Not open for further replies.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
giphy.gif

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
View attachment 851222
Trust. The. Squad.

Unfortunately the wife and I are going through a hellacious situation at the moment. Not with each other thankfully, I'm blessed to have an incredible woman in my life. I'll have two soon, as our first child, a baby girl, will be arriving in July. I won't divulge much, other than a problem has been brought to our doorstep through nothing of our own doing. We are strong people and we are dealing with it, keeping calm heads and our sense of humor.

Sadly it caused me to miss what was probably the most fun game of the year. But I kept tabs on it and I'm truly gobsmacked. The Jets went into the biggest game of the season, away against their first round match up, to secure home ice advantage and absolutely put their foot down on Colorado.

I feel like it's metaphorical to what my wife and I are dealing with, which is the reason I chose to give a bit of insight into our situation. Seasons come and go. Some are tough and some are easy. Sometimes things get uncomfortable and you're thrown out of a routine or forced to deal with hardship. But things never last that way forever. Good times will come back around, as I know they will for us very soon. For the record, I'm very grateful for the blessings I have in my life and everything will work out, as it usually does.

That's like these Jets. They had a bad stretch there where it wasn't fun. It seemed like the wheels had fallen off. Lots of people were down in the dumps. It couldn't stay that way forever. I referenced the song You'll Never Walk Alone in a recent post and the lyrics "at the end of a storm is a golden sky". It's true of life and it's true of sport. Now look at how the boys are flying, this is a high that I implore every one of you to take in today and enjoy. Enjoy every second of it, as this is a beautiful moment and equally, it won't last forever.

I'm ready for the playoffs. I believe in this team and nothing will stop me from doing so until the Jets can't play another game or I can't take another breath. Whatever comes first. Life is bigger than hockey, but in my life, I want to know a Cup just once. And I want it for all of you.

I couldn't end this without a mash. Today the Jets took the power back. Now they're coming for the Cup.

Much love to you Jets fans. Make sure your whites are freshly laundered.

Sorry to hear that you're going through a tough patch (but congrats on your upcomig farherhood)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well that was summat.

Helluva game from the whistle, Speed, skill, hustle, sticks (and Ehlers' skates) everywhere and anywhere. The Avs are MacKinnon -- they wanna be free and hate to be frustrated, and the Jets at their best are an immensely frustrating team to play against.

Thought 55 was absolutely immense, and that line had jump and orneriness we haven't seen in a while. Clean passing and puck possession, great stuff and KFC's passing had real wizardry this aft. And 81's backcheck to set up the line change on Goal #6 (I'm saying it out loud) was fab.

Ehlers also had himself a game. Had some devastating rushes and passes but also intercepted about 200 pucks, and the combination of his speed and menace and Monahan's patience, holdup play and clinical finishing were real difference makers, while Toffoli had some strong short plays along with the goal. The quick reverse to Monahan to help set up the 6th goal was magic.

Lowry and company excellent again with some nice hands in close for the cap, and Appleton once again poised and solid in all zones. Didn't think the 4th were as explosive, with Barron's timing seeming a bit off, but again controlled the play and had their chances.

D looked good, structure and blocked shots, JMo superb again, with that seeing-eye goal, and Pionk finally grabbing the bone and pestifying as we know he can, while Dillon cleaned up. Samberg was absolutely excellent again I thought, with a couple of beauty stretch plays, and Stan settled down after a few awkward passes early and played another really good simple, solid game.

Helle stayed dialled in, which ain't easy. The Jets are so far ahead of the Avs in goaling that Georgiev et al barely show up in the rearview.

And then.... coaching. This was a brilliantly managed game from the bench. Tempo, ebb and flow, and also thought the line changes were beautifully done, allowing pressure and variations in speed and forechecking to be kept right on through the 3rd. It's a demanding, tiring way to play, but when they manage it they can beat any team any night.

I almost --almost -- wish they'd saved this perfect painting for Game 1. But it ain't no bad thing to be this deep in the Avs heads before then.

Chapeau a tous. This was a great, great hos d'Oeuvres for the playoffs.

1713049665477.png

Switch officially flipped.

1713049723528.png

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I don't even know what to say? Who is this team and where did they come from? Holy crap, 7-0! Wow. I give this game five "Ike's" out of five...

SouthPark-14.jpg

SouthPark-18.jpg

SouthPark-20.jpg

SouthPark-25.jpg

SouthPark-28.jpg

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Krakenheads has been posted for your guesses. It's a nail biter to see who will win the contest, it could even come down to the Kyle Connor goal total poll from the beginning of the season...

The game against Seattle is the last game available in the regular season to make a GDT, so as they say...

giphy.gif

So sign up while you still can...

Speaking of snoozing, see you on Tuesday! Good Night...

ikeasleep.jpg

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Avs look like a bit of a paper tiger, they chalk up reg season points but can’t win tough games and not good defensively (reminds me of the leafs). IIRC the Jets beat them every game this year (3 wins). See if they can man up in the playoffs or not. Much sooner play the Avs than Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad