GDT: Jets @ Caps - 2/6/2014 7 PM

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Good on the Caps for getting a win. Brouwer with another goal in just a few games. And the Bear Cubs coming through on D and of course Wilson. Neuvy ill again? Oh well, at least Holtby gets a game and of course Ovi.

Now the bad news. Caps are no closer to a playoff spot since everyone else in the hunt won 'cept for the NYR. Caps will not be in a playoff spot before the break and Bruce Laich sure had me believing they would be.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Holtby haters from the other threads here? Nice step in the right direction. Hope he goes on a little run here.

Yup, I'm here. He looked good tonight, he has done that in the past too. He still got beat short side above his glove, though this was a good shot. I still dont like that is where he got beat though.

Both goalies have now looked good in their last few games. Question is will they keep it up. I still have very little confidence in Holey and am only slightly more confident in Neuvy. Once they've kept it up for 15 or 20 games I'll feel better.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I didn't watch the entire game but he looked sharp to me. particularly early in the game when the saves were really important. I think that right now, both of the goaltenders are going well. I think it would be a mistake to staple one of them to the bench for any extended period of time.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Please. Buddha's glove hand is weaker than Braden's.

Who can say what's good and what's bad? Maybe whoever shot it needed to do so, and by allowing it I have improved his karma and therefore my own. If I do not stop the puck, is it really a goal? Does the Universe care if I let in one, ten or a hundred pucks? No. In the end it is all the same.

Buddha is a crappy goaltender.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Jesus Christ wouldn't have stopped that puck.

Dont agree it was that good at all. It was a very good shot. However, Holtby is notorious at this point for leaving room on his short side and he gets beat there almost every game. This was a good shot and a hard save, however, it was still short side, and all I'm saying is that still bothers me.

More of the goal was on Mojo though who was terribly out of position. I'm just saying I do not like how regularly he is out of position on the short side.

Burakovsky95*

You don't need to rush to throw excuses, it was a great shot, but certainly not unstoppable. Didn't fault Holtby for a second personally.

Come on. Dominik Hasek in his prime doesn't stop that puck. No one picked up Buff coming into the zone and he had oodles of time to place it.

Liberati0n*

He's trying so hard not to bash Holtby but he just can't resist.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Come on. Dominik Hasek in his prime doesn't stop that puck. No one picked up Buff coming into the zone and he had oodles of time to place it.

You never know. I don't fault Holtby at all on that goal, but to say so-and-so wouldn't stop it just doesn't make any sense. You don't know how a certain goaltender would position himself on that shot.

For all you know, some terrible goalie would have stopped that puck but Ryan Miller may have let it in. There's just no telling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad