GDT: Jets at Senators - 7PM - TSN5 and RDS2 - No one cares anymore.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Tkachuk once again proved that hating on him is counter-productive and just makes him play better.

He's only gonna engage with you and punch you in the face on his terms. If he's not in the mood, he might score a few on ya instead.

Im a fan

Reactions: SensontheRush

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Who hates on him? Answer lol

bradytkachukmustdie-png.421094

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
As happy as I am with the win, Smith's reliance on only half of our defenders is a symptom of a larger problem. Now is the time to let guys play. Chabot was the only defender on the PP, why not let Brannstrom qb the PP? I get that Mete has only just got here, but if we don't see him get more ice time, I'll have little faith in Smith's ability to develop our defenders.

Did you even watch the game?

They had 2 PP's. The first they scored on about a minute in. The second came with a minute left in the period. It's not like Chabot was having 2 minute long shifts on the PP.

This is just silly overreacting.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Funny to see him waiting and congratulating all the players as they leave the ice.

He's already the Captain.

Then why was Chabot walking with the captain's pimp limp after the game huh?? #TeamChabot (can we make this like a Twilight thing?)

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Just a theory but I suspect that the Sens play last night (they won) was a result of the trade deadline passing which provided some relief and certainty to the players remaining on the team. This phenomenon happens to many teams including the Sens in previous years.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just a theory but I suspect that the Sens play last night (they won) was a result of the trade deadline passing which provided some relief and certainty to the players remaining on the team. This phenomenon happens to many teams including the Sens in previous years.

Well, Tierney played a lot better which was odd.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chabot will get the C .. Brady will sign a bridge. No bad choice there for Captain.

I don't know why you wouldn't add reasons for Brady to stick around in Ottawa.

Chabot isn't going anywhere.

There's no rule that Captains have to stick around for longer than 3 years. A lot don't.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't know why you wouldn't add reasons for Brady to stick around in Ottawa.

Chabot isn't going anywhere.

There's no rule that Captains have to stick around for longer than 3 years. A lot don't.

There will be reasons to stick around. No rule but probably a preference

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There will be reasons to stick around. No rule but probably a preference

Once you make Chabot the Captain, you can't turn around and give it to Brady later.

Just seems odd.

It's Brady who is talking on behalf of the team in most cases, is welcoming the new players to the team, is congratulating guys leaving the ice.

Not naming the de facto Captain as Captain may not be a good idea.

Chara wanted to be Captain and it may well have factored into his departure.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I was Team Chabot until this year.

I think he's a better "A" at this point. Both great guys to have.

I honestly dont care either way lol. As I get older I realize the 'C' really doesnt mean as much as once thought. I just wanna start a fight.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not sure I would employ the Captaincy as some kind of carrot/stick or reward/punishment tool associated with signing a long-term contract or not.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, keep reading.

I would not give the C to Chabot with any thought of taking it away to give it to Brady.

Bob Gainey was the C of a pretty good team. Not a rah rah guy at all very quiet , cerebral. Not saying Brady would not make a great C .. I think he will lead in his way C or no C and if he commits to the team long term he probably gets it. Like you say this is no rule and he may get it anyway.. I don't think it would be wrong to give it to Chabot either way.. He definitely leads in his own way as well and the team leans on him a lot.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would not give the C to Chabot with any thought of taking it away to give it to Brady.

Bob Gainey was the C of a pretty good team. Not a rah rah guy at all very quiet , cerebral. Not saying Brady would not make a great C .. I think he will lead in his way C or no C and if he commits to the team long term he probably gets it. Like you say this is no rule and he may get it anyway.. I don't think it would be wrong to give it to Chabot either way.. He definitely leads in his own way as well and the team leans on him a lot.

Well this was certainly my rationale before this season, so I'm not knocking the idea.

My biggest disincentive was that it might somehow interfere with Brady's style of play - but now I'm pretty sure it wouldn't at this stage.

I don't think he'll suddenly be more afraid of taking a penalty with the C on his chest.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Brady and Chabby taking a run at the green jacket down the stretch! Dahlin running away with it, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad