Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Knights May 18 7 pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
The players need to remember that they can't win all three games on one shift. I think they need to play very fast and hard, but make simpler plays and avoid turnovers. They've been impatient, and the turnovers are killing them.

Keep the puck on our sticks not theirs...

Its a big game of keep away...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There is no evidence of this..

I would think there's a ton of evidence--every second post I'm reading is saying how much more talent we have than the Preds. What does that say -- it says to me that they automatically expect to win.

I don't think this is the case anymore --the Jet's know it's "game on." We'll see what the Jet's can do when they turn it up a notch. Let's not forget they are playing against a Goalie who right now is playing like one of the best in the world.( and he is)

Bottom line--if the Jet's are the better team---they will win--if not, they will lose.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

I would think there's a ton of evidence--every second post I'm reading is saying how much more talent we have than the Preds. What does that say -- it says to me that they automatically expect to win.

I don't think this is the case anymore --the Jet's know it's "game on." We'll see what the Jet's can do when they turn it up a notch. Let's not forget they are playing against a Goalie who right now is playing like one of the best in the world.( and he is)

Bottom line--if the Jet's are the better team---they will win--if not, they will lose.

That means they aren't playing well. That does not mean they are taking the Knights lightly and it is debatable that we have much more talent.

Reactions: GNP

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Both Goaltenders are playing very well --slight edge to Fleury maybe ?? I'd love to see the Jet's pull this series out--and they can. If the Jet's win the next game it's a 50-50 series with a slight edge to the Jets. If the Preds win the next game--the Preds likely will win this series in 6-7 Games..

It's really hard to get over previous series isn't it, I think the team is suffering same thing

folix

Jul 24, 2011

Well-I don't know how you can believe this, and state that Folix -let's take a look

Jets played Vegas 3 times in regular season-- Vegas wins 2- 1

Jets played Vegas 3 times in the "playoffs" -- Vegas is up 2-1

Totals for regular season and playoffs-- Vegas leads 4 games to 2 ( 4-2)_

Vegas just blew out the Kings--4-0 and the Sharks 4-2

One of the big problems is the fans and Jet's team, have never taken these guys seriously--they do now--"so we'll see who's better" They are very close to each other.

Remember- hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard ;)

Ok for starters most NHL teams had their rookie parties in Vegas while they were there. If you want a case for inflated home record there you go.

You REALLY want to compare the Sharks and Kings to the Wild and Preds???? Really? Saying because Vegas is up 2-1 and the regular season series was 2-1 is somehow a case that they are better then the Preds is poor comparison and really a stretch.

Vegas is not better then the Preds, the Sharks and Kings are no where near as good as the Wild and Preds. Not even close.

You could base your argument off fatigue for the Jets or just a bad style match up, but better? Nope.

Reactions: Ducky10

Coach

Dec 18, 2010

Shouldn't losing 2 of the 3 regular season games. plus trailing them in the standings for about 75 games convinced our players they were a good team. I don't believe we lost games 2 and 3 because we didn't respect them. We lost simply because they had better goaltending in the series. We have a better team which I would argue wasn't clearly the case against Nashville. We can't continue giving up at least one questionable goal a game and win. We did against Nashville only because their goaltending was worse than ours in over half the series. We need Hellebuck to steal us a game like their goalie is doing to win. Hard to win a series without at least equal goaltending.

Edit: The letter t sometimes sticks on my laptop. So I often have to edit to add t. Just an fyi

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
To be perfectly fair Enstrom cost us a goal with some extremely poor angles and defensive zone coverage. He was pretty awful in the previous game as well but good in the first game.

I was just blown away that a vet like him would take that poor of a angle on the Vegas attacker then get lost so bad in his own end. I dont know just how much of a leash you give him? Morrow was playing at an extremely high level and didnt make those mistakes. Morrow is bigger and faster and moves the puck well. I was baffled when I saw them remove him and insert Toby.
That might have been the worst play I've seen Enstrom make in that situation in a long time. Morrow playing at an extremely high level though? Don't see that. He might have more straight line speed than Enstrom but he is nowhere near the skater he is and doesn't move the puck nearly as well.

Having said that I'm onboard with Morrow coming in for Chiarot and getting paired with Buff, while Toby anchors Myers defensive game.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Good lord with all those high danger chances and we are shooting sub 3%???????
No kidding, at the end of the day I'm not sure I change much if I'm the Jets (boneheaded giveaways notwithstanding), other than trying to steal back the golden horseshoe Vegas has.

Reactions: blues10

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
.It's about time we get lucky.

I'm expecting a win tomorrow.

I'd like to agree Rehf-- but you know that -- "you gotta be good to be lucky"-- as most of the great teams will tell you. It just seems like bounces go their way.

I want to get "lucky" even if we're bad !!! and at least "tie" the series. Luck will not win the series though--just may decide a game or 2 ???

OR- You got to be "lucky" to be good--could use that kind of luck-"no mistakes."

I want to see the Jet's come out with a 'furious" 60 minute effort and trounce the SOB's. :thumbu:

Reactions: QuietContrarian

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Tampa came back from an 0-2 Start --to tie the series up 2-2 tonight, and they did it in Washington's rink. All 4 games in that series have been won by the "road team"

If the Jet's are the team we believe they are--we will come back and take this series-- just like we did in Game 7 in Nashville. It's a good test of the team's character !!! The Jet's can do this- I have no doubt. They are ready now.

I don't think Home Ice is serving up any advantages these playoffs--almost a disadvantage it seems. :huh:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

I've got "good news" for you my friend --if you don't like reading my posts, just press the ignore button, and Voila--you don't have to read them. As you must have read--there are no personal attacks allowed on here --"so grow up" It is disappointing to see that they allow mentally compromised people to post on here.:cool:

I did not take Vegas seriously as a fan...

Our Jets are professional as we are all in all our different occupations...

I truly believe that our team has finally figured out how to play Knights out for the rest of the series...

Game on tomorrow....

Lastly I have never ever thought our team coaches and players have ever taken any team we have faced not seriously...

We are all Jets fans...

So...

Go :jets Go

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Laine looks injured to me. His skating looks slow and painful. His shot release isn't the same. With the speed Vegas has, I'd be inclined to take him (Laine) out if Ehlers is ready to come back in.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Laine looks injured to me. His skating looks slow and painful. His shot release isn't the same. With the speed Vegas has, I'd be inclined to take him (Laine) out if Ehlers is ready to come back in.
we need goals!!!!!!! sure lets take the best goal scorer out :eek:
You never take a guy like Laine out.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
HF Jets friends... put down those Atari controllers...
I have failed you... :(

@AlphaLackey put in a lot of work to set up the info and images for a GDT... but sadly I will not be able to do it.
I'm not sure if he will be able to post something himself or not.

Just fair warning that we could be in trouble for a GDT.
Life getting in the way of HF Boards.... outrageous!!!

The last time I had to bail on a GDT we won so maybe that is the thing we need ;)
Although the Jets were so good this year that my Win Loss record is pretty spectacular too.

Here's hoping we can get a jump on them.
I'll be watching both games in Regina.
Driving home right after the Sunday match... c'mon Jets don't make it a a funeral procession.

Again my apologies.

Go :jetsGo!!!
Die :vegasDie

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I leave Laine in for his PP alone. Either they cover him and Scheifele burns them or they cover Scheifele and Laine has to make them pay. If we take out Laine, who fills his spot on the PP?

Reactions: probablywrongbut

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
HF Jets friends... put down those Atari controllers...
I have failed you... :(

@AlphaLackey put in a lot of work to set up the info and images for a GDT... but sadly I will not be able to do it.
I'm not sure if he will be able to post something himself or not.

Just fair warning that we could be in trouble for a GDT.
Life getting in the way of HF Boards.... outrageous!!!

The last time I had to bail on a GDT we won so maybe that is the thing we need ;)
Although the Jets were so good this year that my Win Loss record is pretty spectacular too.

Here's hoping we can get a jump on them.
I'll be watching both games in Regina.
Driving home right after the Sunday match... c'mon Jets don't make it a a funeral procession.

Again my apologies.

Go :jetsGo!!!
Die :vegasDie

No worries Zhammer, you've gone way beyond the call of duty for many a game. I might have to do some janky text subtitles but we'll get it done. I'm also undefeated when soloing GDTs so maybe this is just what we need :)

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Jets, please play the FULL 60 minutes. No more going for a stroll Hellebuyck, I hate when he does that.
This is me when Hell’s is in the trapezoid
latest

I almost get cardiac unrest from Hellebuyck handling the biscuit a la Pavelec.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad