GDT: Jets @ Caps - 2/6/2014 7 PM

Liberati0n*

Don't know about this Bufflin guy but Byfuglien had a pretty ok night.

Never heard of Byfuglien. I only watched a few minutes of each period so I can't really say whether Bufflin played well.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Awesome win and much needed. AHL D and steady goaltending ftw.

:handclap: to Brouwer (silencing the haters for a night), Ovy (40 is silly), Wilson (8 mins whoa!)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ovi of 4 years ago whips that puck into the empty net.

Willy continues his little offensive surge with a nice goal. He seems to like that slot and has earned a chance to pot a PPG.

I liked the club fiddy something D pairing.

Vladiator16*

Never heard of Byfuglien. I only watched a few minutes of each period so I can't really say whether Bufflin played well.

:laugh:

Nice effort in the 3rd, glad Holtby was on tonight, starting to be a big fan of Orlov.

I guess, they just don't tank well either...

Edit: Congrats to OV on 40, keep it going.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Maybe I had my beer goggles on but third pairing looked better than I've seen in awhile. Carrick slowly progressing? Lies!

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Hey look, Brouwer showed up today and we won. What a coincidence. Cool that Wilson managed to get a goal in his 13 seconds of ice time, too.

Also hilarious that two plugs from Hershey were an obvious upgrade over John Erskine.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Ovi of 4 years ago would be leading the league by 12 points, and everyone not named Crosby by 24

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Hey look, Brouwer showed up today and we won. What a coincidence. Cool that Wilson managed to get a goal in his 13 seconds of ice time, too.

Also hilarious that two plugs from Hershey were an obvious upgrade over John Erskine.

Don't believe everything you see, if you were correct you would be in the game. Just a matter of time before Erskine is back in the lineup and bringing us important intangibles like...like....we need to ask someone in the game.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Don't believe everything you see, if you were correct you would be in the game. Just a matter of time before Erskine is back in the lineup and bringing us important intangibles like...like....we need to ask someone in the game.

Totally agree! If he were in the game he would see that Erskine brings....

Burakovsky95*

Holtby haters from the other threads here? Nice step in the right direction. Hope he goes on a little run here.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I wish I was in the game so I could finally see what Erskine brings to the table.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
The goalie says F- it, Im going to the bench.. Caps still can't put one in from further than 7' away.. :laugh:

Willy!!! Hope your ice doesn't get reduced for show boating!! Curl-n-drag goals by our 4th line "isn't who we are"...

Nice regulation win!! I could see all their chins draggin the ice as soon as Erat scored.. Figured they were done for. Feels good to be wrong for a change. :yo:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Leonsis doesn't look good at all. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

I think he looks fine here: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000240379

He's got to have a lot on his shoulders with all the businesses he is involved with.

Hard decisions can make you look tired. :( His decisions are far reaching and have greater impact than the minor decisions you or I have to make.

Sometimes the simple life is the easier life. Fewer thoughts keeping you up at night.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
No problems with that game from me... it's sad that some minor league no name players looked far superior to Erskine though.

Also I've *****ed a ton about Carrick but that definitely was his best game in the league

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Notice where all 4 goals were scored? Either in close or on rebounds. Go to the net.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's also, get pucks to the net.

The players with no coaching whatsoever, would finally figure out to go to the net since they have no where else to go.

Its the oldest play in hockey.

I am going to throw the puck towards the net, and you go to the net at the same time. Ah, lightbulb.

Hold it for a moment, and work the screen. Pattern full, fake the shot and pass it to the guy headed to the goal. Throw it at the pillows and watch the juicy rebound.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Brouwer of last season showed up. Shame that only happens against the Thrashers.

Trade Green, this Broiler kid is better.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Ovechkin's goal last night, his 411th of his career, moved him ahead of Ray Bourque into 83rd on the all-time goal scoring list.

Kovalchuk is 6 goals away, Kovalev is 19 goals away, and Bure is 26 goals away.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
It's also, get pucks to the net.

Its the oldest play in hockey.

I am going to throw the puck towards the net, and you go to the net at the same time. Ah, lightbulb.

Hold it for a moment, and work the screen. Pattern full, fake the shot and pass it to the guy headed to the goal. Throw it at the pillows and watch the juicy rebound.

Stop - you are making Marcus Johansson's mind explode.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Ovechkin's goal last night, his 411th of his career, moved him ahead of Ray Bourque into 83rd on the all-time goal scoring list.

Kovalchuk is 6 goals away, Kovalev is 19 goals away, and Bure is 26 goals away.

He's also on pace to take over several franchise records before the end of next season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Stop - you are making Marcus Johansson's mind explode.

When he made the pass to Brouwer from the side of the net for the first goal... that's the closest you'll ever see MJ90 to the crease.

He makes great passes like that, then follows them up with multiple stinkers and turnovers that don't even carry a reward factor to justify the risk. It happened again last night. He hates contact from what I can tell. And he'll lose the puck or fling it away if anyone gets close to him.

Softest player on the team. Even Backstrom hits people, sometimes hard. I know some put no faith at all in these stats, but I think MJ90 has the worst combination of hits, blocks and plus/minus of any regular player. Individually they may not mean much, but combined against the rest of the team and along with what we see, it adds up to a Charmin soft goldbricker that makes Semin look like Doug Gilmour by comparison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad