Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Knights May 18 7 pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Losing to a team that is clearly worse than Nashville is too bad.

But this series is so winnable it's not even funny

Reactions: folix

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Losing to a team that is clearly worse than Nashville is too bad.

But this series is so winnable it's not even funny

I don't know about this ?? -- I think Vegas and the Preds play pretty much the same type of game playing with speed--"fast transition" kind of game. At this point in time, I'd say that Vegas has way better Goaltending ( Fluery) than the Preds have--so I think Vegas is the better of the 2.

Really Fleury has been the big difference maker for Vegas--"he's been fantastic."

Reactions: DashingDane

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Good lord with all those high danger chances and we are shooting sub 3%???????

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Players: Byfuglien & Stastny. Lowry & Laine. (they do it from the podium so they are combined scrums).

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What is it about the makeup of this team that has allowed them to handle adversity well? How do they make life difficult for Fleury? Jets turnovers and whether his team trying to do too much with the puck? On Hellebuyck’s confidence. What went into the decision to use Tanev on the 2nd line? Did he consider using Perreault on that line late in the game down a goal? How do they produce with a more balanced attack? On the speed of the Vegas team with respect to the Jets turnovers. Does he expect his team to look different down 2-1 in the series? On the Jets playing game 98 of the season. On Nikolaj Ehlers status.

To listen click here.

folix

Jul 24, 2011

I don't know about this ?? -- I think Vegas and the Preds play pretty much the same type of game playing with speed--"fast transition" kind of game. At this point in time, I'd say that Vegas has way better Goaltending ( Fluery) than the Preds have--so I think Vegas is the better of the 2.

Really Fleury has been the big difference maker for Vegas--"he's been fantastic."

Vegas is not even remotely as good as Nashville. Im sorry but this is just so far out there im not sure if your serious. Goal tending sure, as of "right now." We have hit a wack of posts and missed some empty nets as seen some squeekers with out results. They are luckier thats for sure. But better? No.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I don’t think Vegas is better than Nashville. The two times we have shown up (first game and last period) we have owned them. It’s totally up to the jets themselves if they win or lose. They are the far better team talent wise, they just haven’t felt the need to play with any passion for 5 periods.

They need to figure it out.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Vegas is not even remotely as good as Nashville. Im sorry but this is just so far out there im not sure if your serious. Goal tending sure, as of "right now." We have hit a wack of posts and missed some empty nets as seen some squeekers with out results. They are luckier thats for sure. But better? No.

They might not be better on paper but they play better hockey at the moment.

Reactions: GNP

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
We had a 2nd scoring line.. it just MIA.

If there was ever a game for the Laine line to put it together again like the last month of the season... this is it.

Don't care if it's Laine/Stastney, MattyP /Little, or Copp/ Lowry someone has to get going and score some goals and give the Knights something else to have to defend.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Don't care if it's Laine/Stastney, MattyP /Little, or Copp/ Lowry someone has to get going and score some goals and give the Knights something else to have to defend.
Last night third period when we were playing our game finally, every jet on the ice could have scored at some point. Same as the first game. But if we let Vegas dictate how the game is going to go then scoring is only accomplished by our top line.

If Vegas tries to trap we have to simply skate with speed right into their zone a full speed. We either gain the zone or they take a penalty.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Jets, please play the FULL 60 minutes. No more going for a stroll Hellebuyck, I hate when he does that.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Finally, Jets are facing a bit of adversity. Rarely happens that a Cup winner goes through a Cup run without facing some. This is good. Character building. I thought we'd lose game 2 and 3. And I thought we basically played well. Eliminate bad line changes and this series looks a bit different.

I think we can win this series even if we do go down 3-1. But I think we should bounce back tomorrow.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
And I really liked the Little line. Rosie is very dangerous. If Ehlers comes back, I hope it's straight in for Tanev and they leave Rosie where he is. WE need every ounce of skill we've got to beat Fleury right now.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Vegas is not even remotely as good as Nashville Im sorry but this is just so far out there im not sure if your serious. Goal tending sure, as of "right now." We have hit a wack of posts and missed some empty nets as seen some squeekers with out results. They are luckier thats for sure. But better? No.

Well-I don't know how you can believe this, and state that Folix -let's take a look

Jets played Vegas 3 times in regular season-- Vegas wins 2- 1

Jets played Vegas 3 times in the "playoffs" -- Vegas is up 2-1

Totals for regular season and playoffs-- Vegas leads 4 games to 2 ( 4-2)_

Vegas just blew out the Kings--4-0 and the Sharks 4-2

One of the big problems is the fans and Jet's team, have never taken these guys seriously--they do now--"so we'll see who's better" They are very close to each other.

Remember- hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard ;)

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If jets lose it's not to an expansion team but to MAF. How often does an expansion team land a golie of that calibre? Took us 7 years to get a playoff golie!!
MAF missed a big chunk of regular season
Vegas used at least 4 Goalies I’m just sayin

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Last night third period when we were playing our game finally, every jet on the ice could have scored at some point. Same as the first game. But if we let Vegas dictate how the game is going to go then scoring is only accomplished by our top line.

If Vegas tries to trap we have to simply skate with speed right into their zone a full speed. We either gain the zone or they take a penalty.

Funny how we all came to almost the same conclusion about the last game third period...

Our Winnipeg Jets in that last third period finally came back to the team they were most of the season but even better...

The Preds changed our game...

Rightly so for those changes helped us win the last series...

Now after that last third period our Jets are now back in the drivers seat...

We know now what our team needs to do as well they also know it now...

It was required learning on our Jets part and I firmly believe that they all know one cough up of the puck and its probably ends up as a goal...

We have to play fast and furious and if we have to give up the puck pass it back and regroup...

Its a game of keep away where the puck must stay on our sticks and not theirs...

We needed this learning curve and our Jets also needed to fall behind by one game...

I firmly believe we cause Vegas to ice the puck for the majority of the next game...

We Are The Better Team...

Go :jets Go

No vids or gif's this time... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
If we play to our potential, I truly believe no other team can hang with us.
The team APPEARS to lose focus or momentum to us lay people...
Who knows it’s fun and frustrating

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
JUST SCORE FIRST then IMPOSE YOUR WILL

We win simple as that!

The only thing that concerns me is energy levels playing every other night for quite a while.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
JUST SCORE FIRST then IMPOSE YOUR WILL

We win simple as that!

The only thing that concerns me is energy levels playing every other night for quite a while

We are three wins away from playing for the Stanley Cup...

That is all the motivation our Jets need...

Go :jets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad