GDT: Jets @ Canucks • Mon Mar 14, 9PM [No tank talk in GDT please]

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
At this point in the season it might not be a bad idea to artificially inflate Postma's value by having him play with a better Dman and see if we can trade him in the off season for something like a 4th or 5th round pick.

Trading away vets for picks is a receipt for losing.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
He apparently had an IV in prior to the game, to get some fluids into him. Trooper, he is.

I'm sorry, but if I'm in the home stretch of a disastrous season with the flu, I'm not playing if it takes an IV to get me game ready, lol.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm sorry, but if I'm in the home stretch of a disastrous season with the flu, I'm not playing if it takes an IV to get me game ready, lol.

I think that's the difference between most people and a guy like Wheeler. He's trying to set the bar high for the rookies and show them the effort it takes to be a good NHL player. People like him might have been the difference between the losers mind set they have developed in Edmonton over the years and producing a team that HATES losing. Something Buff is also trying to buck, before it becomes a trend.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I think that's the difference between most people and a guy like Wheeler. He's trying to set the bar high for the rookies and show them the effort it takes to be a good NHL player. People like him might have been the difference between the losers mind set they have developed in Edmonton over the years and producing a team that HATES losing. Something Buff is also trying to buck, before it becomes a trend.

Very true. Wheeler should be captain next season, and I guess this is a solid example why.

Or he's trying to infect everyone with the flu virus to help the...uh, never mind.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
At this point in the season it might not be a bad idea to artificially inflate Postma's value by having him play with a better Dman and see if we can trade him in the off season for something like a 4th or 5th round pick.

You realize you've just ruined a carefully crafted secret plan by posting this?

I see that Buffalo has given an entry level contract to Kasdorf. Hope he doesn't end up being better than Hellebuyck and Comrie.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg

I agree with this. Wheeler strikes me as an old school kind of guy. No excuses. Just go out and do it. If you're not dying you got no good reason for not trying:yo:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
9 PM sucks. Loved when we played in the East. Also, Scheif should be next cappy, but won't beat out Wheels. Lastly, Kasdorf is no where near Helly, neither is Comrie for that matter, so don't worry about Kas being better then Helly.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
9 PM sucks. Loved when we played in the East. Also, Scheif should be next cappy, but won't beat out Wheels. Lastly, Kasdorf is no where near Helly, neither is Comrie for that matter, so don't worry about Kas being better then Helly.

6PM is terrible. It's meal time. Thank god they invented PVR's

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
9:00 is late, but will try to catch the 1st
4:30 comes early for the stair master
GJG

Derfel*

Totally agree - it'd be like having a player play through pain while recovering from off-season surgery to show real, true leadership. Defeats that "loser mind set" and shows the young guys true grit.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Go Jets go, play well boys! Barn burner game please.

All my wishes I posted in the tank thread

Schiefele and Wheeler hoping for multi points

When's Armia and Ehlers coming back?
Thorburn , Halischuk needs a rest, they are burn out

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I know it's a stretch but I would be happy to see Melchiori get his first NHL point. Always got a cheer for a guy to get that first one.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I prefer 9pm actually.

I like them too. I'll watch the game live. Unless I am actually at the game I never watch the game on PVR until the kids are in bed. No need for that tonight.

In the lockout year the Jets were to play a 9pm Saturday night home game against the Canucks. It would have been a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad