Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Knights May 18 7 pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Jets being desperate will be good for them. They have to get back to that feeling they had going into Nashville for game 7. Play fearless, just do what you do and let it play out. They've looked hesitant to start the last 2 games, seems like they're afraid to make mistakes, which ironically leads to mistakes.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Any news on Ehlers? Was he healthy scratched? Hope that was the case because that would put some fire in his belly, but I would hate to see Roslo pulled out.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Have to go into game 4 playing much faster, both in terms of skating and in terms of puck movement. Get the puck out of the zone quick, and start getting more shots on net with players funneling towards the goal.

No reason why the Jets can't win this series, they're only down a game.

Need to win game 4 and make it a best of 3 coming home. One step at a time.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets being desperate will be good for them. They have to get back to that feeling they had going into Nashville for game 7. Play fearless, just do what you do and let it play out. They've looked hesitant to start the last 2 games, seems like they're afraid to make mistakes, which ironically leads to mistakes.

We are in that spot where we haven’t been yet which is trailing a series. I think our team will be intimately aware that if we lose we are probably done. Winning 3 in a row is Too tall a task with a team as good as Vegas.

I believe we will have a sense or urgency and desperation and unless we get goalied we will win.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
In order to win this series --the Jet's will now be in the proper mind set, and that is they have to play with the same "intensity and desperation" they did against the Preds. They went into Nashville and took Game 7 when the pressure was on--so we know the Jet's have the character to do this.

We will need to get some depth scoring from Ehlers, Little, Perrault and Laine if we're going to win this series. They have not been producing and it's showing up on the score sheet. Perrault had an excellent chance to score, and all he had to do was flip the puck over Fleury's pads. He doesn't look like a $ 4 million dollar player to me, and doesn't have that "big game" touch that you need.

Both Goaltenders are playing very well --slight edge to Fleury maybe ?? I'd love to see the Jet's pull this series out--and they can. If the Jet's win the next game it's a 50-50 series with a slight edge to the Jets. If the Preds win the next game--the Preds likely will win this series in 6-7 Games.

Changes I'd like to see --Ehler's in for sure --unless he has a "broken leg" --you just don't sit out a 30 Goal scorer when goals are at a premium.

Secondly--I'd like to see Morrow in for Enstrom--not that I think Enstrom has played bad defensively --he's been good-- but it's because Morrow gives us back end scoring- similar to Myers, and we'll need every goal we can get. Fleury is only allowing 2-3 goals a game -- and we'll have to put up 3 or more goals to beat this team.

I think this next game is "critical"-- the Jet's need to dig down deep, and pull this Game out, and bring us back home ice advantage--"then series on."

Last edited:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Heading to Vegas tonight to rally the troops. That hopefully means the win lol

It certainly won't hurt to have the Great Dane in attendance to rally the troops, and get Ehler's going. He may be the key to winning this series, and there's no way he should not play, unless he's severely compromised --like a broken leg or something ??

The Jet's "must" win this Game--or it could be lights out for the Jets. I think they will win this Game in a very hard fought and close 1 goal game. Fluery is the reason these Games have been so tight--so I don't expect any changes in his play. Full throttle man, wishing the Dane a great trip out to Vegas !!! :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: QuietContrarian

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
We are in that spot where we haven’t been yet which is trailing a series. I think our team will be intimately aware that if we lose we are probably done. Winning 3 in a row is Too tall a task with a team as good as Vegas.

I believe we will have a sense or urgency and desperation and unless we get goalied we will win.
Seriously the Jets have more talent than Vegas ... the difference is Vegas is outskating the Jets maybe its Nashville series hangover who knows but we all have seen the Jets this season on how they can play ... that 3rd period last night is the real Jet team we know.
The Jets are going to win 3 games in a row starting tomorrow.:thumbu:

I dont want to over use this pic but the Jets never lost when I post this pic.:D
bmFzAKw.jpg

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If Ehlers is back in, then I would leave Roslovic in the line-up and take out Tanev.

I just can't go along with taking out Tanev --I believe he's scored about 4 Goals in these Stanley Cup playoffs, and has come up big for the team at crucial times.

If Roslovic was to be inserted -- I'd likely pull Armia or Copp ???

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

I just can't go along with taking out Tanev --I believe he's scored about 4 Goals in these Stanley Cup playoffs, and has come up big for the team at crucial times.

Copp has been much better than Armia

Reactions: Hulide and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If Ehlers was healthy scratched PoMo needs his head examined!

If Ehler's was a "healthy scratch"-- it would really make me wonder about Maurice and the respect I have for him. I can't believe this was the case. I could see Ehlers suffering from nervous anxiety and not feeling well, as he looks like a very intense guy.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We need to get at least one other line producing in this series.

The Lowry line is wounded - Lowry has to be injured - he hit nothing last night and that is not like Lowry
The Little line is energy but not much else - don't reply on this group to save us.
That leave line #2 -
Move Laine down to the 3rd, move Matty P or Roz up to the 2nd - there would at least be hope on the 2nd with either move.
Laine is not getting it down 5 on 5 - it's painful to watch.
We will not beat the Knights with one line - won't happen. Need to get lone more cookin' and line 2 is the obvious choice.

Footnote:
Enstrom - I love the guy but he has to sit. Bring in Morrow.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017

Armia Out.. we Need speed!!

Reactions: thegr8one66 and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets have been the better team but Fleury has been something special lately. Also Jets very unlucky.

As they say --you have to be "good"--to be "lucky.";)

Reactions: folix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad