Martin with ice time. He's Tie Domi with human chromosomes. He's Nazem Kadri with only one discernable skill. He's Brad Marchand's smegma.

In a few hours, i'll come back and tell you how I really feel about Daniel Winnick. for now, that will have to do.

Classy sure isn’t Winnik sucker punching Tanev at the start of the assault!

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

Great post here by Sip--and I totally agree. In the playoffs you need bigger, more physical D-men to clear the front of the net, and be physical in the corners. Chiarot and Morrow are perfect, and they also bring good back end scoring. Chiarot can also drop the gloves when needed to protect the smaller guys-"he's quite tough."

Toby is good to skate the puck out, make good exit passes, but really lacks the toughness and size we'll need to go all the way in the playoffs. Let Toby sit, and if we sign him next year--no more than $ 1 mil per year--("just as a backup.)" He's to small and fragile, and we can win without him--"no problem."

The beauty is, though, that Enstrom will be VERY useful against a team like Tampa Bay or Pittsburgh. So I'm fine with resting Toby now and letting him completely heal up in preparation for the more skilled teams. Sure doesn't hurt to have starting quality depth for a long playoff run.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Is the viewing party outdoors on Sunday
I heard a meeting is planned to discuss on Monday... which doesn't really address the needs for a game on Sunday! :)

Anybody know if TNSE is considering opening up BellMTS Place to view away games on the scoreboard (assuming no other events are scheduled of course)? Could donate a nominal entry fee to a worthy charity (i.e. Humboldt)? Could also make some scratch on concessions. Just a thought...

Reactions: GNP

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I’ve been watching the Jets since the very beginning, 1972, and this group they have right now is, I think, the best hockey team to have ever played in Winnipeg.
I'd say that Avco Cup team is pretty comparable but you aren't making a crazy claim. This team is impressive.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Weather bulletin update - there is supposed to be 1.5 feet of snow in Minneapolis- yikes--I sure hope this doesn't affect our troops. I hope there there right now :eek:

Reactions: sipowicz

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Late to the party but thanks for the GDT theme, @Zhamnov5GoalGame. As a TV addict (aka person without a life) I watched pretty much all of those shows. Reminded me of a few I had forgotten about. Of course, objectively TV now is much, much better. I would probably cringe now watching some of these. But, nostalgia... It was like a walk down memory lane. Or in the case of Baywatch, mammary lane. :laugh:

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad