GDT: Jets @ Caps - 2/6/2014 7 PM

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
wildfowl.jpg

Jets have turned into a trapping team. Expect a snoozzer.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets expected lines:

Ladd - Little - Frolik
Thorburn (yes really) - Scheifele - Wheeler
Setoguchi - Jokinen - Byfuglien
Tangradi - Wright - Peluso

Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Pardy - Ellerby

Pavelec
Montoya

Scratches : O'Dell, Redmond

Injuries : Halischuk (arm), Slater (hernia), Clitsome (back), Kane (hand)

Postma on a conditioning stint at the farm

For you guys, Neuvirth gets the start, and this:

@kcarrera: Brouillette and Wey will play as the third pairing. Green and Erskine are out.

Liberati0n*

Pavelec is probably the worst starting goalie in the league. His contract is also hilarious.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
One team is right in the thick of the playoff hunt. The other team is the Capitals.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Well - one thing for sure tonight - Erskine won't be on ice for another goal against. Thank goodness for last change - not that the coaching staff is that sharp anyway.

:baghead:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Orlov-Carrick
Alzner-Carlson
Brouillette-Wey

Do I have that right?

:biglaugh: what a ****ing joke of an organization this is.

This defense should get us to atleast ECF. :scared:

For anyone still holding hope this team gets somewhere, be glad that Kane is out. He is always on fire against us.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
True. Capitals are out by 3. Jets 2.

That one point makes all the difference.

No being in the tougher West-- in a division where the top 3 have more points than everyone in the East except the Pens-- and still winning 9 of your last 11 is what makes a difference. Especially compared to the ****show the Caps have put on for the last 2 months.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Winnipeg also only has three teams to jump over compared to five. It's not even the points back so much as the trendlines and remaining schedule.

The Caps will need a 108+ point pace in the final 25 games to hit 92 points. Even that may not be good enough considering their low ROW total. Even if they somehow take the next two games while short-handed and heal up over the break I can't see them going something like 12-6-5 the rest of the way to hit 92 points.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
If they really wanted to recall Schilling couldn't they have put Green and Volpatti on IR?

Volpatti was put on LTIR. With him on LTIR and Strachan down, there is only 1.3 million in available space for call-ups. Not enough room for Schmidt or Schilling plus another body for Erskine replacement.

They could put Green on LTIR, but he would have to miss a total of ten games and 24 days.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
AHL website is a POS. Half the pages don't even load.

Really? I've never really encountered any problems with the new redesigned site. The older site was extremely bad and this site usability wise is actually not that bad. The AHL app is also decent for being a minor league app. It gives you game scoring updates for any team you sign up for which is nice. The Hershey Bears app on the other hand is a POS. They could do so much more with it and half the stuff doesn't work

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Volpatti was put on LTIR. With him on LTIR and Strachan down, there is only 1.3 million in available space for call-ups. Not enough room for Schmidt or Schilling plus another body for Erskine replacement.

They could put Green on LTIR, but he would have to miss a total of ten games and 24 days.

I'm guess that is 24 active days not counting the Olympic roster freeze. In that case it makes sense.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Really? I've never really encountered any problems with the new redesigned site. The older site was extremely bad and this site usability wise is actually not that bad. The AHL app is also decent for being a minor league app. It gives you game scoring updates for any team you sign up for which is nice. The Hershey Bears app on the other hand is a POS. They could do so much more with it and half the stuff doesn't work

You should check it, its down.

Either way I figure I won't even be able too find out from the website, but what pairings do Wey and Brouillette even play on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad