GDT: Jets at Senators - 7PM - TSN5 and RDS2 - No one cares anymore.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
happy for the win, just a general issue is that we are leaning way to heavy on our top 3 guys. We need to find a way to take some minutes and spread them around to our 4-6 dmen. Dont know how that gets done but we are going to burn out our dmen.

also interesting that zaistev and zub were our primary pk pairing. Does that mean 1 can play on the offside regularly?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Do you have a link for that????

I don't recall ever seeing that explanation from the media.

I mean, I can believe that is the reason -- but I don't remember DJ Smith or PD ever saying that.

Hey Funky, I don’t have a link as they were live discussions in and around the time where Zub suited up for his first games.

I will totally accept being challenged on it, but it was definitely talked about several times. The guy literally spoke zero English! By the time he cracked the lineup apparently he had grown that to about 30 words.

Anyways, he’s playing great and looks like a really solid defender :

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
happy for the win, just a general issue is that we are leaning way to heavy on our top 3 guys. We need to find a way to take some minutes and spread them around to our 4-6 dmen. Dont know how that gets done but we are going to burn out our dmen.

also interesting that zaistev and zub were our primary pk pairing. Does that mean 1 can play on the offside regularly?

You have to realize Mete was not going to play a lot of minutes in his first game - he had to pack up, drive over, and suit up all since he found out he was a Senator at noon. DJ Smith had no idea what he had with Mete, no time to even practice and have any idea what the Sens system is.

Brown got in a fight, and got 7 PIMs. Plus we spent a lot of time on the PK.

It was lots of factors going into the TOI distribution

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What a fun game to watch... Pinto and JBD in soon to give us more to watch.

Wow, Conor Brown. What a hockey player, so happy for him, so glad we stole him from the Leafs.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
New goalie coach must see some improvements or something. Be interesting to see how he looks his next start

Seems like a good chance Sens move on from Hogberg at the end of the season too

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If Murray lays a lemon in his next 2 or 3 games, do we shut him down for the season and just roll with Hoggie and FBerg?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Murray lays a lemon in his next 2 or 3 games, do we shut him down for the season and just roll with Hoggie and FBerg?

Man, I don’t envy Murray this next start.

Embarrass Winnipeg after the whole Tkachuk thing and spotting them a two goal lead...

Paul Maurice was livid and you don’t see that often.

Oh well, might as well toss him into the deep end and see how he does.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
For the money we're paying him, Murray should be getting starts.

I think we can all agree the team is playing better now than it was at the start of the year. Maybe Murray'll look better too. Maybe a rising tide will lift all boats.

At worse, he sucks and we lose, remaining right at the bottom of the standings and in line for another lottery pick.

Reactions: Jorge Garcia

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I can never remember it being on and I was a season ticket holder in the Bryden years.

I think i remember one time when i was about 12 or 13 that the water was at least warmish. I'm in my 30s now tho so maybe my memory is playing tricks.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
You have to realize Mete was not going to play a lot of minutes in his first game - he had to pack up, drive over, and suit up all since he found out he was a Senator at noon. DJ Smith had no idea what he had with Mete, no time to even practice and have any idea what the Sens system is.

Brown got in a fight, and got 7 PIMs. Plus we spent a lot of time on the PK.

It was lots of factors going into the TOI distribution

Oh for sure. At the same time its been a relatively consistent trend throughout the season. Not saying it needs to be equal split. But there needs to be an adjustment made.

Still happy we won, so it might be considered a small nitpick but it is an adjustment that is needed imo

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Maurice was happy to say how much he respected our team after the last win, insinuating that not taking us lightly helped them win.

He must have been livid after last game when no amount of taking us seriously could stop us from taking over the game.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Man, I don’t envy Murray this next start.

Embarrass Winnipeg after the whole Tkachuk thing and spotting them a two goal lead...

Paul Maurice was livid and you don’t see that often.

Oh well, might as well toss him into the deep end and see how he does.
Murray going to get pumped for a couple quick ones in the first :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad