GDT: Jets @ Caps - 2/6/2014 7 PM

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Is that actually Troy Brouwer? Or is it Trois Broojer our new Finnish product? Just asking because the Troy Brouwer i know that's been playing all season hasn't done that.

edamer

Feb 22, 2012
Edmonton made it 2-1! Pretty much no other game is going in caps favor tonight.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I turned it off after two. Can somebody describe the goals in the 3rd to me?

2nd goal Brouillette gets the pass shoots from the point and bounces off the end boards.

3rd goal Alzner shoots from the point, scramble in front with Backstrom fighting in front and OV with the finish.

4th goal backhand by Brouwer from Johanssson.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You just have to hope this is a "turn the corner" game and not a "kick the can down the road" game.

RitzyLunatic

Aug 23, 2013
Porto, Portugal
Could the team have voided Laich contract for getting hurt playing overseas? Or was there some deal in place?

Don't really know, maybe it depends on what was signed in the contract.

I'm sure that's why Forsberg's bounced back and forth between the AHL and the NHL all year. Not defending Erat or Laich, just sayin.

I prefer the bad instead of the awful. Don't you?

rumschlag182

Jun 3, 2012
Indiana
No wonder this team struggles to score. They can't even hit a open net when they are wide open. That was pathetic.. At least we got a win and Ovi has 40....

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Strong 3rd to pull that one out of the fire. Not sure if thats good long term, but oh well. Glad to see us active in front of the net and get rewarded, TB hitting the net and getting rewarded, and some young guys playing decent at times. Erks can stay where he is IMO.

Oh and Ovie gets another. shooting for 60

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Guys don't look like they don't care. Maybe with different coaches they would play better.

Brouwer is getting around 20G/season pace probably, right? Had a good game. MJ too (excluding that GA).

George will not trade him (Troy) now.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Huzzah. The ol' GMGM twofer: win a game from four goals by righty wingers and a patchwork defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad